“Amazing vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
Ranked #22 of 107 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Amazing vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I just got back yesterday from a 5 nights 6 days stayed at majestic & I already missed it :(. One of the things that made me not give it a 5 start resort is because of the food, it was alright, They can do better. Another thing that I also didn't like was all the loud noises in the morning, the cleaning lady's are very loud while they are going around cleaning rooms. Other than that I had an amazing time.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Sosa8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,439)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This resort is by far the BEST resort me and my fiancé have ever stayed at! The resort is immaculate! The people that work there are the most nicest people we have ever encountered.. Our butler, Francisco is the best and worked hard to make sure we were serviced at all times. We will definitly be going back to this resort

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Vanessanu
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had a great time while visting majestic colonial. Staff is very attentive and friendly. Specifically 2 bartenders Nolberto (not sure his last name) and Arelis Nolveyto. Their bar was in one of the swim up bars pool #2. These two were amazing to be completely honest they were best host on this property.. Food was average nothing special I found it to be pretty greasy but that maybe the dominican way..Night club needs a real DJ!!! Rooms are ok nothing special water stains on top of ceiling, tiles chipped, phone and tv remote were broken... all the cons are easily forgettable because of attention and service given to customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eddie D
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went to majestic colonial.. for me it was a wonderful vacation... The food was great.. the beach was very clean and pretty. Rooms were beautiful. I had a wonderful time over there..... I love the charisma of the people who work there.... I had to mention Mr. Ramon from the restaurant las calaberas ... he was so nice to us.... always trying to do his best. I also want to mention the entertainment staff ... I can say that the hotel would be different without those people...They work very long hours and they always talk to you with the smile...all the ladies were so nice especially Lina and the guy tutifrutty in my opinion is one of the best. He was wonderful to me and my family. We really have a great time in the hotel and we are planning to come back next year.... I definitely recommend the place to all the people who want to have a great vacation!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank alinod19
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at the Majestic Colonial from 7/17/13-7/21/13 for our 10 year wedding anniversary. This resort is grounds and pools are amazing. The staff is unlike any other and they pay close attention to details and the majority of the time you dont have to ask for anything because they know what it is that you need. We stayed in the Colonial Club area (18 yr and older) and I recommend to all that are not bringing children. We stayed in the Colonial club Jr. suite with ocean view rm 3348 was perfect with the ocean view, stocked liquor daily, jacuzzi inside the room as well as the terrace. Upon arrival we had a banner on the outside of the door that read Happy anniversary with fresh fruit and towels folded up like birds and fresh flowers. The club has its own private pools (2) with bali beds and swim up bar as well as private section of the beach with a bar. The majestic will keep you entertained from day activites such as foam parties, bikini contest and into the night with their nightly entertainment and club Disco. If you are looking into just relaxing the beach or poolside will do just that with the Bali beds or covered seating. I would like to extend a special thanks to our Butler Fernum who was awesome and made our 10 yr anniversary special by having a special dessert sent to our room that had happy anniversary written in chocolate sent to our room, as well as rose petals from the door to our outdoor Jacuzzi on our private terrace with a bottle of champagne and the jacuzzi filled with rose petals. Leonardo from VIP services was also wonderful in helping us set up our transprotation and excursions. We will be back again next year!!! I cant wait...

Room Tip: choose the colonial club if not traveling with children. We had room 3348 and we had no neighbors on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KISHA T
North Bay, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Everything about this resort is about relaxation, comfort, service, wonderful staff, etc. What is especially appealing to my wife & myself is the beach, the sea & the soft breezes coming from the ocean. Add to this the superb food & the shear variety & quality offered. Next January will be our third time at this resort & we have booked a room in the Club section. We are anxious to go & experience this new section of the Majestic complex. Can hardly wait to be there.,
Pierre & Colette

Room Tip: Ask to be in the Club Section
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hunkypete
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was seriously the most beautiful, relaxing vacation I have ever been on. From the moment you walk into the hotel, you are taken care of. My sister and I were in the 21+ section of the hotel. Our butler (yes, you get a butler) came to greet us and brought us to the Colonial Club where we got champagne. He gave us a tour of the property and showed us our room.

The room was unbelievably nice. The shower was so great - it had one of those huge shower heads and there was a jacuzzi bathtub in the room! There was also a pillow menu (10 different types of pillows you can order) and a room service menu (included in the price of the hotel).

For the 21+ colonial club members there were 2 pools both with swim up bars. We never had a problem getting a lounge chair and there were even covered cabanas that you could rest in the shade if you like. The beach was just a minute away from the pool and is seriously so beautiful.

What really made this trip were the people working at the hotel. Everyone was seriously so nice and friendly and made sure that you had everything you needed. You didn't need to think or lift a finger the entire time you were there.

One of my only complaints is that there wasn't so much for me to eat because I'm a vegetarian. But it was ok.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the money for the colonial club
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends