WINNER WONDERLAND

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #14 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Connecticut
“The "Place" to stay in Punta Cana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed a great return trip to Paradisus Palma Real in Febraury 2013. As always (we have been coming to Palma Real since its opening in 2006) this hotel lived up to our expectations. The employees always treat us with a big welcome smile and the utmost courtesy.
The grounds and facilities are just spectacular and very well maintained.
Guest suites are clean and spacious, ask for an upper floor and you will have beautiful views of the gardens or possibly the beach. The beach will amaze you, one of the prettiest sand beaches you will see, yes there is seaweed when storms come thru but that is cleaned daily. Activities on the beach, include hobbie cats, scuba diving to the reef (one free per day), snorkel boat to the reef (included), beach volley ball and dance classes.
Off the beach there are included cigar making classes, candle making and flower arranging, etc. Always something to do or like us, just relax if you wish. I do, scuba dive and this is an excellent area to learn, our children were certified here. The reef helps protect the area and therefore not many strong currents when diving. The resort aquatics center provides a free intro class to scuba diving at no cost and includes a shallow dive (approx 20-30 feet). At extra cost they also can get you certified.
There are two gyms one in the main hotel (recently remodeled) and one in the Reserve which is very nice but you will need to either walk a bit or take a cart.
We enjoy all the restaurants at this resort, but our favorites are Palazzo, Passion, Vento and Gabi Beach. We would like to recognize the various employees that provided us with above and beyond service.
At Gabi Beach, Juan D'Aza always makes sure we have a phenomenal meal.
Palazzo we are treated with incredible service from Smerlyn, Hoose, Richard, Jose and Americo. Bienvenido working the grill and Pablo will make you great meals there .
At Vento, which is mediterranean they have a new menu including our favorite dish of osso bucco. Wander and Luis "Luigi" always make sure we are well cared for here.
We had a spectacular meal at the Passion restaurant. Try the multi course tasting menu with the wine flights to match. This restaurant has an extra cost but is well worth it for the quality of food and service. Very romantic and not to be missed.
In the Royal Service area, which is adults only, you have a dedicated pool and beach area and generally is the quieter area of the resort. Pedro, Francisquito, Francisco G and Martin take exceptional care to be sure you are pampered both in the pool area and beach.Bringing you drinks, preparing your beds on the beach/pool or a palapa (sun hut) and just making sure you are enjoying your day. Winkin in the Royal Service bar makes the best drinks (and no they are not watered down, so be careful) he does his job with a constant smile. I think it is because he enjoys what he is doing to you ;-).
If you are traveling with adults only, Royal Service is definately worth the extra cost.
Do not miss the show put on by Ramon "Fuego" in the main pool bar and his sidekick Luis "Fueguito", they are just great. This is the swim up bar area.
There is a small casino but we do not gamble but do enjoy the bar service from Antonio. In the Lobby bar David, Orny and Altagracia do a great job to keep everyone happy and thank you also to Julio Cesar, evening bars manager. If there is high occupancy this area can get very busy and a great area for people watching. There is also live music from 10pm.
The new Red Lounge next to the lobby bar gets busy after midnight and is pretty much the only late night entertainment on the resort.
If you are traveling with children you might want to consider the "Reserve" area, there is a children's play area and pool. Also you also get a dedicated beach area, but you do have to take a cart to the beach, otherwise a 15 minute walk.
The airport is a short 20 minute ride to the resort and we usually take a taxi (the guys wearing the pink shirts at the airport) the cost is $30 for up to six people one way. There are shared shuttle buses that cost approx $7 per person each way, but depending on luck you might make multiple stops which will make for a longer trip timewise. We prefer to get there quicker and start enjoying.
We have traveled the world and can tell you that this is a great resort and well worth it. Understand that you are on island time and therefore at times you might have to wait a bit, but remember why you are visiting. Just relax and enjoy. They work very hard at pleasing you and a simple "gracias" goes a long way.

We would like to send a very special thank you to Vicente Rubianes and Miguel Rovira for their very kind hospitality.

We are already planning a return trip with our family.

Select Paradisus Palma Real as your resort in Punta Cana and you will not go wrong.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Loum613
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guests,

My reading of your review shows me that Paradisus Palma Real has become your home in Punta Cana since the last 6 years and it makes me feel proud and honored to learn that we have achieved our goal, your total satisfaction.

Your impressions on this trip are greatly appreciated and please rest assured that your compliments will be transmitted to those you have mentioned.

Thank you for putting your trust in our company and we hope to have you back for many years.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,871)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nepean ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

i just return from my vacation march30 to april 6 I was truly impressed by the service the staff and the facility as whole it lived it up to its name a paridise I want to give praise to two of your staff in particular Cesar Lafle room service he goes above and beyond to get us what we needed and Mercedes form housekeeping service she is very professional those two staffs take pride in your organization they didnt expect tip they want you to know how good the service was its show a lots of passion for they works in facts everybody was very polite friendly and professional I will recommend this hotel to my friends and families in a heart beat Kudo

Room Tip: the weather was humid choose above ground
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marier278
Dear Guest,

I am proud to hear about your satisfaction with the services provided by our staff during your stay. Thank you for highlighting the dedication demonstrated by Cesar La Fle and Mercedes.

Your compliments will be gladly transmitted to the corresponding and we will be waiting your next visit to offer you another awesome vacation.

Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Mike (my husband) & I visited the Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana for our dear friend's daughters wedding. Eddie & Niki. We arrived on the 13th of March 2013 & left on the 20th, begrudgingly...We had a wonderful time at your resort. The service was grand. The food was great. The rooms were spectacular & the turn down service was a special treat. I just wish that casino was bigger : ) !

We loved both the beach & the pool. The grounds of the resort were really beautiful. The shopping was pretty sweet too ! The buffet was good as well as the restaurants. There is something for everyone's tastes.
We will surely recommend this resort to our family & friends.

Room Tip: Close to the beach, pool & restaurants !!
3 Thank Beth117R
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to express my gratitude for having chosen our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as the place to spend your recent holidays.

It is a pleasure for me to hear that your experience at our Resort left a memorable impression on you. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal.

Thank you for recommending our Resort to your family and friends and to all the travellers on TripAdvisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you in the nearest future at your second home in Paradise.

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at the Paradisus Palma Real over February 25 - 27 as a site visit for a group. We dined at Palazo for lunch on February 27 and Richard Ortiz waited on us. He was wonderful! He went way above and beyond the call of duty and really treated us like "royalty". In fact, when my friend requested another glass of wine and he knew we were headed upstairs to the Royal Service Lounge he put the wine in a different glass and carried it upstairs for her. Terrific service!

We had terrific service all over the property but Richard Ortize in Palazo really stole the show!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MaggieH545
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Maggie,

I would like to thank you for having shared your experience with future travelers

It is a pleasure for me to learn that we have surpassed your expectations. However, it makes me even happier to hear that the kindness of our staff made your stay memorable. Thank you for highlighting the effort and dedication demonstrated by Richard Ortiz at our Palazzo Restaurant.

Please consider Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as your second home and we will be waiting your next visit.

Lawrenceville, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

The grounds, the rooms, the pool area and the ocean were all beautiful. The food was OK - not horrible, but didn't have any meals that I truly enjoyed, except maybe at the Japanese restaurant. The service was lackluster - at breakfast you could finish your entire meal before receiving your first cup of tea. I had given up on finding a well-made cocktail in the entire resort until I found the M bar. This is located inside between Fresco and the surcharge restaurant - go there.

Also - the spa is fantastic and the prices are suprisingly reasonable. Highly recommend the reflexology treatment.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably stay at a less expensive resort.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pron6miller
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion.

Please rest assured that your observations were taken with the utmost consideration and I do hope to host you again at your second home, Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was concerned after checking into our room which I noticed immediately smelled very musty. After 12 hours of traveling we were totally exhausted and got put in an adjoining room next too a crying new born baby. I remembered having the option of upgrading to Royal Service during check-in but opted not to at the time. My girlfriend took a shower and the water wasn't draining either. Then noticed in the closet a cover missing and a lot of loose wires which didn't look too safe. I called the front desk to talk to someone about changing rooms and there was no answer, so hung up and called again. One more time, no answer. So we walked to the lobby and I upgraded to "Royal Service" for about an extra $550 for 8 days. Best money I could have spent! This is when the vacation started! We were taken to the Royal Service lounge to check in(also a faster check-out when leaving.) We were put in a much newer, cleaner, and better smelling room with a butler(more later), a cell phone to call the butler, private beach, private pool & private restaurant. Royal Service is the difference between a 3 star and 5 star resort! Ok, about our Butler...he only did an average job. I noticed other Butlers greeting people in the morning and helping them get setup on the beach. But we didn't see him until we called repeatedly and then he finally would show up. He did make restaurant reservations in all 6 or 7 places, but he never asked what we liked to eat. We ended up making some changes ourselves. He also prepared a bubble bath jacuzzi one night, with rode pedals and all. It was awesome...but I had to ask for it a couple times. It would have been cool had I been able to surprise my girlfriend, but he just didn't seem to get it. Everyone doesn't speak the best english and that's OK, if you try to speak a little spanish and are patient, it works out. I gotta say, one of the real highlights of our trip was Pedro Reyes who delivered room service to us everyday. He is one bright 20 year old young man. He called us every morning(he didn't wake for us) and made sure we had everything we needed. One day after sharing that we wanted tacos(not on the menu) he jumped on the phone and found a cook who made them for us special, along with a huge bowl of guacamole and pico de gallo....all of which was not on the room service menu!! He was great, teaching us Spanish while we helped him with English. He told us all about the Dominican Republic...stuff we never would have known. He just went the extra mile and did it with a huge smile. I hope the management knows what a gem they have on their hands. We wish he had been our Butler! He made our vacation special and we will never forget him. We ended up having a terrific vacation and enjoyed this resort. But I don't believe we would have without the upgrade. Go with the Royal Service!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to Royal Service!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Palma Real Resort for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion.

I am very concerned to learn that your stay with us was not up to what you expected. I assure you that all your observations have been taken with the utmost importance; therefore your comments on improvements areas have been shared with my Manging Team and it will be part of our daily work.

Thank you for highlighting the excellent service provided by Pedro Reyes and we hope to have the oportunity to welcome you againg.

El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

CONFIRM!! CONFIRM!!! CONFIRM!!! Your reservation.
I traveled from Texas with my wife and daughter to meet with my parents and relatives in Punta Cana to expend Easter from Thursday to Sunday with them. In total we were like 20. We confirm our reservation and also we made reservations in a couple of the restaurants of the hotel the night before arrival. (Restaurants Asian fusion, Steak & Grill). When we arrived Thursday morning they said our reservation was cancelled. Nobody knew how? Or Why? The reservation was cancelled. We had the confirmation number with us but that didn’t help at all. They offered us to look in another hotel because they didn’t have any rooms available at that moment. (They found a hotel that didn’t accept kids. WHAT????? They knew we were traveling with 4 babies). Anyway we never got a concrete answer of what happened neither an alternative solution to the situation. After 2 hours there, a lady named Belen Santamarina, called the security of the hotel kicking us out of the hotel. I don’t know if this hotel tends to overbook rooms on a busy season and latter on randomly cancel your reservation without letting you know in advance.
My advised is to be paranoid about your reservation confirmation!!
Avoid going on a big group.
Avoid going on a busy season.

• 1 of 5 bubbles