I went here recently with some girl friends to celebrate my 40th birthday. We went as part of a West Jet Vacation. I must write that West Jet includes your Travel Tourist Visa (10 dollars) as part of your package and we were given it on board and skipped a huge line up at the airport. That was great. We were very impressed with the resort. It was very clean and we were greeted with Champagne and a birthday cake in each of our rooms! That was a nice welcome. The pool is fabulous and the floating yellow mats were a blast. I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff- very kind and welcoming. The beach was the best part. Amazing. We had a lot of wave action but we loved walking it and jumping in the waves. I much prefer this to perfectly calm water. We never had issues with rocks either. The water was VERY warm. There was a big race for chairs around the pool but never on the beach.
We had premium packages and I would highly recommend you upgrade. The VIP area is pretty nice and we loved going in for drinks (we thought they were better) and snacks throughout the day. The best part of premium is definitely the breakfast at Oceania though. Lovely ocean breezes and you can avoid the expansive buffet at the other end of the resort. We ate there at night as well. It was good. The Italian was good too- but our waiter was quite slow and didn't speak english. No problem. We were on Island time. We didn't take it too seriously.
My only complaint might be the rooms. They are small. Not a huge issue, but also they were very musty smelling. We were on the ground floor in building 2. We faced the gardens. If I had known, I would get a swim out room next time. I am not sure they would eliminate the musty smell though. When arriving home our clothing smelled terrible. Like your grandmother's cottage! We did not spend time in our room, so this was not a huge upset for us. Had we stayed for a week, I would have definitely asked to be moved.
The only other thing I did see was a questionable 'pool side game' where guests and the staff people leading the games were playing this dangerous drinking game. They would dive into the pool (3 feet people) and then down a beer or two. It seemed really stupid to me, especially since there were kids around. One of the patrons was pretty drunk and we were waiting for him to crack his head open. Other then that, the vibe was really awesome. We loved the service on the beach and everyone was wonderful. I don't think you can go wrong with this hotel. We were pretty impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic