“Treated like royalty!”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The best time! Great ocean view room 3 rd flood. Royal Service is worth every penny of the upgrade. Our Butler Jeri, Santa in the Royal Services lounge and Pedro at the pool are just a few of the staff members who made our vacation sooooo memorial I cannot say enough, this is the perfect place for relaxation and romance. The only thing keeping me from rating this resort a 5 is the fact that our shower never got quite hot enough, even after two calls to request that the temp be turned up...

Room Tip: Go with Royal Service, you won't regret it. Request a high floor for ocean view. Ours was perfe...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alwaysgreen1
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear about your recent experience at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as well I would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to write your impressions.

Exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude. I am proud to hear that our activities team went above and beyond in his effort to fulfill all your needs. It is thanks to staff members like him that we can make the difference

We are expecting to have the pleasure to celebrate your wedding in the nearest future.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Write a ReviewReviews (11,335)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

A big thank you to Nicolos and Sergio they took very good care of my husband Greg and myself while we stayed at the Paradisus Feb. 9 -17. This is one trip we will not soon forget. The resort was beautiful, the food delicious and the service excellent++++++. The spa was the most beautiful spa I have ever been in. Don't miss it if you go to this resort.

Room Tip: Get as close to beach as possible. The only thing I wasn't thrilled with is our from was in the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience as well as for highlighting the service offered by Nicolas and Sergio.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed our facilities, food and spa.

I reiterate my gratitude and hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back at this, your second home.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our family of 6 stayed at the Palma Real for a week in August of 2012. Really was a fantastic vacation. The staff were friendly and accomodating. The facilities were excellent. The service and staff were outstanding, very friendly - had wonderful conversations throughout the week with many of the wonderful people there, who were all very patient with my terrible spanish-lanugage skills. Great environment. Bottom line is that we had such good time that we are going back in 2013.

* Service - Our concierge was outstanding. Knew us all by name, went out of his way to make sure that we more than we needed. The bar and wait staff were excellent.

* Rooms - Very nice. For a family of 6 had 2 connecting rooms, with cabana in the back. Clean. Well maintained. Didn't spend much time there because we were out and about. We actually spent the first night in the Paradisus, then shifted to the adjacent Palma Real when a room upgrade opened up so got to see a total of 4 rooms - all of which were of similar high quality.

* Location & Amenities - Short ride from the airport (20 min). Beach was beautiful. The swimming pools are awesome - really spectacular. Beautiful landscaping.

* Restaurants - many choices. Enjoyed all of them, especially Aqua.

Like the Best - The service.

Liked the Least - Some seaweed on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your preference in selecting our property as the place to spend your last family vacation.

I am delighted to hear that your expectations were exceeded with our location, rooms, restaurants, and services. At Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond guest's expectation; therefore, I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal.

We will be expecting your next visit.

Paradisus Resort Punta Cana

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We just returned from a week long vacation. My review is mixed because the resort had numerous positive items with a few drawbacks we personally didn't care for. You must remember you are in another country, so 5 stars in the Dominican would not be the same 5 star experience in the states. I believe it is one of the nicer resorts in the Dominican area based on appearance alone. "We also walked several miles in each direction". The grounds are immaculate and cared for on a daily basis. The units are spaced well and the entire complex is very walk-able. The golf cart shuttle was never used by us. The beach was also nice in appearance and very clean. However, the constant distractions took away from the beauty. The resort sits in the middle of everything. This includes para-sailing, boats, vendors, day trips, boose-cruises, and like 50-60 helicopters flying just above the resort each day. This created a lot of constant distraction!
The service was on the most part very good. The restaurant service was generally excellent. Certain bartenders will go out of their way for you while others hardly recognize you. It felt like tipping would get you better service and recognition. Reservation times varied, and we are not planners, so towards the end of the trip it was difficult to get in at a good time. This is when we had to go to the buffet. Nothing special here, yet not entirely bad. Always something different, just not the greatest taste.
The spa was the best part of our trip. While somewhat pricey, it felt good to be able to utilize the therapy pools throughout the day of your service. Very tranquil experience both times we went. Our room was nicely kept with turn down service nightly. The fridge was stocked daily with soda, beer, water, and juice @ two of each. The negative with the room was the power. We easily spent 50% of our vacation without power. The air conditioning ALWAYS worked, but the remaining power would go out at different times daily! AND yes, I realize their is a main switch on the wall by the door that serves as a main switch! That seemed to be their reason every time we called. We just got used to it as long as the A.C. kept working! The rooms seemed to have a slight musty smell to them, but not uncommon for a resort such as this.
Would we go back? probably not as we like to try different resorts. I would recommend this resort and feel they tried to go out of their way to make it special. It was just a little to hectic on the beach scene for me. I like something more reserved and quite. They need to create a more authentic food option as the buffet seemed to lack towards the end. I believe most people would be more than happy with the accommodations at this resort and appreciate the effort made by all the employees during our stay..

Room Tip: We liked the lower floor with the patio on the ground floor. Building #39 was away from the water b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wicowboyfan

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

I regret to hear that our gastronomical offer could not reach your expectations. I took a good note of your particular observations, however is worthy to mention that selected products compose our gastronomical supply, taking into consideration the diversity of clients who visit our hotel.

We put greatest attention to the comments and suggestions of our customers as it the only way to detect areas for improvements.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a beautiful resort and the staff did their best. We were in the "Royal Service" section which has many privileges, without these the rating would have been lower.

Starting with the good. The beach, the pool awesome. If I wanted to go somewhere and be pampered and just lay around. This is hard to beat. The beach guy worked his butt off to make you happy he was overworked but always smiled. The Royal Service had it's own bar and restaurant, We learned just to eat most our meals there. The gym was very good. Several bikes, treadmills, and weights. And I must mention, only premium booze, no second tier stuff.

The not so good. Hair dryer did not work, TV had no picture, electricity goes out a lot so the clock was useless. Nice booze in the room, no glasses so we used coffee cups. No internet in the rooms unless you are close to lobby or bar.

Most the bars around the pools are under staffed and during our week we were never asked if we needed a drink (except by the over worked guy setting up chairs.) Food was average outside of the Royal Service. The food was so bad at the Thai restaurant that we just walked out. It was obvious that there was a buffet in the kitchen and you were just "plated" . We heard the same from several guests.

Compared to other resorts, activities were minimal. It appears that this place caters to corp events, several evenings there were corp events going on that occupied most of the venue so your choice was to sneak in with them or go sit at the bar. Again, if you just wanted to "hang" it was not so bad. Lot's of things were not available because they were being "repaired". Also, only 2 bathrooms for the entire beach and pools. For 2 days one of them was closed for painting, really? That should have been done during the evening.

Now I don't mind getting my own drinks and making things right myself and being in charge of my schedule so we had a great time. But it is the little things that add up. This place has the potential to be great it needs better management.

Room Tip: Pay for the Royal Service, if you can get a deal. Use the free part of the spa and leverage the Roy...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Your comments caught my attention and I would like to extend my apologies If you have felt that we did not performing as our usual level of standard of services.

Your observations on improvement areas will be shared with my managing team in order to fine-tune with the operation.

As a side note, I am glad to hear that our pool staff of Royal Service did their best to make you feel pampered.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have travelled to several resorts in the Carribean and read the reviews for this and and were very excited to go! Upon arrival we were greeted very warmly and then shown to our room, that is when things changed, our room smelled like we were dropped off in a sewer. We spent the night and when we awoke my husbands throat was sore from the odor. I asked to be changed and by lunch time that did happen. I might have thought this was just bad luck but we were travelling with 2 other couples and they had the same problem. Unfortunately for them it took most of their day waiting in there room to be promised just one more hour and we will move you will that hour was all day.

The next morning we made reservations for dinners for the week and they were written down for us and after the first nights dinner they lost all of the rest so instead of standing in the lineup for another 1 1/2 hours were went to the buffet. Having said that the food was good and lots of variety.

The beach is great for taking long walks. There is quite a bit of grass in the water but still quite nice.

Sevice was good and staff were friendly.

Would I go back to this resort? Probably not very touristy in this area - helicopters, boats and more boats zooming back and forth. For the money we spent we were very disappointed.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you unpack and if it smells ....MOVE
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am quite concerned to learn about your dissatisfaction and the situations related with your room allocation and I would like to extend you my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you may have faced.

Your observations will be discussed with my managing team in order to apply corrective measures and thus fine-tune with the operation.

If you consider giving us a second chance in the future, please let us know and we will be attentive to offer you a pleasant stay as possible.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

There were several positives and negatives on our stay here. We have travelled to many destinations and stayed in many different accommodations, so do feel I can speak with integrity here.
When we first arrived the welcome was overwhelming and sincere. We felt great. When we got to our room we were somewhat disappointed and as things began to go wrong became frustrated and angry. Power to our room went out a couple of extremely key times and after being passed around and hung up on it was fixed. The phone didn't work lights were burned out or missing, there just wasnt a lot of communication or help. The waitstaff was for the most part sensational and one of the concierges named Vladimir was exceptional. Vladimir spent 30 minutes with us discussing Haiti vs the Dominican, arranged and scheduled transportation to a trip to the doctor for my wife and fixed all of the fore mentioned maintenance issues in our room.

• Stayed: February 2013
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

The comments and suggestions of our customers are of the utmost importance and assistance to us and I would like to thank you for bring these matters to our attention.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and please rest assured that it has been shared with my managing team and it will be part of our daily work to ensure to have it corrected on a short term.