“Very Worthwhile Trip”

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Let me open by saying that you have to regard Dreams P.C. as two resorts in one. There’s the regular and the Club Preferred. I strongly suspect that most of the negative reviews that one sees here in tripadvisor are not Club Preferred guests. Compared to other Dreams, the price difference is not that great and I strongly suggest considering the upgrade. I also strongly recommend that all future reviewers state which one they chose otherwise the reviews really won’t make sense. Altogether, I give Dreams P.C. four stars but if you stay in Club Preferred, four and a half. If you stay at either level, you still have choices of being in a suite with a balcony Jacuzzi or a regular room. The Club regular rooms are just a little larger. But you also get your own check-in/out area, your own concierge to address any problems promptly, a private lounge and bar with canapés (which we always used to our advantage between the afternoon pool/beach and getting ready for dinner).

We are repeat guests at another Dreams: Dreams Puerto Vallarta (more about that later!) where we have now been to annually for the last five years. Our love of that resort helped us to choose this Dreams over others in Punta Cana or La Romana.

Pros:

Phenomenal pool. Amazing mature grounds and gardens. Lovely beach. This is not a “shake and bake” resort where guests are plonked on to a sun-washed pool deck or beach encouraging them to age their skin or develop skin cancer; there is lots of shade and filtered sun through overhanging palms available for those seeking it.

Room A/C is the best; works perfectly and quietly but no draft. Bed very comfortable and a variety of pillows; excellent sleeps.

Extra beach area with lounge beds for Preferred Club guests is a wonderful touch.

When we were there (Dec 11 through 18), the housecount was only about 69% so there were always lots of lounges available at the beach or pool and we never had to wait for a table at an 8:00 p.m. dinner. That will change dramatically to 100% occupancy at Christmas and other times, something I would personally find uncomfortable.

Food and service. Generally, it’s good, sometimes very good but only rarely terrific. This is where Dreams P.C. loses a star. (Not nearly as good as Dreams Puerto Vallarta.) We almost always went to the buffet for breakfast which is good but not as good as the breakfast buffet at Dreams P.V. For example, there are no plates of fish and we really like the smoked salmon we get in P.V. Also, for example, there are never any mushrooms so you can’t order a mushroom omelette. The buffet area really needs to crank up its A/C; always warm and humid. As for the à-la-carte restaurants, the weakest is Oceana and the strongest is Portofino. We didn’t try the Asian one.

Oceana is weak because it’s supposed to be a fish restaurant but the menu of fish dishes is rather scanty and they don’t have a feel for cooking fish so it’s usually overcooked. The main fish you’ll find in any of the restaurants is grouper but never salmon, tilapia, trout nor tuna. Sometimes, mahi-mahi.

Wait-staff: If you get a good waiter who gives you personal attention, try to hold on to him or her. The main problem, especially in the buffet, is that you get waited on by everyone and anyone (occasionally no one) and they don’t always communicate with each other. You might order tea in a teapot (the magic words are “en tetera”) and you could wait for it for ten minutes and have to remind them a few times or you may get it in a teapot as well as in a cup. And asking for milk in a little pitcher gets you nothing but confused looks. They only once offered to bring us orange juice when we first sat down. (We weren’t craving the juices anyway; both the orange and pineapple juices tasted a little watered-down.) I’m not blaming the staff. It’s just a matter of their being better structured and organized by upper management. This is not the time for a lecture from management but, rather, a look in the mirror by management. It’s further hard to blame the staff because so many guests never tip and until some of them get to know that you’ll reward good service, they are probably discouraged.

Another con: Dreams is fairly far from the airport and the town so taxis can be quite expensive. Plan your excursions carefully.

And THE Major Con, which I believe is fairly common throughout the D.R.: The stairways have no handrails. I'm talking about all the stairwells including the ones you have to use all the time if your room is on the second or third floor. It’s probably not in the “code” to require handrails but, for someone like myself who has dodgy knees and not the footing of a 20-year-old, they’re almost a must. Furthermore, all the stairwells have tile floors and are open to the elements making them slippery and dangerous when it rains. They don’t seem to be big on handrails here. One set of exit steps from the pool (close to bridge beside the cascade) obviously had had a handrail in the past but now only patched cement. Foreign country or not, code or not, the whole handrail issue is unsafe and needs to get some money thrown at it before there’s an accident and a law suit.

If you’re looking for the gym, there are no signs. You must enter through the doors to the Spa and go upstairs. These stairs too could use a handrail especially since there is a long stretch without a landing; a misstep would result in quite a tumble. The gym itself is quite complete with a wide variety of equipment in excellent condition but, my good intentions notwithstanding, I didn’t actually use it. When I dropped in, it was staffed by a very impressive Übermensch whose name I didn’t catch but, next to him, Mr. Clean looks like a girl!

Another minor con: there are remarkably few washrooms at the beach or the pool considering the amount of real estate. The beach w/c is at the bar and the pool w/c is at the sports centre (look for the ping-pong table or signs about SCUBA.) Thoughts of a Parisian pissoire… well let’s just say it wouldn’t surprise me if many guests let loose while using one of the many semi-enclosed open-air shower stalls, or in the ocean, or — no-no-no not in the pool!

Wi-fi. Included in the Preferred Club upgrade but chargeable for standard guests. Before you go shelling out a lot of bucks, you might want to do some thorough tests. I found the service to be spotty except in the main buffet — otherwise the signal strength fading in and out.

Both good and bad: This is a large resort. On the plus side is the impressive scale of the grounds, pool and beach. And on the minus side, it loses that personal touch. Staff come into contact with so many guests that most of them won’t remember you from one day to the next.

Other comments: Well you ARE in a foreign country and you mustn’t expect things to be like they are “at home”. Yes, the glass half-walls on the bathtubs are a little peculiar but it IS a hand-held shower in the European manner. If you’re careful, you won’t splash too much; the easiest way to deal with that is to put a folded-in-half beach towel on the floor beside the tub. There are occasional insects in the room but mostly we saw only something that might have flown in or minute ants. They do fumigate the rooms routinely and the chambermaids spray regularly if they see any problem. Yes, we did hear a tale of a large tarantula in one of the ground-floor hallways but, after all the guests came out of their rooms to see it and the yelling and screaming was over, the staff scooped it up in a dustpan and took it to the wooded area at the edge of the grounds.

Back to food, we usually have a late breakfast and, later, for a light lunch, grab a hot dog at the Barefoot Grill at the beach or the barbeque beside the bar next to the sports centre at the pool. A perfectly serviceable little repast! And supplemented in the late afternoon with canapés at the Preferred Club lounge.

It’s dinner when we have high standards and at the risk of being entirely too detailed, here’s a run-down on our dinners for the week.

Wednesday we’d just arrived and weren’t going to be too choosy so we went to the closest restaurant. The restaurant complex near the beach and beside the Club Preferred lounge, houses three à-la-carte restaurants: the Seaside Grill, Oceana and, upstairs, the French restaurant, Bordeaux. So we went to Seaside; we both had the 8-oz. tenderloin which was a really good cut of meat cooked on an open grill; it could have used a hint of seasoning; I had the béarnaise sauce which was quite good. Veggies were simple but a small serving. We had to ask for bread which was cold; and again for butter. For dessert, the waiter told us he had key lime pie which was not on the menu and which I really like, so I ordered it. When dessert arrived, it was a small slice of New York-style cheesecake which was dry and tasteless. The waiter claimed he didn’t hear me properly but I decided not to pursue it. But that cheesecake followed me around like a bad penny on three separate dinners; I’d order something or other and get the cheesecake substituted.

Personally, I just like some fresh fruit, perhaps with a simple light cake for dessert, (as long as I don’t have to prepare it myself!) but no menu ever offered anything like that. All the desserts in all the restaurants seem to be a sort of afterthought of the catering manager and all of them were second-rate. But you can always fall back on the little fruit tarts they have in the Club Preferred Lounge.

Thursday, night 2: Oceana: We both had the Deconstructed Salmon & Scallop Wellington. Disappointing.

Night 3: Back to Seaside Grill. Again no bread. Staff moody and busy. Caesar salad (or was it arugula?) but no offer of fresh pepper. Seated in corner. Ed's corn soup “inoffensive”. I had the tenderloin again which really needed seasoning during cooking. The red-wine sauce gets only a 2 out of 10. Ed had chicken with bacon. Chicken was good but the details weren’t. The rice was room temperature and the veggies only so-so. The strudel for dessert was generic; the brownie was dry and not worth the calories. During the meal a local V.I.P. party of ten arrived and the captain relaxed a little after that.

Night 4: Portofino. I had an odd hankering for a Negroni cocktail which the staff had difficulty concocting but when it arrived, it was good. Nice, authentic presentation of bread with oil and vinegar. I had a Caesar salad which was better than the ones in Seaside Grill. I’d ordered the gamberetti with more shrimp and less risotto. To die for!! The best thing I ate all week. Flavours beautifully balanced; I couldn’t do better myself. Ed’s tenderloin was first rate. Dessert: my casseta was basically fancy ice cream; Ed’s tiramisu gets a 6 out of 10.

Night 5: Bordeaux: The lighting was so dim, I had to use the assistive light on my phone to read the menu. The menu was in French but our waiter’s native tongue was Spanish with fairly good English. I didn’t know what language to use to order the food. :-/ Appetizers: the quiche was okay but I’ve had better from my supermarket; Ed’s saumon tasted like it came from a can. Main: my Stroganoff gets a 7½ out of 10. One of many recipes for this in the world but I prefer mine with sour cream and lavish with nutmeg. The porc jarret gets a 7 out of 10. Dessert: My chocolate dessert was oddly like the chocolate brownie they serve in the attached Seaside Grill only heated and dressed up. Gee, I wonder. Bordeaux does not live up to its hype. Service very good, though.

Night 6: Back at Oceana. Service from Pablo was excellent. I had the blackened mahi-mahi. If you’re on a lo-carb diet, this is a dish for you. Hardly any accompaniment. I would have given the fish an 8 but it was very overcooked so only a 6. Ed had beef tenderloin again (well, at least it’s dependable and tasty!); an 8. Dessert: so-so. But a pleasant evening and Ed thought it was his best meal, all things considered.

Night 7: Back at Portofino. Service is consistently very good. I had the same as night 4. High marks for consistency in cooking too. Plus I had a small lasagna serving; very good; no President’s Choice frozen thing this! Hearty and yummy. Ed had calabrese salad without cheese: guess what: just tomatoes but as good as our own home-grown! The grouper was supposed to be served on spinach but it was something else — the standard veggie mix? It would have been an 8 but it didn’t match the menu and the fish was a bit salty so it loses a point.

Finally, the wine throughout the week: If you want to pay extra, there’s a fairly good wine cellar run by sommelier Hamlet but we never had any reason to get fancy. The vinos blancos y tintos a la casa were perfectly adequate; both were from Spain.

All-in-all, despite my laying a few complaints on the line, it was a very enjoyable week. The weather at this time of year defies accurate forecasts with some days having, at different hours, clear skies, clouds and even light or heavy showers. It’s not a bad idea to pack an umbrella. But there was sun at least 75% of the daytime. The moon and the stars at the beach were awesome.

I would go back to Dreams P.C. and I would recommend it to many others depending on their whims. Partly because I think it’s good value; it cost less than a week in Dreams Puerto Vallarta. I simply don’t understand the negative reviews; others on my flight whom I met were not in the Preferred Club but were still perfectly happy. I’m sorry that some reviewers here on tripadvisor had a poor experience at Dreams but I suspect they are the type to have many bad experiences in life.

I took the opportunity to personally meet Hector who has replied to many of these reviews so, if he hasn’t fallen asleep reading this one, “¡Hola, Hector!” He is a very pleasant young man who has a gift for saying the right thing.

Finally, a shout-out “Thank you” to the staff who made Dreams P.C. a special place for us. I’ll name only a few since I’m not good with names but they made us feel “looked after” which is what everyone wants on a vacation. Carolina in the Preferred Club lounge: I phoned two days before we arrived to make sure all the details about our room preferences were known. After being transferred five times, I finally spoke with Carolina who got everything arranged perfectly. She met us personally upon our arrival. Adrian in the Preferred Club lounge bar — sort of the strong, quiet, infinitely polite type — a pro. The cheerful ladies who ferry drinks with a smile at the pool. The hostesses at the buffet. The waiters who take the time to give personal attention in most of the à-la-cartes. The chicos who stocked the mini-bar in the room. And finally, Paula from housekeeping who made sure our room was always spotless and shipshape and who is a mistress of towel sculptures!

Off topic #1: We booked through Sunwing. The flight was done well with adequate food, a little free wine or champers, good seating and some creature comforts. The planes were 737-800’s. Smooth and not noisy. It lacked the nicety of individual viewing screens but the films weren’t very interesting anyway. It was all the stuff around the flights that was really bad. We couldn’t do an electronic check-in until 4 hours before the flight; not the kind of extra last-minute detail I need when I’m getting up and dressed for the limo to the airport! At Toronto airport the flight was a civilized 10-am-ish but the line-ups at the check-in counter (despite having checked in electronically at home) and at airport security were about 30-40 minutes each leaving us very little time for breakfast in the V.I.P. lounge (a very worthwhile option, IMHO). We were told at check-in that we HAD to be at the gate at 9 a.m. which is absurd especially since we didn’t get through the line-ups until 9:15.

When we arrived in P.C., after going through multiple queues for tax fees, immigration, this and that, there was considerable confusion finding the proper shuttle to take us to our hotel — schlepping around a huge, hot parking lot with our luggage. Then, en route, the guide in the bus told us (verbally and in writing) that we would have our briefing by the local rep at 3:15 the following day… whi-i-i-i-ch, it turns out, was the rep’s day off. So several of us showed up the next day and completely wasted our time, waiting for an hour with nobody even to ask. Lack of co-ordination and communication, I’d say.

But then, returning home from P.C., Sunwing, in its (lack of) wisdom, had flights to both Toronto and Montreal leaving at similar times, splitting the slim check-in staff in half and making the wait in line over 90 minutes. Open-air airport in P.C.: warm and humid. And then a fair hike across the tarmac to get to the plane stairs (which DID have a handrail!) And the check-in staff in both airports seem to have a hard time knowing that Rick (on the ticket) and Richard (on my passport) are perfectly valid aliases. Good thing I don’t go by Dick! Poor show, Sunwing. At least you’re better than Air Tr@|\|s@t — but who isn’t.

Off topic #2: Canada Customs and Immigration coming home was a breeze! So efficient now with electronics doing a lot of the work. Good work, guys!! Of course, then we all had to wait 30 minutes for the luggage to get to the carousel.

Off topic #3: Dreams Puerto Vallarta. I heard the very disappointing news while in P.C. that Dreams Puerto Vallarta may have only one more year to go as we know it. Come February or March, this will be our sixth annual visit to Dreams P.V. I can’t quite get the straight goods on this whether it has been bought out by Hyatt or just under their management but, for now, it seems to be status quo until April, 2014. After that, who knows? If AM resorts has disposed of this property then shame on them. It will influence any future decision I may have to stay at any AM-resort in the future. If Dreams P.V. loses certain key staff (José, Lenny, David and others) it will become a shot in the dark after this season.

Room Tip: Club Preferred upgrade recommended. I'm glad we phone a few days in advance to verify they rece...
18  Thank Rick_and_Ed
Hector T, eConcierge at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear guest,

Every once in a while I have the opportunity of reading an "out of the ordinary" comment, and this was one of them. It was a good read,with very objective and thorough points on what we are doing good, what we are doing better, and what we need to improve.

It was my pleasure to have met you and to have receive beforehand the areas of improvement.

They have already been addressed with the corresponding personnel and now reinforced with this review.

Thank you very much for the time you took to inform us and future travelers about your stay and we hope you grant us the opportunity of hosting you once again in a near future.

If you ever need any additional assistance from us, just let us know.

Always at your services and wishing you a Happy New Year,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We travelled with our two adult children to Dreams Punta Cana for a stay from December 7 – 15. This was our first stay in the Dominican, and we loved it! We have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts in the 4.5 to 5+ star range in Mexico. With this resort being in a moderate price range and rated four stars, we were much more than satisfied.
We must say that the staff contributed hugely to making our vacation fabulous and memorable. Almost everyone was friendly and seemed to want to make our experiences topnotch. Restaurant and beach service were commendable. We need to mention the following people who were particularly wonderful to us: Gregory Fleming (World Café and Bordeaux), Francis Peña (World Café and Bordeaux), Randy Jimenez (World Café and Seaside Grill), Wendy (hostess at Bordeaux), Ambar (All World Café), Joel (All World Café), Edry (Himitsu), Alberto (Seaside Grill). Not only did they make our dining experiences exceptional, they made us feel like family.
We booked standard deluxe rooms and requested the top floor. We were given rooms in Building 3 with a pool view and were very happy with the location. The modest rooms were clean and comfortable. We asked for two spent light bulbs to be replaced and a safe to be fixed when we were first settling, and the issues were taken care of promptly. There were a few very small fly-like creatures that crawled on the bathroom counter and on the refreshment counter some days. However, they were harmless and no cause for alarm. Considering this is not an urban location, we were surprised that there weren`t more creatures. (The resort does fumigate the grounds regularly, and our room was done once during our stay.)
We were impressed with the food at Dreams Punta Cana. We had breakfast in the World Café each morning. The buffet selection was excellent, and the staff were welcoming and attentive to making sure we had beverages. We went only to á la carte restaurants for our evening meals. The Bordeaux and the Seaside Grill were our favourites. However, the Himitsu (both the á la carte and hibachi) and Oceana were very good also. We found the Portofino to be just fair. The CoCo Café, under the stairs in the main building, is an excellent spot to get quick, hot cappuccinos.
The size of the resort was to our liking -- not too small, not too big. The grounds are beautifully maintained, and there is a tasteful inclusion of birds (flamingos, ducks, peacocks).
We are beach people. The beach area was spacious, and we didn`t have a problem finding lounges. The sand is brown and pleasantly powdery. As there are no resorts on either side for some distance, walking along the beach was quite enjoyable. We did bring snorkelling equipment, but the ocean was rough and visibility poor. There was a moderate sized swimming area roped off that had a mostly sandy bottom and was safe from currents. Outside this area, there were rocks and currents to avoid. The wind blew more strongly on a couple of days, and we felt a bit cool on the beach. So, we moved into the pool area and had a warm, pleasant time there.
There is lots to do on the resort if you are looking for activities. We particularly enjoyed the tennis, and some of our group joined into volleyball games. Our evening entertainment favourites at the theatre were the Magic and Circus shows.
Be a bit cautious with the vendors who set up on the resort a few times a week. Like many people who barter elsewhere, we encountered some who were quite slick and not entirely honest with us. We found that they started out about five to six times higher than what they were willing to take. (We are actually okay with paying more to hard-working people to support their livelihood but not if they are being deceptive.) Many similar products can be found in the resort gift shop. The gift shop items seem to be reasonably priced and will give you a general idea about what you should be paying.
We booked a zip-line excursion with Hola tours via our WestJet rep at the resort. Great outing!! The two older people in our group had never zip-lined before and were a little nervous about signing up initially. However, it was professionally run, safe and fun. Transportation was in an open-sided bus, and Manuel was an excellent guide. We saw towns and the countryside and got lots of interesting information.
Dreams Punta Cana was an excellent vacation choice, and we will definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hector T, eConcierge at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear guest,

It fills us with complete joy and satisfaction to read that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations, and that our staff assisted you in making pleasant memories of your stay.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am sure future travelers will enjoy reading about what a great time you had with us.

Should you ever decide on coming back to us, do not hesitate on contacting us.

We would be honored to receive you once again in a near future.

If you ever need any additional assistance, do not hesitate on contacting us.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The first thing I look for when I go to tripadvisor is other travelers experience. To be honest I'm so surprised by some of the little things people will complain about. We returned from dreams Punta Cana resort and spa on the 17th of December and were quite impressed with this resort. Sure there on things anywhere you go that may not be the best but a crack in a tile, the food was bland, the water was not clear.... Really??? We have traveled extensively and found this beautiful resort and it's people nothing but friendly and helpful. The pool is the crown jewel of this resort. It literally goes on and on. The ocean was as beautiful as it was majestic. We ate at all the restaurants except the Japanese and found them all wonderful. The French restaurant requires the men to wear pants. The rooms are just that some place to sleep after a delightful and fun filled day. The beds are comfortable and adequate. The grounds of this resort are beautiful and well kept. The holiday lights were a delight to see! If you want a resort that is beautiful, friendly, then pack your bags now even the airport was a breeze. Thank you Dreams Punta Cana resort and spa we loved it!!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor. Beautiful view of pool!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank QuadCitiesBoxergirl
Hector T, eConcierge at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear guest,

As a service oriented company, we always strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations, and we are happy to read your comment and know that we were able to cater to all your vacation needs.

We are grateful for the time you took to inform us of your recent stay and for the desire of letting everyone know what a great time you had.

It would be our honor to receive you once again in a near future. Please let us know whenever you decide on choosing us as your vacation destination in the Caribbean for a second trip.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Just got back from ANOTHER great trip to Dreams Punta Cana. First, let me start by saying we were here in 2011 and had an amazing time. Then Dreams Palm Beach in 2012--Another Great time. Then back to Dreams Punta Cana Dec 15-22, 2013 and had another great time. Some things had changed since 2011 though. One being the hotel rooms are getting run down but house keeping did a great job cleaning and stocking the mini fridge with beer, waters n sodas. Now me personally, I go to the beach to go to the beach NOT sit in my room so this was not a big deal for me. Also, during our first trip there were hammocks on the patio and they were no longer there. We really enjoyed the hammocks last visit. The beach was alittle rougher this visit but still nice, the landscaping is STILL BEAUTIFUL. Entertainment was also great as last time. Now the food - average. Last time, food was over the top, this time..it depends on where you choose to eat. The Mexican is no longer there, but they have a French restaurant we were all super excited to eat at. Well French was the worst restaurant, service very slow and food was cold. Italian was also very blah this time. I told the staff it was my birthday and nothing special just slower service. The bartender at the italian told me I drank too much and almost didn't serve me, which made me mad because I hadn't drank but 2 drinks that day BUT it was my birthday and our group was wearing colorful DRUNK 1, 2, 3 and 4 shirts...lol. So maybe they went by the shirts??? SO YES French and Italian NOT IMPRESSED. HOWEVER...Oceana WONDERFUL. We had Hector as our server and Finally great service AND great food. Hector was AWESOME! We ate there a few times!!! Also Buffet was good and steakhouse. Japanese was also really good.Finally at the Japanese restaurant i got my cake and candles 2 days after Italian and 2 days after my birthday. So I was very happy.
Enough about food, the spa was amazing. On my birthday at 1pm (another reason I was NOT drunk at the Italian because I was at the spa all day..lol) Me and my fiancé did the 80min hot stone and had Sandra and Rosa. Such a relaxing day...Thank you girls!
Lets see...so bottom line, this is a great hotel for the $$. We did not do preferred this visit because we wanted the swim up room. We really enjoyed walking 6 ft to the pool and being able to have our own lay out area without fighting for chairs. Each swim up room had 2 lawn chairs.
Overall very good time!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Crystal S
Hector T, eConcierge at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear guest,

We are happy to know that you had a great time once again with us. Thank you for letting us know about your trip and your experience, both positive and negative aspects of it.

This points of improvement have been forwarded to the corresponding personnel and corrective actions have already been taken in order to continue improving the high standard of services we are proud to have.

Thank you very much for your loyalty to our brand and we hope you give us the chance of hosting you once again in a near future.

If you ever need any additional assistance, just let us know.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed from December 15th to the 22nd and it was incredible. THE best service we have EVER experienced. The entertainment was so engaging and fun for all ages. We're 23 and 24 and had a great time with the entertainment crew and the wonderful bartenders. Shaggy, Mr. Volanta, James, Juan, Cesar and Jesus were the best! Melanie at the World Cafe was awesome and SO sweet. Miledys with housekeeping did such a great job..left us towel swans and put rose petals on the bed. Some of the best bar-tending service I've experienced as well. Alberto, Demetrio and Santana knew how to make every drink imaginable and more. Try the Santana Special at the pool bar and the dirty monkey by Alberto is the best. The food was also to die for. We found out on the last night about the Chinese restaurant in the same area as the hibachi..it was heavenly. The calamari and the sushi were excellent. My boyfriend has been to Punta Cana three times and he said this place had the best service, entertainment and food selections. Definitely highly recommend..great resort.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to let us know about your recent stay.

We are very happy to know that you had a great time and that our services, venues, amenities and staff met and exceeded all your expectations.

Also, thank you for your desire of recommending our hotel, and we hope that you give us the opportunity of hosting you once again in a near future. It would be our honor to receive you.

If you ever need anything from us, just let us know.

Remaining at your services and wishing you a pleasant day,

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Spent a week here with our two kids (7 & 3), and I have to say that for a family like ours, this place is fantastic!

It's not a party resort. It's a nice quiet all inclusive family resort. Not a lot of partying happening, other than from wedding parties. The staff is amazing (and there's a lot of them!)

The kids loved it...from the beautiful soft sandy beach to the pool that runs almost the entire length of the resort.

The kids loved the explorers club, where they could spend the entire day under the supervision of qualified childcare staff.

This resort is a little remote from the rest of punta cana, but we were ok with that. My son and I did go on one excursion, trying surfing for the first time at nearby Macao beach (probably one of the best beaches in the Dominican). He had a blast doing that (me too!).

If I had one compliant, it would be the food. We had heard that food in the Domican resorts wasn't that great, and I'd probably agree here. But, the food wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting. There were a couple good restaurants (seaside grill did a great steak!). The kids liked the variety at the buffet restaurant, so we ended up eating there a lot (and the buffet Had some really good food, but also some bland overcooked food as well). The night that the buffet focused their menu on true Dominican food was really good, we loved the food that night.

Rooms - we had a one bedroom, which was really 2 adjoining rooms. It's was more than enough room for all of us, and it was nice to have the separation at night so that we could put the kids to bed a little early! Rooms were nice. Well appointed, and the beds were comfy (nice and firm!)

Would definitely recommend this resort to other families.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Jeff H

Dear guest,

We are very happy to read that we were able to cater to your family of 4 and that you enjoyed all of our services and amenities.

As a family oriented company, the safety and well-being of our guests is one of our main goals and it makes us proud to know that you would consider recommending us to others.

We are also thankful to pointing out an area of improvement in the hotel. This comment has been addressed with the corresponding personnel and the appropriate changes are being performed in order to continue enhancing our offer.

We are grateful for your comments and we hope you allow us the chance of hosting you once again in a near future.

Remaining at your services,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We just got back from spending a week here. I would have to say I really have mixed feelings about this resort. We have stayed at Secrets before and maybe that is why. The grounds of the resort were just impeccable everywhere you went you truly felt like you were on your own island. The food we were not impressed at any of the restaurants. There were waiters that actually took your order and than other younger waiters that took care of you, they were great friendly and sweet, the actual waiters that took your order had absolutely no personality at all. The seafood at the Oceana was not that good, the Italian was kinda like Fazoli's food, and the world cafe was ok just took forever and having to ask twice for your drinks. The seaside grill I would have to say was the best food we had there. The room-service menu was lame as well. We upgraded to the junior suite preferred room it was nice having the larger room but that is about the best I can say about that upgrade. The resort is about 18-20 years old and is in need of a upgrade in the rooms especially the bathrooms, the showers are really rough. Paying a $700.00 upgrade didn't expect the shower to look like that. I also asked months in advance when I did upgrade to be placed on the third floor as we do not stay up late and I am a very light sleeper. We were given second floor and the people above us came in every night pounding on the floors at 2:30 in the morning waking us up. The service at the pool was great as well as the drinks. The beach was beautiful, this resort is on the Atlantic side of the island so it was pretty rough the whole time we were there. The ride to and from the airport was only about 20 minutes.
The one thing that really turned us off and not sure if we will return to one of their resorts again is they try to hook you into what they call their vacation club. I asked Luis is this a timeshare deal and he said Oh no no you are just going to visit one of our zoetry resorts. I knew it is their high end resort and thought it would be nice to see. Well we were lied to they were trying to sell us a timeshare. To expect people to drop up to $60,000.00 in the matter of 1 hour while on vacation is ridiculous, and when you say no they just keep coming at you with other deals. This really has turned me off from wanting to stay at another one of their resorts especially since we were lied to. I like how we had to get firm with them and stress our decision of "NO" and at that point we were shown out the back door to wait for the car to take us back to dreams, and we were not rude about it at all. Lesson learned always say NO because no matter what lie they tell you they are trying to sell you a timeshare.
Almost forgot about the pool, it was beautiful and huge plenty of room for everyone.
Overall it was a beautiful resort just needs some improvement.

Room Tip: Swim ups are not what you would expect you walk in the grass to the pool and some rooms past other r...
3  Thank lmorrow26

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to inform us of your recent trip.

We regret learning that your experience with us was anything less than perfect. As a service oriented company we strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations, helping them in any way possible to create wonderful memories of their vacations, and we are sorry if we didn't deliver this for you.

We have taken all the areas of improvement pointed in this comment and addressed them with the corresponding personnel in order to continue enhancing our services and treating our guests with the customer service we are known to provide.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments.

If you ever need any assistance, just let us know.

Always at your services and wishing you a Happy New Year,