“Fantastic”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Just got back from Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana. The hotel is stunning, with a beautiful beach and the room was great. Most staff in this lively hotel are very friendly. Food was delicious. Felix Grullon, a very talented Chef at The Reserve, knows how to handle his knives and spatula while providing entertainment to his customers. His co-worker was also fantastic. David and Tita, at the Bar, could not do enough to please us - they were just superb! We enjoyed the Banana Mama and the Chichi cacapuca drinks prepared by them. Jacoba Batista provided an awesome service on a daily basis - courteous, friendly and attentive gentleman. Angel! We cannot thank him enough. He is a brilliant dance instructor, He is not only an amazing teacher, but he also knows how to make the lessons fun. Top score from us.

We cannot say the front desk were anything close to welcoming. Our arrival and departure was overshadowed by the lack of hospitality and attention by the front desk person doing our check-in. We feel management should address this issue with that particular staff.
Overall our stay was very enjoyable and pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SurenMagie
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Magie,

I am very proud to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and I sincerely appreciate your compliments towards Felix Grullon, David, Tita and Jacoba Batista.

At the Paradisus Palma Real we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, that’s why we appreciate your comments and I assure you will be taken in consideration in order to take immediate actions.

My apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered while on vacation and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,035)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 9, 2012

First off you must visit, Ramon Fuego, at the main pool bar. He is the most friendly, customer service first bartender I've ever had. The food is better here than any other all inclusive I've been to. The resort is smaller and more intimate. The only negative thing i would say about the resort is don't get caught up in the sales pitch they'll try and give you to join their time share. It'll cut into your vacation. Also, it is very hard to get change for

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Kjud23
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your valuable comments. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us .

I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just returned from this beautiful hotel and all the previous positive reviews are true. Juan Castillo was our butler and he was always available to make the vacation the best. In fact all of the staff, restaurant, beach, spa, golf-- all there with a smile and to make a vacation a memorable one We even had a private tour arranged . Thanks to all

Room Tip: Partial ocean view- corner with balcony Perfect view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Sharon,

I would like to thank you for your valuable comments. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

At the Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

We await you soon at this, your ¨home away from home¨.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have to The Reserve at Palma Real, Paradisus, 7 times. Most times we go with the kids. In the last year the Paradisus management has drastically improved the food quality. We usually stay in the swim up suite which means our suite walks out onto the pool. The kids just play in the pool outside our back door the whole day. There are also many other activities for kids like the Kids Zone. The staff have always been very helpful and friendly. We take a family concierge when we go and it is worth it as she will book your dinners and take the kids to the Kids Zone.
We are going back at Christmas with the kids and when we ere there last Xmas it was so nice. They have lights all over and special dinners. The kids can't wait and neither can we.
I also recommend the Spa. We went several times and also met the Manager. She is from Croatia and cares deeply for her staff. Most of the staff members have been there for over 5 years. They are well paid and taken care off.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Belinda ,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience. At Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to hear that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence. Therefore I assure you that I took a good note of your observations.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you for Christmas, at this “your home away from home”.

Bloomington, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our service from these two has been wonderful! Juan Caylos served us at many restaurants one of them being Gabi Beach he is very polite and our service was great! Juan Castillo was our butler for the week and anything we needed he helped us right away there is nothing I can complain about because they truly made this vacation worth it :)

Room Tip: Upgrade to Royal Service it's worth it !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary G
Dear Mary,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your experience here at the Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

I feel proud and grateful for your comments regarding to our staff members Juan Carlos Feliz and Juan Castillo Perez. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. You may rest assured that I will gladly pass on your compliments to them.

I hope to have the pleasure to serve you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Managing Directo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2012

(sorry for my bad English)

This is my first review and I want to do it because they deserve it.

PARADISUS PALMA REAL IS A MUST! I mean, the resort is stunning, the rooms are nice and spacious, the beach is clean, the food is really good and the spa atmosphere really makes you forget about home/work/study…I could keep talking about the resort for 10 pages but I won’t because in fact there is nothing bad to say about this hotel. It’s just amazing. But there is one thing that really brings this resort to another level: the employees. They are SO nice, polite, respectful…They really treat you like family. They are working really hard and you can see they like their job. Whether to solve any of your problems, to make the perfect dinner or to entertain you at the pool they’ll do whatever it takes to make it perfect.

Vladimir Rodriguez and Emannuel at the customer service
Kelvin Feliciano, Anthony Diffo and Ricardo Canela at the naos restaurant
Maria , Rachel and Leo (the dancers)
Eliezer Robles , Angel Alcantara , Jose Gonzalez, Henry Heredia and Stalin Brito (the animation team)
Ramon Fugeo at the pool bar

These are just a few among many others. They push their limits to serve you better and to make you enjoy your vacation. This is the difference between a great hotel and a good hotel. So I find it important to name them because we are coming back next year mostly because of them.
The good reputation of this hotel is based on the hospitality and kindness of the staff.

Had a great trip!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Penelope,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience. I truly appreciate your compliments towards Vladimir Rodriguez and Emannuel from room service, people from the Naos Restaurant, Ramon Fuego and the animation team.

At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

We await you soon at your ¨home away from home¨ Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Rosmalen, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I really loved this resort!!! It is very luxe en beautiful!! although the bedsofa was not so comfortable to sleep for an adult, the whole juniorsuite is beautiful and the bed very comfortable.
to sleep in.
Because it was really hot weather. We could't enjoy to much from the facilities without airconditioning. I'd suggest that they should put a beter ventilation, more and beter fans, because it was so hot!! even at night!!
Food was most of the time tasty, mostly by buffets, but at some restaurant it wasn't so much, at least wat we had. Vento and Market Grill's food was not zo lekker voor us.There is a dress code for some restaurant which not everyguest follow, so we could have saved bringing unnecesary clothes, because they let you in anyway...
Most of and the staff was very kind, helpfull and friendly, i liked so much the perzonalize service that they brought to us. I'll always remember Ramon (nick name:Fuego), he is so nice, kind and helpull!!! he always brought a very goed service!!! But there also were a couple of ones who were a bit unpolite to the guests and show not interest to do his work.
In our periode of staying was a weekend where more guests were comming. At this point was the service messy and it caused a bit of chaos, but here i blame here the management who didn't arrenge more staff to handle that!! They were not prepare for that situation, and the service went down in those day's. I'm happy we went in a low season; there were very few guests comparing to the capacity of the hotel. I can not imaging if the resort is completly full.... In conclusie: Eventhough the minus punten i loved to be there!!

Room Tip: The junior suite is wonderful!!! But the small suite is also very comfortable for guests without lit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Alexandra,

I would like to thank you for selecting our Paradisus Palma Real Resort for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience. I truly appreciate your compliments towards Ramon Fuego.

I regret that we did not meet your expectations with the ventilation in some of our areas. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude. We will be attentive to the behavior of our staff so as to avoid situations that lead us away from our goal.

I assure you that your observations were taken with the most importance and forwarded to the respective heads of the departments involved in order to take immediate actions.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and I look forward to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.