“Awesome”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level

What great hospitality.

We had the 2 bedroom grand master suite. Truly enjoyed my vacation with my whole family

I want to thank Ramon Fuego, Luis Fuegrito and Luis Gonzales.

These guys were awesome.

Festive atmosphere, great beach

4  Thank rick r
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Rick,

It is truly a pleasure for me to receive your impressions on this trip.

Exceeding expectations of our guest and offer memorable experiences is our commitment and I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal. I greatly appreciate your recognition to the effort and dedication demonstrated by our bartenders Ramon “Fuego” and Luis Diaz as well as Luis Gonzalez.

Thank you for your valuable comments and I hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family again at this your second home, Paradisus Palma Real Golf and Spa Resort.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I spent a week at the Paradisus Palma Real and was so impressed. The resort was the best all inclusive I have ever stayed at. Fresh fruit, vegetables, fish (grilled to order), so many other great entrees and delicious desserts every day at the buffet, and 10 other restaurants for dinner. My most fun was participating in the dance lessons and exercise classes every day. The staff was patient and fun as they taught dances like Merengue, Salsa, Bachata, etc. Rodolfo, Joangel, Jose, Angel, Elizzer, and Yira spoke perfect English (among several other languages) and made my stay a blast. They taught dances and Zumba during the daytime and at night, after entertainment, they would dance with everyone. Wendy was fun for water aerobics and yoga. I certainly got plenty of exercise to keep up with eating all that great food! The bartenders were very kind and Ramon especially! My room was beautiful and spacious. Just like in the pictures. The bed was very comfortable. The beach was safe for long walks alone. Everyone was friendly who worked there. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle_Hn

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having chosen us as the place to spend your last holidays as well for having taken the time to share your impressions.

I am proud to hear that you have had an unforgettable experience when participating in our dance lessons and exercise classes along with our Activities team.

Once more thank you for your valuable comments and we hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

An absolutely incredible experience! I've traveled widely and have stayed at plenty of exclusive resorts to wisely say that my experience at the Paradisus was "excellente!". The personal butler service offered to the royal service is much appreciated and worth it.
My morning tea and breakfast server, Pedro Reyes was super attentive to my likes, bringing me my choice of fruit, my fave tea and always on time. The rooms were turned over twice daily, the hosts/servers by the pool and ocean were very courteous and helpful and the evening entertainment was varied. I especially enjoyed the cirque and fire show. Great dancers too!
The Palazzo restaurant has the most impressive service and hospitality...A+ while the Gabi and
Vento restaurants were equally at par. Will definitely recommend this resort and will be back.:)

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor,so close to the water,loved it! The RoyalService is wellspring the $.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laju M
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know that your stay at Paradisus Palma Real filled all expectations.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for recommending our property to prospective travelers.

We will be waiting for your next visit in your "home away from home".

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Palma Real and just returned a few days ago. I expected to enjoy my stay, but the country, the hotel, and especially the staff far exceeded any expectations! Every member of the staff was kind, organized, efficient, pleasant and transformed my trip from vacation to paradise. One aspect in particular stood out, however; the activities! THE DANCING CLASSES WERE SUPERB!! I must tip my hat off for finding Angel, Rudolfo, Eliezer, Yira, Joangel, and Jose! (Ask for any or all of them! They take excellent care of you!) They taught a variety of dance classes, among MANY other activities, and were phenomenal instructors. I already have a latin dance background, so they had me partner dancing from "hola," but for others, they were patient, funny, and knowledgeable. They helped create great comraderie. I've never danced so much and had so much fun doing it! In my short stay, I've noticed that the DR seems to have a natural rhythm about it, a beat to which everyone sways, truly making these dancers the heart and soul of the Paradisus.

Room Tip: Some rooms require that you go outside the main building and walk around the side to reach a separat...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Deborah,

I am delighted to hear that after having stayed with us you have returned home feeling relaxed and full of energy thanks’ to the dance lessons you have practiced along with our Activities team .

Thank you for highlighting the dedication demonstrated by Angel, Rodolfo, Eliezer, Yira, Jose and Joangel and It will be a pleasure to pass on your compliments.

We will be expecting you to continue with the dance lessons and thus offer you another unforgettable experience.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I went to Paradisus with a large group from my husband's company. As soon as we arrived at the resort, we were amazed at the impeccable grounds. It is truly a gorgeous property. We had the upgraded Royal Service and were taken to the Royal Service desk, where we were offered beer, cocktails, Mimosa's and snacks. We were then taken to our room, which was on the beachfront. It was perfect. Our room was just above the Royal Service pool and a short walk to the main lobby, the main swimming pool and the property restaurants. The beach was huge, with soft white sand and the occasional palm tree. Perfection. Every morning that we came down, we were greeted by Miguel, who assisted us with finding chaise loungers, in the sun or under cover. He then checked on us periodically, bringing us cocktails, water bottles and fruit plates. We felt like royalty.

The bars and restaurants on the property were lovely as well. The first night we were there, we went to the Japanese restaurant, as the sushi part was full. If you want sushi, make reservations early as they only have a small area for the sushi part. As far as our food went, we both felt the food was sub par at the Japanese restaurant. The entertainment was good and the servers were excellent, but the food itself was not seasoned well at all. In addition, the jumbo shrimp was overcooked and tough.

The other restaurants however were pretty good, with the exception of The Market Grill, which serves a lot of typical grill food - hamburgers, hot dogs and nachos. May be good, but in the Dominican Republic on vacation, we prefer a better selection.

Lastly, the best part of Paradisus would have to be Yhi Spa. I have visited a lot of spas in the Caribbean, and this by far is the BEST. The large Yhi Spa is a short golf cart ride from the main lobby, and is located in a part of the resort so quiet, peaceful and beautiful that it can only be described as paradise. Once you enter the spa, you are given the opportunity to shower in an outdoor shower. You are in a private stall, surrounded by trees and a light breeze. I was then escorted to the steam and sauna rooms. After that, I was taken out to wait for my therapist. One point I need to make - you are offered a Chlorofil water. Unless you are used to it, I'd recommend not drinking it. My friend got violently ill after a glass. It is dark green in color, and it tasted okay. It didn't bother me, but I was told it would clean you out, so I sipped a little and poured it out. My hot stone massage was beyond fabulous. Wendy was my therapist and I thought she did such a good job, I quickly booked another appointment with her. The pool area at the spa is complete with a warm pool, two jacuzzi's and an ice plunge pool. Sounds crazy, but the ice pool is very good for you. It's a natural anti inflammatory but I couldn't go in for the suggested 60 seconds, which is brutal.

I would highly recommend Paradisus and out of all of the resorts we have been in the Caribbean, I would say that this is hands on the most spectacular resort. It is owned by a Spanish company, and the D.R. is Spanish speaking, so expect Spanish speaking staff. You are not always going to come upon people that speak English. It bugs me when people expect English speaking people at resorts and then complain about the language barrier. My husband and I will be going back.

Room Tip: The Royal Service rooms are gorgeous. Well worth every penny.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write us after having stayed with us.

It is a pleasure for me to hear that your experience with us left a memorable impression on you. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

Once more, thanks’ for your valuable comments and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you in the nearest future at this your second home.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The resort is beautiful! Everywhere you look is like a post card. The staff were all very freindly. You'll eat breakfast at the buffet and most lunches and even some dinners. Ask for Guillermo Avila (nickname superman.) He was awesome!! Always took great care of us and was really great with the kids (2 and 5.) We just got back and they want to have "Superman" over for dinner. At the pool bar, make sure you find Ramon Fuego. Also, top tip...the pool bar has ice cream. Ramon was again great with the kids and provided excellent service. It is amazing how fast he and David Garcia work. Always with a smile. Ramon and Superman made the trip extra great!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. We turned in early with kids, but were able to set the a/c fan to on instead o...
1  Thank Mike H

Dear Mike,

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely appreciate your respects on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by Guillermo Avila, Ramon ¨Fuego¨ and David Garcia. Please rest assured that I took a good note of your observations; therefore your compliments will be transmitted to them.

Thank you for share your impressions and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had an incredible time at this resort! my only other tropical vacation like this was in Jamiaca, and although the food was better in Jamaica, the Palma Real did an exceptional job in entertainment at all times. Drinks from our favorite bartenders Luis (don't know last name), Ramon Fuego, and David Garcia were top notch and they we so entertaining! My favorite however who deserves an exceptional round of applause was Rodolfo Castillo who organized tons of fun activities included many great games of beach volleyball. He was funny and personable, just a really great time! We will definately we back again. my only suggestion is that you switch the food up in the buffet more ofter. I felt like i ate the same thing everyday.

Room Tip: ask for a room closer to the beach... ours was in building 39 and it seemed like a hike to get anywh...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank whitpan2moore

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort for your last holidays as well as for letting us know about your recent experience.

It is a pleasure for me to hear that Rodolfo and our bartenders David Garcia & Ramon “Fuego” went the extra mile in their effort to turn your vacation in an unforgettable moment. We are aware that staff members like them, are our most important asset.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and observations and I look forward to welcoming you back at this, your second home.

Sincerely