Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$457
$394
$639
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$667
$506
Bookit.com
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$315
$237
  • Breakfast included
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$610
Travelocity
$277
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$382
TripAdvisor
$378
HotelsClick
12,196 results
All reviewsworld cafecore zonepreferred clubentertainment teamseaside grillbenjamin franklinoceana restaurantbarracuda barexplorers clubel patiocoffee boyswim up barhoneymoon suitecoco cafewedding coordinatordominican republicadjoining rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I recently went to dreams resort in punta cana . Good food and lunch time by pool and beach burgers , dogs , chicken on grill was great everyday . Only complaint bout guests was lack of tipping mainly at bar . Bartenders went slow and less on alcohol if you didnt tip . Tip or not a sweet bartender/cocktail waitress named Yaneleys was great and very accomodating during my stay . But everyone tip these workers at dreams

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank dogdees
Gary U, eConcierge at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

We are glad to know you had a wonderful time during your visit. It was a pleasure hosting you and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience.

Our mission is to provide our guests with the exceptional service they deserve to make them feel welcome and special at all times.

Thank you for choosing Dreams Punta Cana Resort & SPA as your vacation destination.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I with another couple decided to check out Dreams Resort in Punta Cana after some positive recommendations. Our first impressions were a bit dampered by the fact that we were asked to change resorts as soon as we arrived due to overbooking too many weddings. The hotel management team gave us some lame excuse that there were some unforseen maintenance issues and we could not stay. We arrived to the resort at noon and 3hrs later, hungry, thirsty, and angry, my husband spoke to the hotel manager and was able to get us to stay. We were even upgraded to the honeymoon suites.

The remainder of our vacation was good. The pool wraps around the entire hotel and never felt crowded. The staff are very friendly, and the food at the resturants were decent. We had 24hr room service which we loved and took full advantage of.
Our minibar fridge was never refilled, even after our room was cleaned. Not sure how well they clean the rooms because my husband came home with a very bad contact dermatitis rash on his legs from using the hot tub outside. This needed to be treated with oral steroids, an antibiotic, and topical ointment, and unfort has left him scars.

Overall, if your looking for a pretty decent vacation and not looking to spend alot of money, come check out Dreams. Just be sure to stay out of any Hot Tubs!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Gary U, eConcierge at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We appreciate the time you have taken to let us know how your vacation time went. It was a pleasure hosting you. We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy of a pleasant stay in spite of any inconvenience encountered during your visit, for which we would like to extend our most sincere apologies.

However, we've found ourselves quite concerned about the situation you describe in your input and would love to hear more from you. We invite you to please contact us at the email address below for more personal assistance. Your safety and satisfaction is top priority to us.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Remaining at your service,

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I am glad to have this opportunity to write a review for the excellent service at Dreams Punta Cana Dominican Republic. From the moment that we stepped onto the property we were greeted warmly...like family.

I have traveled around the world and safety, courtesy, and professionalism are extremely important to me and my family. You will find this and more at Dreams Punta Cana. I noticed right away that we never found ourselves searching to be taken care of...there are subtle touches that seem small but made a very big difference in our stay...when we left our rooms, they were immediately and thoroughly cleaned.

Other touches that we loved were the fruit stand with freshly cut pineapple, banana, melon and papaya made to order on skewers along the path. A quick refresher that cooled us down. My children are 10 and 16 and we enjoyed the ability to find places to hang out at the beach, by the pool in the main lobby, or at the sports area.

Each time we pass one of the staff we are greeted with "Hola!" Every person that we've encountered has given us full attention and service.

If you stay here consider purchasing the Preferred Club status. It's absolutely worth it. I am actually writing this review from the Club Lounge. It's beautiful, cool, comfortable with a private bar and plentiful snacks that are served throughout the day. The concierge staff here is lovely and professional. You will receive Wifi with your upgrade and access to the beautiful cabanas on the private beach, and access to Oceania Restaurant.

We don't use the Explorers Club for children but it looks really well run and expertly staffed by people who seem to know how to truly care for children. The kids are smiling and laughing whenever I pass the camp...I'm sure this is a big relief for parents.

Weddings are plenty...my daughter and I enjoyed looking at sweet couples. I can honestly say that the staff cares a lot about the property and the guests.

The All-Inclusive package is an excellent value...you will be well care for, and you will hear this phrase a great deal during your stay "It's a pleasure!"

Room Tip: Make sure to tell your travel agent or the check in agent, exactly what kind of room you are looking for during your stay. If you are here for fun and noise from disco is not an issue chose building 9. You'll be centrally located. Ask for 6 or 7 for quiet rooms...or if you have children who nap or need quiet at night. Preferred Club is a must!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank MonicaLTravels
Gary U, eConcierge at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your Dreams experience.

It was a pleasure to have you. It makes us very happy to hear that you were fully satisfied with the services offered by our staff. Our mission is to provide our valued guests with the exceptional attentions they deserve to make them feel pampered and special at all times.

We appreciate your feedback as it serves as our motivation for our team. We are glad to know about the different aspects you enjoyed from our resort and we thank you for taking for the time to let other people know about them.

Thank you for choosing Dreams Punta Cana Resort & SPA. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed here December 2013

Flight: Thompson's - excellent flight, staff were super friendly and attentive, we were well fed throughout the flight. We got checked in and through to departures in next to no time. There was also plenty of leg room on the flight and everyone had private screens to play around with.

Transfers - The transfer's there and back were not that long. We were the last hotel drop off but we were on the coach for around 30 mins maybe a tad longer but nothing terrible. It was the same on the way back. The coach operator was lovely and friendly too and even gave us some fun island facts.

Check In - The foyer was really lovely nice and open with high ceilings and a lovely cool and friendly atmosphere we were booked into our room straight away. I couldn't have asked for a better service here.

Room - We arrived to the room it was nice and clean and there was some lovely fresh fruit on arrival and the choice to order a bottle of champagne which was lovely. The room itself was really nice. We had a view of the garden but to be honest we didn't really spend much time in the room we never do. The bed wow the bed was a proper super-king memory foam mattress with comfy pillows. Its a rarity you find a nice bed when abroad but this was perfect so no complaints there. The bathroom was lovely and so was the rest of the room. The air con was adjustable and there was a nice ceiling fan too, there was a telly with a selection of channels and the alarm clock had an iPod doc so you can have a nice dance whilst getting ready for the night :D Also the rooms where cleaned daily should you want that. The maids would also make your room up in the day and at the night come in and make your bed up and pop some water on your side table which i thought was so lovely and something you really don't think of.

Grounds: There are plenty of pool loungers both by the pool and on the beach so you will always find some where to sit and there is a no reservations of beds before 9.00 policy. The pools were just lovely the temp was perfect and the swim up bar was the best a nice slushi in the pool whilst cooling off from the heat i don't think it could get much better (i'm from the North on England where the sun is never out and the rain is not too far away) The beach was lovely you could go for a nice walk along it or just chill out sunbathing, they also have a lovely grill on the beach should you want a burger and the bar is not far from the grill so even better. The grounds and pools where always clean and you really couldn't say anything bad about them.

Food: They had the main buffet where you could get breakfast, lunch and dinner. The breakfast was really lovely i had something different every time i went whether it was granola with fruit and yogurt or pancakes with bacon and syrup. I am a big breakfast person and love nothing more than tucking into it, so this was perfect for me. Dinner you had some great options you could get some freshly cooked steak or fish with plenty of salad and veg options but there is lovely chips and pizza and burger option should you want to really feast :D there was something different here every time so great. I loved the kids section in this restaurant the desserts were more to my taste i.e. rice crispy cakes YUM!!! and biscuits. The tea here was again really lovely and i really enjoyed the Mexican station. What i loved about this place was their Al La Carte restaurants, when there is just 2 of you the buffet can be over and done with in 30 mins so at the restaurants we could get a wonderful 3 course meal. My favorites was the Grill the steak was to die for and the Asian what amazing food that was!! There is a lovely selection of cakes and pastries and doughnuts in the coffee bar near the buffet, its really nice to have some afternoon tea and a cake I can think of nothing better :D The bars were also amazing I drank mainly champagne the entire time and my partner he loves rum and the selection was amazing he was a very happy bunny indeed. There is also lots of beers and slushies and cocktails so you will find something you like :D

Staff: Where amazing, so friendly and welcoming always smiling and made you want to go get another drink hehe The wait staff were amazing, if my plate was empty it was gone if my water was dwindling it was filled. The maids were awesome as well turning my jammies into lovely decorations was a favorite of mine :D The staff were just perfect and I cant thank them enough for being so amazing!!!

Entertainment: There was lots of things to do here but its not really mine or my partners scene but if you love shows and tequila tasting and Spanish lessons or yoga or sports on the beach then you will love this.

The Extras: We went around Christmas time and flew back to England on Christmas day. The decorations were amazing even though it was warm the twinkling Christmas lights really made me feel at home. They had a lovely truffle bar there one evening, now I don't know if this was a Christmas thing or not but it was amazing, i stuffed chocolate into my mug all night :D On Christmas eve we went to the Grill for a meal and we were so surprised they put a special menu on and we got lobster the first time i tried it yum!!!

The Overall: This hotel really goes out of its way to make sure you have a wonderful holiday and it really is the lovely little extras and the staff that make this place wonderful well and the food too and the champagne ohhh and the bed clearly I can carry on my list of loves here!!!!!!!!

We didn't pay extra for the club by the way and still had an amazing time.

I would recommend this resort to anyone and if you find fault your clearly too fussy a person and need to chillax a tad!!!!!!!!!

Well hope that sums everything up nicely!!

Room Tip: Screw the room get a nice sun lounger with a parasol near the bar that's more helpful :D Oh the parasol beds go a lot quicker so you have to be speedy for those :D
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank flutter100
Gary U, eConcierge at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your Dreams experience.

It makes us very happy to know you had an amazing time during your last visit to our resort. We are glad you enjoyed every aspect of the property, from the room you stayed in, to he beauty of our grounds as well as our delicious food, but most importantly, the exceptional service delivered by our staff.

We are fully committed to offering our valued guests the best in services, and we really appreciate your feedback, which serves as motivation for our team.

It was a pleasure hosting you. We look forward to seeing again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We planned our destination wedding at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa with help from our incredible Wedding Coordinator Daniela. Aside from seeing the smile on my wife's face and knowing that it was everything she wanted and more, I knew it was perfect because of the feedback we received from our 50 guests. We had friends who have had destination weddings in other countries and came to us expressing how beautiful, organized, and perfect the ceremony and reception were. They also mentioned how they loved the fact that our wedding coordinator (Daniela) was there the entire time making sure that everything was going as planned.

Another great part was the assistance we received from our trip planner (Yadira Jay Gonzalez from Liberty Travel on 8th Street in New York City. She set everything up for us and made sure that all of our guests had their rooms and transportation to and from the hotel on hand and ready. We spoke several times a week and made sure that everything was going according to plan.

The staff at the resort was also great. There are a few that stood out to me because they assisted us without interest. They were genuine, helpful, and always ready to assist. They were also attentive to requests and would remind me of something I asked for when they would see me the next time we met. Some of them are; Wilkins Felix (Waiting staff at Buffet & Seaside Grill), Thank you very much Wilkins, he took care of my entire family. Edwin (refrigerator/minibar re-stocker), although I do not drink, he would always ask if I needed anything in our fridge. Humberto (I believe he was a head waiter or guest greeter), He knew the size of my family and friends and always found a way to accommodate us. Alejandro (Waiter at Buffet) very attentive to my requests for certain foods, this man makes sure that your guests are happy and was not trying to get anything out of us. Pastola (our housekeeper) always had a smile on her face. She was very nice to my children and did not try to do the minimum in our rooms. I'm glad she was taking care of most of our rooms.

And once again, the two that made this possible, Daniela from Dreams Punta Cana and Yadira from Liberty Travel on 8th Street in NYC. Thank you Both for making our stay and wedding day a special one. Love Jerry & Gloria

Room Tip: I didn't care to pay the extra fee for the swim up room but many of my guests raved about it. I guess I'm not much of a water lover since I went in the pool once the entire week I was there (let me add that the pool is incredibly big and beautiful), but everyone had a blast. They were all in the pool on Saturday and most of them were showing off the fact that they walked right out of their rooms into the pool. My kids enjoyed their double room, Most of my guests had the King Size bed option, I liked those rooms a lot. My honeymoon suite was the best. We are definitely going back.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jerry R

Dear guest,

Greetings from Dreams Punta Cana Resort & SPA.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share this wonderful experience. Thank you for choosing our resort as your wedding destination and expressing your gratitude towards Daniela and the rest of the team.

We are pleased to know that everything went just as perfect as planned, and you had a remarkable wedding day. It was a pleasure hosting you and being part of one of the most important moments of your life. We are glad to know we made it extra special with the exceptional service delivered by our staff.

As a service oriented company, our goal is to meet and exceed our guests' expectations by taking utmost care of them during their entire stay and going beyond their needs.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Best Regards,