My #1 tip would be to get a room on the second or third floor. The first floor traffic levels are very high and noisy. (I'm guilty of contributing)
Despite a mention in the daily newsletter about not reserving chairs, chairs are absolutely being reserved by people not actively using them. Since the resort clearly has no desire to enforce this, nor many guests to abide by it, they need to provide more chairs. This was probably the only thing I was truly annoyed by at the resort.
Food. The buffet is equivalent to a mid-priced Las Vegas casino buffet, but with more options. Not spectacular, but not bad.
Expect portions at the a la carte restaurants that will keep you at a healthy weight. (If you need more food, order multiple items. They don't mind.)
The best a la carte restaurant was Italian followed by the Japanese. For some reason, it must be the location, both of these restaurants were not particularly busy while others had waits.
My best employee moment was the sushi chef who genuinely seemed to enjoy his work. I was almost full one night and ordered a roll (so good), and the chef delivered it to my table and it was almost a triple sized portion with colorful soy sauce plating artwork. I also gave a nice tip to the waiter who hardly spoke any English in the Italian restaurant, but did his best to over achieve.
They loooove to serve rum, but I couldn't handle one more fruity sweet drink. Gin martinis became my drink of choice by day 5. Word of warning, come armed with a list of simple but varied drinks. For fun, say 'doble alcohol' when ordering.
The spa gets a thumbs up. (Find the $40 off coupons)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic