“Beautiful Resort”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Beautiful Resort”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Mike (my husband) & I visited the Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana for our dear friend's daughters wedding. Eddie & Niki. We arrived on the 13th of March 2013 & left on the 20th, begrudgingly...We had a wonderful time at your resort. The service was grand. The food was great. The rooms were spectacular & the turn down service was a special treat. I just wish that casino was bigger : ) !

We loved both the beach & the pool. The grounds of the resort were really beautiful. The shopping was pretty sweet too ! The buffet was good as well as the restaurants. There is something for everyone's tastes.
We will surely recommend this resort to our family & friends.

Room Tip: Close to the beach, pool & restaurants !!
3 Thank Beth117R
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to express my gratitude for having chosen our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as the place to spend your recent holidays.

It is a pleasure for me to hear that your experience at our Resort left a memorable impression on you. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal.

Thank you for recommending our Resort to your family and friends and to all the travellers on TripAdvisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you in the nearest future at your second home in Paradise.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,104)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at the Paradisus Palma Real over February 25 - 27 as a site visit for a group. We dined at Palazo for lunch on February 27 and Richard Ortiz waited on us. He was wonderful! He went way above and beyond the call of duty and really treated us like "royalty". In fact, when my friend requested another glass of wine and he knew we were headed upstairs to the Royal Service Lounge he put the wine in a different glass and carried it upstairs for her. Terrific service!

We had terrific service all over the property but Richard Ortize in Palazo really stole the show!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MaggieH545
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Maggie,

I would like to thank you for having shared your experience with future travelers

It is a pleasure for me to learn that we have surpassed your expectations. However, it makes me even happier to hear that the kindness of our staff made your stay memorable. Thank you for highlighting the effort and dedication demonstrated by Richard Ortiz at our Palazzo Restaurant.

Please consider Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as your second home and we will be waiting your next visit.

Lawrenceville, NJ
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The grounds, the rooms, the pool area and the ocean were all beautiful. The food was OK - not horrible, but didn't have any meals that I truly enjoyed, except maybe at the Japanese restaurant. The service was lackluster - at breakfast you could finish your entire meal before receiving your first cup of tea. I had given up on finding a well-made cocktail in the entire resort until I found the M bar. This is located inside between Fresco and the surcharge restaurant - go there.

Also - the spa is fantastic and the prices are suprisingly reasonable. Highly recommend the reflexology treatment.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably stay at a less expensive resort.

1 Thank pron6miller
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion.

Please rest assured that your observations were taken with the utmost consideration and I do hope to host you again at your second home, Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was concerned after checking into our room which I noticed immediately smelled very musty. After 12 hours of traveling we were totally exhausted and got put in an adjoining room next too a crying new born baby. I remembered having the option of upgrading to Royal Service during check-in but opted not to at the time. My girlfriend took a shower and the water wasn't draining either. Then noticed in the closet a cover missing and a lot of loose wires which didn't look too safe. I called the front desk to talk to someone about changing rooms and there was no answer, so hung up and called again. One more time, no answer. So we walked to the lobby and I upgraded to "Royal Service" for about an extra $550 for 8 days. Best money I could have spent! This is when the vacation started! We were taken to the Royal Service lounge to check in(also a faster check-out when leaving.) We were put in a much newer, cleaner, and better smelling room with a butler(more later), a cell phone to call the butler, private beach, private pool & private restaurant. Royal Service is the difference between a 3 star and 5 star resort! Ok, about our Butler...he only did an average job. I noticed other Butlers greeting people in the morning and helping them get setup on the beach. But we didn't see him until we called repeatedly and then he finally would show up. He did make restaurant reservations in all 6 or 7 places, but he never asked what we liked to eat. We ended up making some changes ourselves. He also prepared a bubble bath jacuzzi one night, with rode pedals and all. It was awesome...but I had to ask for it a couple times. It would have been cool had I been able to surprise my girlfriend, but he just didn't seem to get it. Everyone doesn't speak the best english and that's OK, if you try to speak a little spanish and are patient, it works out. I gotta say, one of the real highlights of our trip was Pedro Reyes who delivered room service to us everyday. He is one bright 20 year old young man. He called us every morning(he didn't wake for us) and made sure we had everything we needed. One day after sharing that we wanted tacos(not on the menu) he jumped on the phone and found a cook who made them for us special, along with a huge bowl of guacamole and pico de gallo....all of which was not on the room service menu!! He was great, teaching us Spanish while we helped him with English. He told us all about the Dominican Republic...stuff we never would have known. He just went the extra mile and did it with a huge smile. I hope the management knows what a gem they have on their hands. We wish he had been our Butler! He made our vacation special and we will never forget him. We ended up having a terrific vacation and enjoyed this resort. But I don't believe we would have without the upgrade. Go with the Royal Service!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to Royal Service!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Palma Real Resort for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion.

I am very concerned to learn that your stay with us was not up to what you expected. I assure you that all your observations have been taken with the utmost importance; therefore your comments on improvements areas have been shared with my Manging Team and it will be part of our daily work.

Thank you for highlighting the excellent service provided by Pedro Reyes and we hope to have the oportunity to welcome you againg.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2013

CONFIRM!! CONFIRM!!! CONFIRM!!! Your reservation.
I traveled from Texas with my wife and daughter to meet with my parents and relatives in Punta Cana to expend Easter from Thursday to Sunday with them. In total we were like 20. We confirm our reservation and also we made reservations in a couple of the restaurants of the hotel the night before arrival. (Restaurants Asian fusion, Steak & Grill). When we arrived Thursday morning they said our reservation was cancelled. Nobody knew how? Or Why? The reservation was cancelled. We had the confirmation number with us but that didn’t help at all. They offered us to look in another hotel because they didn’t have any rooms available at that moment. (They found a hotel that didn’t accept kids. WHAT????? They knew we were traveling with 4 babies). Anyway we never got a concrete answer of what happened neither an alternative solution to the situation. After 2 hours there, a lady named Belen Santamarina, called the security of the hotel kicking us out of the hotel. I don’t know if this hotel tends to overbook rooms on a busy season and latter on randomly cancel your reservation without letting you know in advance.
My advised is to be paranoid about your reservation confirmation!!
Avoid going on a big group.
Avoid going on a busy season.

10 Thank JRTX77
New Albany, Ohio
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I will try to be short and to the point:
Overall facilities: wonderful! The gardens, the beach, facilities. Beautiful. Fun to explore! Takes a day to get the lay of the grounds, but once acclimated, easy to facilitate.
Rooms: dated, dark, poor storage areas. But viewing the pool and ocean add greatly to the pleasure. Not that you will spend much time in your room other than sleep and horizontal boogie
woogie!
Dining: above average overall. Vento the best! Ambience and service excellent. Gabby B
each very nice. Service spotty at lunch but wonderful during evening dining. Alessandro great server, hard worker. Palazzo, very nice.

Room Tip: Royal Service! Antonio Duvall, our butler fluent in English, very professional and detail oriented!
1 Thank Mathma43054

Dear Guest,

Please rest assured that your observations were taken with the utmost consideration.

I am proud to hear about the excellent service offered by Alessandro and Antonio. Your remarks will be forwarded to them.

We truly hope to receiving you again at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I recently visited the Paradisus Palma Real and stayed in the Royal Service Garden View Whirlpool room and had a GREAT time. We had recently gotten married and needed to get away from the New York City crazy for a few days. I have to say that Paradisus served that purpose perfectly. We paid the extra money for the Royal Service and that was definitely worth it. Our butler, Nicolas Maracallo, was amazing. He took care of everything we asked for (arranging massages, making dinner reservations, prep-ing the jacuzzi in our room, bringing special pillows for my wife, and even bringing sunscreen down to the beach for us when we forgot ours). Nicolas and the rest of the staff at Paradisus kept us from having to think about anything other than relaxing. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are actually really nice and do offer a bit of a view of the water. The gar...
1 Thank Tim M
Dear Tim,

It is a pleasure for me to learn that we have surpassed your expectations. However, it makes me even happier to hear that the kindness of our staff made your stay memorable. Thank you for highlighting the effort and dedication demonstrated by Nicolas Maracallo.