“This place always seems to surprise me and my family.”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #17 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just got back Monday 3/11.. My stay was for 8 nights!! I am Sol Melia member and so I get royal service but can I say that this was by far our best vacation yet.. My husband and I decided to bring friends with us and they couldn't believe the level of quality on food and drinks. They travel often and said they have never seen such fine entertainment. We saw a fire show, a cirque du soleil show, a Michael Jackson show and so on.. They served top shelf liquor such as Remi Martin and Hennesey.. Everyone treated us with the upmost respect and the resort it self was heaven. They have an open court with candle light and the decor has no words!! Everyone needs to experience this place at least once in their lives.. The Vento and the Japanese restaurant were our favorites, though Suchi and the buffet were just as amazing!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Grizz141
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the trust you have granted us as well as for having introduced your friends to our family.

I am delighted to hear that you all have had a wonderful week full of surprises.

Please consider Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as your second home and we will be waiting your next visit.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Write a ReviewReviews (11,620)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a massive complex of three all-inclusive resorts within a resort. The architecture is palatial and marble is used everywhere. The resort centerpieces are the interior courtyard and the adjacent main pool. The marble courtyard is reached via a magnificent staircase leading down from a most impressive reception area. There is a large cocktail lounge located in the reception area. The courtyard is adorned with sculptures, fountains, mood lighting and interspersed with seating fixtures. The massive swimming pool is located at the foot of the courtyard. The beach is on the other side of the pool. It is a beautiful beach with very fine white sand. Day beds and lounges, many situated under thatch roofs are interspersed throughout the beach. The surf is relatively calm. The resort grounds are expansive, lavishly landscaped and meticulously maintained.
Paradisus has a large tennis center, a nearby 18 hole golf course and a spa with a broad range of services and treatments. Water sports abound along the beach. There is also a special program for families and kids and a separate swimming pool is reserved for them. The resort’s casino is a non-event.
Our Royal Service Garden View accommodation was Room 3099 which commanded a price of $615.00 per day. Royal Service suites are adults only and are located in a separate area of the complex. Royal Service guests have access to a private lounge which serves complimentary drinks, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres throughout the day and evening. A light continental breakfast is served daily. The computer workstations are furnished with Apple hardware and the Wi-Fi signal is excellent. The Royal Service check-in/out desks are located in the lounge. The check-in process was far more convoluted that it need be. Royal Service guests are assigned a personal butler and are given a cell phone upon check-in which is used to contact him and also for the convenience of local calls. Royal Service guests receive preference for specialty restaurants and the spa. There is also a private pool with Bali beds. The Palazzo restaurant is for the exclusive use of Royal Service guests.
The room was very spacious and furnished with a king size bed, end tables, lamps, luggage bench and combination dresser, desk, cabinet which housed a mini refrigerator that is stocked with complimentary soft drinks, juices, snacks and bottled water. The bottled water is generously supplied as tap water is not potable. In addition, complimentary bottles of scotch, vodka and rum are provided. There is a flat panel TV affixed to the wall at the foot of the bed. The room was furnished with a single serving coffee maker and a stereo player. The room has a separate sitting area furnished with a full size sofa, lounge chair, coffee table, end table, floor lamp, and a small dining table with two chairs. A personal safe is located in the closet. The balcony has two chairs and a casual table. The bathroom has a whirlpool tub, walk-in shower, separate commode stall and a single basin vessel sink on the vanity. Flushing the toilet is an art form requiring anywhere from one to five attempts. A complete range of toiletries is provided. The floors throughout the suite are marble. Complimentary Wi-Fi is provided although the signal is very weak consequently there were numerous disruptions of connectivity. The resort has no elevators. If your ability to climb stairs is limited, you should make sure to request a first floor accommodation.
We experienced an extended power outage on one of the days. The consequences of this were obviously no lights and A/C but also no water and toilets because there was no back-up for the pumps.
In addition to the Royal Service’s exclusive Palazzo restaurant, there are numerous (I believe seven) specialty restaurants throughout the complex. Food is this resort’s Achilles heel. It is, AT BEST, pedestrian and quite frankly, during a course of our five night stay, I cannot say we had one good meal. Being an all-inclusive resort, the price of meals are obviously included; however, a decent bottle of wine goes for approximately $75.00. Other that Palazzo, I found the service level to equal that of the food quality. In fairness, I believe this was mostly a function of challenged English language skills. It truly was a factor.
A store is located on the lower level of the reception area. It stocks a variety of apparel and toiletries. The resort also provides free shuttle service to the nearby Palma Real shopping mall. The Dominican cigars I purchase at home for $8.00 cost $10.00 in the hotel shop and at the mall cigar store.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NewJerseyMember
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your impressions after having stayed with us.

I deeply regret to hear that we did not fully exceed your expectations with some of our services. In Meliá Hotel’s International we believe that only by listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests we are able to immediately detect areas for improvement and can therefore take actions instantly.

If you consider giving us a second chance in the future, please let us know and we will be attentive to offer you a pleasant stay as possible.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our second visit to this wonderful resort, and it was just as amazing as we remembered. Because we booked thru Melia. com we were upgraded to VIP status. This gives you a few extra perks, including the VIP lounge for check in, internet and buffet. Camilo Pache took great care of us, answering all of our questions, making dinner reservations, and when we had to say good-bye, he confirmed our flight and printed our boarding passes. Our favorite restaurant was the Vento with a wonderful Mediterranean menu. The buffets in Cios for breakfast and lunch were absolutely fabulous...so many choices, and the fresh fruit was really a treat. The staff was very attentive and friendly every where we went. One of our favorites, was Luis Montan. He always had a special greeting for us, and seemed to know what we needed before asked.
This is one of the best all inclusive resorts that you will ever stay in. Whether you want to just lay in the sun, take advantage of the casino and shows, or go on one of the side trips, it has everything you could possibly want. We will be back!

Room Tip: We had a junior suite, on the second floor. It was a lovely, spacious, and very quiet.The bed was v...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference in selecting our property as the place to spend your last vacation.

I am delighted to hear that for a second time your expectations were exceeded. At Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond guest's expectation; therefore, I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal.

We will be more than happy to have the opportunity to hosting you again in the near future.

Paradisus Resort Punta Cana

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I visited Paradisus Palma Real in February 2013 for a week and it was fabulous. I was on vacation with two great friends to celebrate our birthdays. We had a great time! The resort is an oasis and words really cannot describe how beautiful it is. You must visit to see for yourself this gorgeous resort. The cabana near the pool was great and the ocean was breathtaking with the white sand. I wish we could have stayed in that paradise longer. The staff was awesome, very attentive and helpful. The entertainment staff Yira, Ridolfo, Angel and Jo Angel was fun and entertaining. I loved the classes during the day teaching me Latin moves to bring to the dance floor in the evening.

Our bartenders David and Orny were fun and very pleasant. We enjoyed their company and great service. The staff works very hard and they take pride in their work and making the guest feel welcomed. I enjoyed the food and the staff at the restaurants was AWESOME! They made our experience such a joy each evening (especially on our birthdays Feb 25-27) at the various restaurants were birthdays to remember.

Issidro was great! He attended to our needs late nights after partying and was so helpful and very pleasant each time. I also have to thank the friendly smile and attentiveness from Anareus who also made our trip memorable and very pleasant. Great thanks to Alberto our concierge and staff at the beach and pool they all were great and very attentive. I may have left off some names but everyone we encountered during our stay was excellent and I will be returning to visit Paradisus Palma Real.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mashean H

Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you have had a great time while celebrating your birthday.

Thank you for highlighting the attentiveness of Yira, Rodolfo, Angel and Joangel from our Activities team, as well as David, Orny and Alberto.

We will be expecting your next visit to offer you another awesome vacation.

Sinceramente,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have to say this was the nicest Caribbean vacation I have ever taken. The hotel public space, the rooms, the beach, the food and the people were great. From Ramone (our butler) and Jonathan (our room service attendant) to Laura de Vega (the resident manager), all of these people that took care of us were wonderful.

While the entire resort was great the Royal Service restaurants, rooms, beach area, pool and pool bar were by far the nicest on the property and well worth the extra money to upgrade…I highly recommend upgrading to Royal Service.

Upon your arrival they greet you in a private club house for Royal Service guest to check in. The rooms were ready upon our arrival, well stocked to suit all our needs plus they were in a great location.

Each day we would walk on the beach, usually walking two or three miles to the right one day and then up the beach to the left another. And there is no doubt about it; Paradisus Palma Real is the nicest resort on that five mile stretch of beach.

In simple terms….I have been to a dozen Caribbean islands and resorts over the past 15 years and this was hands down the best. I may not ever go anywhere else.

Ramone…hope to see you soon, you were outstanding.....thanks for everything.

Hampton Wall

Room Tip: Upgrade to Royal Service...well worth it
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that your experience at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort surpassed your expectations.

Our staff is always attentive in order to fulfill all your needs. With pleasure I will pass on your compliments to those you have mentioned.

Many thanks for having shared your imrpressions and we look forward to welcoming you back at this, your second home in The Caribbean.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have been at this resort 9 times. I can honestly say this last visit was one of the best experiences ever! First and most obvious as you enter the property were the impeccably manicured grounds. They have really worked hard in the last year to improve this and it is so obvious! We have never seen the resort look so beautiful and well taken care of!
We have always stayed with Royal Service and would recommend nothing but! Manuel has been our butler for 4 years and he never seems to disappoint. It had been a year since our last visit but he still remembered all of the little things we like in our room. He even remembered the exact wine we prefer in our room! Never intrusive, but always available, Manuel is the perfect representation of all that Royal Service has to offer. That being said, he does not work 24 hrs a day. Our hearts go out to Ramone, Juan, and Carlos for always being there to fill in when needed. Any one of the fabulous butlers will bend over backwards to meet your needs and make your stay the best it can be! Thank you Manuel, and all the others, we love you all! Please keep in mind that butler service is guest driven. If you are a first time guest do not hesitate to lay out your expectations and needs from the very start. Like I said, they are not intrusive but they need a starting point.
The pool service, beach service and bar service in Royal Service is second to none!!!!! Pedro, Fransico and Fransico are the absolute best! Never once did I have to carry a towel to our beach bed or palapa! It is total spoilage there! For four years we have always enjoyed the same beach bed exactly where we like to be, and we never had to ask! Our favorite palapa at the pool was reserved for us everyday. Even better, on my birthday it was decorated with balloons, rose pedals and swans made out of towels! These guys are truly amazing never missing the mark with an eye for detail. Winken and Nelson manned the bar, serving up the best drinks and a laugh every second of the day! Thank you to all of you for all that you did for us!
The food has always been great every time we were there. However, this last visit the food was amazing! Palazzo and Vento are our favorites, but what ever faire you are looking for you will never be disappointed. Even the service in the buffet was exceptional. Wander is the head waiter in Vento. He made my birthday so extremely special, I truly felt like a queen! Please say hello to him when you visit. My husband arranged for a private dinner on our balcony for my birthday. Sandy was our private waiter, as he has several times in the past. His professionalism and service is second to none. That was one of the most special dinners we have ever had.
The only area we recognized as the weakest was housekeeping. Not that they didn't do a good job, it was average. Face clothes seem to be at a premium and many times we were not given any, I suppose this is minor in the scheme of things, but it is something to work on.
The only other thing that was not to the standard we are use to is the bar service in the lobby at night. Simple drinks they could manage, but something like a white Russian was difficult for them. The service was slow, and not as friendly as other bars in the resort.
My husband and I can not say enough about this resort and the service we received. It is a beautiful environment with the best people that truly want to serve you and make it amazing.
Thank you Sarah for taking the time to greet us, we really enjoyed getting to know you. We are so excited to return in June, yet again, to celebrate our anniversary!

Room Tip: Ocean front is amazing, but ocean view offers amazing views of the gardens and the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amtmc0621
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear guest,

To begin, I would like to express my gratitude for choosing Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort again as your holiday destination as well for sharing your impressions about your recent experience at Royal Service.

I am so positively impressed about the fact that you have chosen 9 times our hotel. That really means that we are actually doing things right, providing quality services which exceed our clients expectations. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.
I would also like to tell you that all this positive aspects are the best way to keep all the team motivated in order to keep providing this perfect services.

On the other hand, I am proud and grateful to hear about your satisfaction with the service and attentions provided by Manuel, Ramone, Juan, Carlos, Pedro, both Fransicos, Winken, Sarah and Nelson. In Meliá Hotel’s International we are aware that the kindness of our personnel is one of our most important assets.

Finally I would like to tell you that your comments about the lobby bar, will be take in considerations in order to rectify the services given there.

I am looking forward to see you again next years. I will make sure that your next holidays will be better than these ones.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed for 6 days and wished we would never have to leave. Not a bad price for an all inclusive resort. I was taken back a little by the seaweed on the beach and in the ocean but its the ocean and I should have expected it....I just don't like seaweed, other than that the beaches were really nice. The resort staff was amazing and the food was fantastic. We enjoyed several shows that the resort put on nightly. All in all it was amazing and we will be going back again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Wendy B

Dear guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our hotel, Paradisus Palma Real, as the place to spend your last holidays as well as for having shared your impression with future travelers.

Exceeding the expectation of our guests is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this, it is necessary to provide quality services and good attitude from the employees. I would like to apologize about the seaweed in our beach but we can’t actually do much. As you said, is the ocean.

Once more thank you for your good comments and for your constructive criticism. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Yours sincerely,