“EXCELLENT HOTEL AND HOLIDAY”

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Norfok
“EXCELLENT HOTEL AND HOLIDAY”
Reviewed June 19, 2009

We were not supposed to be staying at this hotel as we were originally booked to Mexico but how lucky were we to be transferred. The hotel, accommodation, food and staff were excellent. There are 7 different restaurants to choose from and although sometimes you had to wait for a table it was worth the wait, even 24/7 room service included in hotel costs. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff and combined with the weather we had an excellent holiday. The entertainment team were always on hand with something to do and the nightly entertainment show was good although if there for two weeks as were was repeated the second week but could always visit the Casino on site.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank NorfokTraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,880)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
toronto
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I stayed with my husband for the last week of may. This hotel was the best we ever been. The service, food, activities and entertainment was very good except for the beach was rocky when you get in, plus lots of seaweeds on the beach and inside the water. We used the pool which was big and clean. Rooms need to be refurbished. But overall I would rate this hotel as a 5 star. I would go back again to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bruna123
Arkansas
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Dreams is a very beautiful resort. The staff is amazing. They have it set up where there staff is able to play with the little kids, hang out with the 17-college aged kids, and be able to connect with the older adults all at once. Jay Z was one of the staff members I was around alot. He ate lunch with my mom and I and we found out alot about him. He was very enjoyable, funny, and professional. He is also super cute! :) The resteraunts were all excellent places to go. The staff treated you so good. They dont expect tips but personally that makes me want to give them tips. Their service is great. The spa was also relaxing and very reasonable. It is a good place to take young children, newlyweds, or even a big group of friends for the summer. The entertainment is something I dont think I'll ever forget, which is good. The pool is great. So is the beach. I dont think I have any complaints. I hope to be able to go back soon with all my friends.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Candace09
Colorado
Reviewed June 17, 2009

All I can really say about this all-inclusive resort is WOW!!! The resort is so incredibly beautiful! It's clean, tropical, and friendly! The entire staff was so friendly that you never felt one bit uncomfortable! The entertainers made the trip most enjoyable! I love that their names are Jay Z, TuPac, etc...Jay Z is so great! Him and Shake Spear deserve large raises for the hard work they do. They all do. The work that everyone does there is intense. They start at 9 am or earlier and go until 2 am! Talk about a day! We were so spoiled there. The alcohal is free! You never have an empty cup, whether you had water or a margarita! The food was different, but enjoyable! You are in a different country after all! You do have to remember you are on the Atlantic side, so the water is not crystal clear, but the ocean kayaks and trampoline make the water fun! Did I mention it's all included?!! They put on a show every night with AMAZING dancing! The dance club is so much fun because you get to dance with the entertainers after the shows! Our room was great! Everything is open! So those of you who complain about the bugs, get over it...your basically outside in the hallways! It is wonderful! The rooms have AC for comfortable sleeping and the maid service makes your room in the morning and turns down your bed at night leaving fresh flowers every morning! This place is so amazing I wish I could stay longer! It's always exciting, always happy, and the best vacation I've ever been on!!!

• Stayed June 2009
3 Thank KellyMarie88
Pottstown
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We made the trip to Dreams because our son and daughter in law were married at the resort. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by your extremely friendly staff Francis and Martiriz, then handed a glass of champagne,WOW what a way to start your vacation!
I couldn't possibly remember all the names of the staff, but each and everyone was very friendly. Deyanira Aristy, wedding planner, was delightful and took great care of bride and groom, to Anthony, Shakespear, 2Pak, 50cent and Glenda...all wonderful and made our trip extra special and should be commended. It is evident that the goal is to make everyone feel important and it was acheived for us. We will have fond memories from our trip to Dreams Punta Cana!

McCartin Family

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
shane
Reviewed June 16, 2009

This place was the jam. you can do anything you want...... i even won money playing blackjack while i was there. The preferred club was worth the money and the person that took care of us from the club, Margarita, was especially helpful and nice. Upon arriving to the hotel we were immediately greated by Joel, who took our bags directly to our room while someone else greeted my wife and I with two glasses of champagne and a cool towel to wipe off with. The staff was unbelievably friendly just like this throughout our entire stay. The workers have an uncanny work ethic. They seem to work 16 hour days 7 days a week but still have a smile and great attitude at all times. I loved all of the restaurants, especially the japanese, which we didn't have to wait for because Margarita got us a reservation. The "world cafe" had an outstanding breakfast lunch and dinner. The french place had great food. Room service was awesome, except for the seafood salad thing. the good thing was that i didnt like it so i just ordered something else. the workout facility was even nice and not very crowded. One of the best things there was the spa. with my package we received a good deal on the massage which was well worth it. very relaxing. The entertainers were great in the evening as well. I liked the room as well.

Some bad.... we did have ants in the room. however, the cleaning folks, friendly as well, came at least twice per day and the ants were only in the bathroom.

Some of the drinks tasted funny, like it wasn't the real thing. I ended up drinking a lot of jack daniels and coke. The beer out of the tap at the pool was not cold.

Take bug spray!! The mosquitos got my wfie big time after the rain one evening.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank shaneland
Kansas
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My husband and I were so excited about our trip here. We went with two other couples and we were all disappointed. The resort itself was pretty nice. The only thing that saved the resort was the pool. It's huge and not crowded. The rooms were not very nice, ants all over the table. And our friends found a HUGE COCKROACH in theirs. YUCK!!!! Our safe and remote was broke and our bathtub filled up while taking a shower and took forever to drain. The food was not impressive at all. Most of it was even disgusting. 4 out of the 6 of us couldn't leave our rooms for a day because we had to stay close to the bathroom. Don't bother wasting your time to get into the Japanese Restaurant which took 3 nights of trying and two hours of waiting to get into. Wasn't worth the wait at all. The beach looks pretty, but not nice enough to swim and enjoy. Very disappointed in the beach, especially after going on our Bavaro Splash Snorkeling excursion, which was awesome. Stay there! The beaches are crystal clear. And you can save the trouble of taking a 35 min. bus ride to do excursions. Dreams definately lied about having the best beaches in DR.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends