“amazing staff + beautiful resort = Paradisus”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 6, 2012

(sorry for my bad English)

This is my first review and I want to do it because they deserve it.

PARADISUS PALMA REAL IS A MUST! I mean, the resort is stunning, the rooms are nice and spacious, the beach is clean, the food is really good and the spa atmosphere really makes you forget about home/work/study…I could keep talking about the resort for 10 pages but I won’t because in fact there is nothing bad to say about this hotel. It’s just amazing. But there is one thing that really brings this resort to another level: the employees. They are SO nice, polite, respectful…They really treat you like family. They are working really hard and you can see they like their job. Whether to solve any of your problems, to make the perfect dinner or to entertain you at the pool they’ll do whatever it takes to make it perfect.

Vladimir Rodriguez and Emannuel at the customer service
Kelvin Feliciano, Anthony Diffo and Ricardo Canela at the naos restaurant
Maria , Rachel and Leo (the dancers)
Eliezer Robles , Angel Alcantara , Jose Gonzalez, Henry Heredia and Stalin Brito (the animation team)
Ramon Fugeo at the pool bar

These are just a few among many others. They push their limits to serve you better and to make you enjoy your vacation. This is the difference between a great hotel and a good hotel. So I find it important to name them because we are coming back next year mostly because of them.
The good reputation of this hotel is based on the hospitality and kindness of the staff.

Had a great trip!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Penelope,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience. I truly appreciate your compliments towards Vladimir Rodriguez and Emannuel from room service, people from the Naos Restaurant, Ramon Fuego and the animation team.

At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

We await you soon at your ¨home away from home¨ Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (11,331)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I really loved this resort!!! It is very luxe en beautiful!! although the bedsofa was not so comfortable to sleep for an adult, the whole juniorsuite is beautiful and the bed very comfortable.
to sleep in.
Because it was really hot weather. We could't enjoy to much from the facilities without airconditioning. I'd suggest that they should put a beter ventilation, more and beter fans, because it was so hot!! even at night!!
Food was most of the time tasty, mostly by buffets, but at some restaurant it wasn't so much, at least wat we had. Vento and Market Grill's food was not zo lekker voor us.There is a dress code for some restaurant which not everyguest follow, so we could have saved bringing unnecesary clothes, because they let you in anyway...
Most of and the staff was very kind, helpfull and friendly, i liked so much the perzonalize service that they brought to us. I'll always remember Ramon (nick name:Fuego), he is so nice, kind and helpull!!! he always brought a very goed service!!! But there also were a couple of ones who were a bit unpolite to the guests and show not interest to do his work.
In our periode of staying was a weekend where more guests were comming. At this point was the service messy and it caused a bit of chaos, but here i blame here the management who didn't arrenge more staff to handle that!! They were not prepare for that situation, and the service went down in those day's. I'm happy we went in a low season; there were very few guests comparing to the capacity of the hotel. I can not imaging if the resort is completly full.... In conclusie: Eventhough the minus punten i loved to be there!!

Room Tip: The junior suite is wonderful!!! But the small suite is also very comfortable for guests without lit...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Alexandra,

I would like to thank you for selecting our Paradisus Palma Real Resort for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience. I truly appreciate your compliments towards Ramon Fuego.

I regret that we did not meet your expectations with the ventilation in some of our areas. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude. We will be attentive to the behavior of our staff so as to avoid situations that lead us away from our goal.

I assure you that your observations were taken with the most importance and forwarded to the respective heads of the departments involved in order to take immediate actions.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and I look forward to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Definetly a must visit. Great service and also the people are so hospitable you feel like family. From when you arrive the staff is attentetive, bilingual , and very helpful. You always feel at home, it is very easy to forget you are on vacation on how smooth things go . The resort also has connections to an excursion called fun Buggies that a must. Not only do you enjoy a tour of the local area , you get a great meal and also learn about the local history.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our staff. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

I look forward to hosting you again in the nearest future at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Paradisus Palma Real is an absolutely beautiful resort with multiple pools, a white-sand beach with beautiful water, and very nice rooms. My husband and I stayed in a one-bedroom suite, and my mother also stayed in a one-bedroom suite with our daughter.

We opted not to upgrade to Royal Service or the Family option before we even arrived because we didn't want to spend the extra money. Turns out if you don't upgrade, you get the one main pool with the swim-up bar and you don't get the waiters on the beach (which turned out to be fine). Because of this, we spent each day at the main pool and were completely taken care of by Ramon Fuego, the bartender. He was absolutely amazing and definitely our favorite staff member. He knew your name and would go completely out of his way to bring you a drink on the other side of the pool, and always had a new non-alcoholic tropical drink for my daughter to enjoy with us. Ramon definitely made our trip that much better. You must try a Fuego shot (Mama Juana) that he pours into your mouth at the bar!

Unfortunately, some of the staff weren't as nice as Ramon. There was one bartender in particular near Naos restaurant that always made us feel like we were inconveniencing him by wanting a drink, and then most of the waiters in Naos seemed to just stand around and it would take a while for them to first come by to bring water, but that wasn't a huge deal. This only seemed to happen at breakfast and lunch.

I will say that everyone working at the restaurants at night was fabulous. We went to Bana (the Asian restaurant), Vento (Mediterranean restaurant), a Dominican buffet at Naos, Market Grill (steak and others), Mizu (Asian restaurant at the Reserve), and Aqua (Mediterranean restaurant at the Reserve). Today is our last day here so I'm not sure where we are heading, but our favorites were definitely Market Grill and the restaurants at the Reserve. Although the Reserve is down the resort, someone will drive you there immediately via golf cart and return after your meal.

The nightlife was also great. We saw a Michael Jackson show and a Cirque show, enjoyed a live band on Jazz night in the lobby bar, went to the Fire beach party at Gabi Beach (though only stayed for about an hour), and then hung out by the ocean with a drink the other nights, listening to the music coming from the other events.

The resort also has free snorkeling and it's the same snorkeling area that most of the paid trips take you to, so that was nice. We were able to snorkel for about 35min at a reef you can see from the beach. Definitely worth trying out, though if you're a beginner, you may want to opt for a snorkeling trip to a calmer area, as the water right at the beach was quite choppy.

The only other negative thing about the resort was that my daughter couldn't go in the kids pool because we didn't upgrade. It's one thing for me, my husband, or my mother to not be able to go in the special pools, but a child? Come on.

Overall, my husband and I, as well as my mother and daughter, had an absolutely fantastic week here at Paradisus Palma Real and I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends. The food is great, Ramon is amazing, and you just can't beat the beautiful beach.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Katie M
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your valuable comments. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you had a pleasant stay us. At Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations.Therefore I assure you that I took a good note of your observations about our personnel.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you in the nearest future.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you get nothing else from reading my review, remember to upgrade to Royal Service. It is by far worth the minimal extra cost. I traveled to Paradisus Palma Real from August 22nd through August 29th with my boyfriend and another couple. We were fully anticipating to have our vacation ruined by Hurricane Isaac but fortunately we were spared. I will try to keep this review as organized as possible as I've found that to be helpful in reading other reviews.

Service:
The quality of service provided under Royal Service was exceptional. Our butler, Tayrone Menor, was so friendly and helpful from the moment he greeted us and showed us around the resort. Anything that we needed was provided very quickly and always with a smile. He was always leaving snacks and surprises in our room which was a nice treat. He absolutely made our trip special. We also experienced wonderful service in most of the restaurants, certainly Palazzo, the Royal Service restaurant but I will get to that in a minute. Our breakfast server, Smerlyn, made a point to learn our names and preferences for the week which added a nice personal touch.

Room:
We had a junior suite on the first floor of the Royal Service area. I would normally be apprehensive about a room on the first floor as I had read that they can be musty but we had no problem. It was clear that it had been recently renovated as many of the nearby rooms were under construction. Sometimes housekeeping didn't come until mid afternoon but we were always at the pool or beach so it didn't bother us at all. We always had our mini fridge refilled and fresh towels available, never a problem there. We were also provided with three bottles of alcohol upon our arrival which was a nice touch.

Grounds:
The resort grounds are impeccable. There is always someone cleaning or painting to keep everything looking nice. Both pools are nice but we preferred the pool in the Royal Service area as there were many kids staying in the other side of the resort and we were looking for a more relaxing vacation. It seemed like mostly families in the main part of the resort and honeymooners on the Royal Service side. We still had a great time but I wouldn't necessarily recommend this place for a friends vacation. Be sure to reserve a palapa by the pool and you will not be sorry. We used this as our home base throughout the day to get out of the sun and read, play cards, or nap. With the constant light breeze off the water, it was always a perfectly comfortable place to rest. The beach was beautiful and also had palapas to relax under. The beach within the resort and the one directly next to it had 24 hour security who would prevent solicitors from approaching guests. However, when we walked past the the security, we were quickly harassed by local vendors trying to convince us to visit their shops. They were very aggressive and would not stop until we were back on the resort beach. As someone who likes to walk along the water, this was disappointing to me but I know that is outside of the control of the resort.

The food overall was pretty good but got a bit repetitive as all inclusives sometimes can. The best restaurant was Palazzo with the second being Gabi Beach. We tried a few of the others but after having one particularly lackluster dinner, we decided to stick to our two favorites. Be sure to get the chocolate lava cake at Palazzo. We certainly had our fair share while we were there. A few of us experienced some minor digestive discomforts but we were never able to pinpoint the cause. It certainly wasn't a deal breaker but I thought it worth mentioning.

Spa
One especially cool amenity included with Royal Service is access to the Yhi Spa. Even without purchasing a spa treatment, we had access to use the facilities at the spa, which we did daily. These included multiple hot tubs, a cold tub, water massage, and a steam room. We thoroughly enjoyed relaxing here especially when a storm was rolling through as we could look out over the pool from the protection of the covered hot tub. We also purchased a couples massage which was wonderful. They took us out to a private hut back away from all of the noise of the resort and once inside, all we could hear was the wind. It was absolutely lovely and worth the extra cost.

Activities:
The resort offers a number of activities and evening shows for guests. We didn't participate in many of the activities because there were lots of kids usually involved and we were looking for a different kind of experience. We did do the free snorkel trip which was arranged through our butler. They didn't tell us this but you must wear a tshirt under your life vest so come prepared. The trip was decent for a free trip but the reef certainly seemed over snorkeled. I would do it again but I wouldn't pay for it. We also went to a few of the shows at night and enjoyed the Michael Jackson show quite a bit. One thing I would recommend is to ask your butler for an activities guide when you first arrive so you can plan to participate in the activities that interest you. One other thing of note is that we tried to do a cocktail making class at The Reserve and were told that we were not allowed to participate so don't waste your time making the trek up there.

Overall we had a great week and enjoyed our stay at Paradisus. I would certainly recommend friends to visit but I don't think that I would return only because I like to see new places. Also, the solicitors on the beach were a bit of a turn off when we traveled so far to see the beach and the beautiful water. This resort is a great value when you consider all of the benefits you get from Royal Service.

Room Tip: We had a garden view junior suite in Royal Service. The only real upgrade would have been ocean view...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank AprilMo
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience in Paradisus Palma Real and in our Royal Service.

I greatly appreciate your comments about our staff and facilities. Rest assured that we going to share your comments with all royal service staff specially with Tayrone. We are working to always give our guests the best service ever, that’s why we appreciate your comments in order to helps us to improve our service constantly.

I regret to hear that you won’t come back, but I assure you that you are always welcome to second home in Paradisus Palma Real.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Paradisus is up there with the best hotels in the Carribean and I am a well travelled person. The resort is beautiful, the food is something that you would quite happily pay a lot of money for in the UK each night and the the entertainment staff are excellent, they enthuse you to get involved but know when you just want to relax, brilliant!! If visiting The Aqua bar, there is one individual that you will never forget, Ramon Fuego, if every bar had a Ramon in it, every day/night would be a party, just excellent!! If you want a resort that is relaxation whilst also being entertained at your own pace this is the place. The rooms are excellent and the room service is regular to ensure your needs are always exceeded, including the fantastic room service food. We would Definately come to this resort again without a question....

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Benjamin,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience. At Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

I feel proud and grateful for your comments regarding to our staff members Ramon Fuego. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you in the nearest future, at this “your home away from home”.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Ramon Fuego is the best bar tender. He keeps the mood going and makes sure you have drinks at all times. He usually bar tends at the pool bar. If you come down here, make sure you ask him for a Fuego shot.

Also Maria Cecilia is the choreographer for the nightly shows that the hotel puts on. Her and her group are amazing performers and dancers.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience.

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had a memorable stay at our hotel thanks to the effort and dedication demonstrated by Ramon and Maria Cecilia.

Once more, thank you for share your impressions and I look forward to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.