My wife and I stayed here November 12-19. Entire stay was fantastic, a very layed back relaxed vacation. Did absolutely nothing. Not one excursion! Just layed on the beach or by the pool everyday, all day, with lots of walks on the beach in between. Staff are very attentive, especially the wait and bartender staff. Room was great we were in room 2250 at the very end of the pool and right next to the beach just far enough away from all of the crowds and noise from the middle of the pool and close to the Steakhouse Restaurant where we ate many of our meals because of the amazing views and great staff. We only did one a la carte, the Gourmet, the food and atmosphere was great.
The nightly entertainment as mentioned in many of the reviews was good but definately not on par with resorts in Mexico but still fun to watch.
Resort, rooms and grounds were very nice over all. The beach was beautiful, you could walk for miles in both directions.
We went off the resort only once, to the Punta Blanca Shopping Center right outside the gates of the resort. If you venture here to shop be prepared to be pressured a lot!! About 80 stores selling exactly the same stuff! We made it into about six stores, bought some stuff from two friendly and funny guys, Marco Polo and Chocolate and headed back to the resort.
Overall a nice place with freindly staff and good food and drink.
Pointer for the whiners and complainers! BRING TIP MONEY and don't be afraid to spread it around and try to remember how good your life is compared to the staff that live and work here. Open your eyes on the bus drive into the resort to get a full understanding of how these people live when they leave the paradise of the resort and head back to reality!
Would definately return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Panoramic view Majestic Colonial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Majestic Colonial Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Colonial Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Resort Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Hotel Punta Cana
- Colonial Majestic Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana Dominican Republic