“Excelente!”

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A holiday is what you make of it and who you go with, the resort and facilities add to that enjoyment. I was lucky enough to go to Dreams with family and close friends.

The resort itself is well maintained with a huge pool and plenty of sunbeds and space around to laze the days away. The grounds are impeccably maintained the beach is cleared daily of any litter and sea debris, and the pool also hoovered and cleaned each morning.

Our kids were entertained in the Core Zone by the caring staff there -Jesus Santana and Wander.
The adults were kept supplied with drinks from the Barracuda bar with Larissa and Elizabeth regularly round fetching cocktails and offering suggestions to try. We were all looked after the most though by Julio Perez and Juan Carlos in the restaurants, and they really pulled out the stops to make eating in the restaurants even more of a pleasure.
The food in all the restaurants was excellent and the presentation beyond expectations. The Asian restaurant has to be singled out as outstanding for both the food and the staff, Yefry Santanou a waiter with the world's biggest smile and Gabriel one of the teppanyaki chefs who is entertaining at full volume. The staff throughout the resort are friendly, professional and all keen to make your stay the best it can be.
My wife and friend tried out a massage in the spa and came back full of praise, the gym is well equipped but does get very hot.

We had a family deluxe room for two adults and two children, which consisted of interconnecting rooms with the first having a queen size bed and the second two double beds, there was more than enough room for us.

We all enjoyed an excellent stay, the only negative comment I would make is the fire alarm went off several times on two successive nights (very early morning) and no explanations or apology made by the resort manager. Pascal was sent a note asking for an explanation (none received) and when asked about it direct he failed to take any responsibility -he could do with some customer relation tips from the staff -any of whom could help him out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Ken I
Pascal M, Manager at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Dreams Punta Cana. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your vacaction and had a good time. As for the fire alarm issue we did speak about this by the pool, in that occasion i did mention to you that we had called the service company for the fire alarm. I am sorry that i did not give you a technical answer but the issue was resolved the day you left. We hope to have you back with us.

There are newer reviews for Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I came to this resort for a wedding with about 30 of my family members along with children, and I stayed for four days. I do want to mention that I have also stayed at the Dreams Palm Beach which is the nicer resort, so I was comparing the two..With that said and after reading some recent reviews about Dreams Punta Cana, I was scared to stay here.. Petrified to say the least, some of these negative reviews are not on point in my opinion. This is not a five star resort but not a crappy one either. I was pleasantly surprised with Dreams Punta Cana. It is by no means the same caliber as Dreams Palm Beach but it was a nice resort with its pros and cons. It was nice, clean, and the service was spectacular. My room was in great condition there was no mold or weird smells and it was cleaned immaculately. The safe was fully functional and the mini bar which is free of charge was always stocked. I did not utilize the room service, but knowing it was available put me at ease. The beds in the room were some of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in. The pillows were way too high, I had to sleep sans pillow for four days. Not good at all I did not have a good nights' sleep. As far as the food is concerned this is where I think the resort lacks the full five stars. The food here is average, not gross or not tasty by any means, but not wonderful. The restaurants give you very small portions so make sure you order two entrees per person, this was a major reason what makes the place not a five star to me. My first night after eating at Portofino with my family, we had to go to the buffet after because we were hungry. However, on the same token the buffet here I have to say is pretty good. Huge selection and everything is fresh. Most importantly, none of the food I ate at this resort made me sick. Also no reservations are required for restaurants here, and that in my book is a plus. There is a cafe called "Coco Cafe" which offers great pastries, cappuccino, mocha lattes, espresso, I recommend it. The drinks at the bar are also good, I recommend the "Bob Marley" which seemed to be the drink of choice among the guests. I did eat at the outside grill on the beach and amazingly did not get sick so another plus for this resort. Another pro about this resort is the pool! Amazing pool here which is in the style of a lazy river. The downside is that the pool is great because it compensates for the crappy beach. I made a trip to Punta Cana and I could not go in the ocean because of the killer rocks in the ocean!!! Huge FAIL!! Not really the resorts fault unless they can go into the ocean and drill them out, but something to consider. If you have small children I advise that you use the pool not the ocean, too dangerous.. The minute my boyfriend stepped in the water he almost cut his foot. There is drink service at the beach so you do not even have to get up, so that was also a plus. The service at this resort was great, no complaints. Everyone was very attentive and professional. Another con about this resort is that it is in the middle of no where! If you do need or want to leave the resort for any reason, there is nothing else around. Overall, I would say the Dreams Punta Cana is an average resort which is affordable and family friendly. I have no major complaints or anything truely negative to say about my stay. Yes the Dreams Palm Beach is better but this place was also nice as well. It was its pros and cons just like any other resort and the cons to me are the beach, beds, food portions and location. I do not think I would come back but not because of the resort service or food, but because the beds were so uncomfortable!! Dreams needs to improve this! this is a nice resort which is great for families minus the couple tid bits. Lastly to mention, I was here for a wedding and the same day there were 7 weddings to take place at this resort. Something to consider if you are a bride to be.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Elle_travelstheworld
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The grounds are immaculate, nice walk ways. Great pool - only open 8am - 6pm, after an excursion I would have liked to cool off, beach was clean, not much of a swim area. The room are dated and in need for upgrades. The bed frame looked like it was going to fall apart. Had to call for bar service everday and sometimes they never came. Camera was taken after room was cleaned, security said no one came in the room, but the bed was made and tip was gone??? We were only gone to lunch, 1 hr.. lock problems everyday. fixed after the 5th day.

Room Tip: Be sure your key works....
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WarmWater_Deep_Diver

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations for your vacation. We take all of your comments and go thru them in our daily meetings so we can make sure that our guests have the best experience possible.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Currently staying at the resort. Paid alot less for alot better. Expectations were high due to ratings and high price. Being frequent travellers we were let down. Grounds and pool area are beautiful and bar service is great. Hugh upset was the rooms. Having to
Chang our room the first day due poor cleanliness, stained sheets and walls, broken AC as well as used towels left in the room and hearing everything in the riom next to us with paper thin walls and no working room keys. After walking back to reception was told we could upgrade for $50 a night which was unacceptable and was put back in the same building #4 and in the same type if room. Suppose to be a deluxe luxury but only upgrade was a king bed which we paid for in the first place. Room was still the same, small, poor AC, water temp always going hot to cold, can't get a sensible shower...etc went back to front desk today, after staying 4 nights couldn't do it anymore and had friends of ours who came to us and told us they had been upgraded the first day for free, we went to reception management and asked to be upgraded as our friends had and the reception manager would do nothing for us but put us in another room the same. Offered to pay the $50 per night to upgrade again and he told no it's now $150/night. After telling him no he told us nothing he will do and wouldn't help us further. PAID ALOT LESS FOR ALOT BETTER. Anyone looking to stay in Dominican, go to Excellence resort. Rooms, service and food. Much much better.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Justin1422
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just returned from a lovely trip with five college girlfriends - all now 40-ish. We had a great time. ALL the staff was wonderful!!!! I work in the tourism/convention industry and can truly say they really have "service" down pat. They team was great. The place is lovely. The entertainment is fun and has a wide variety available. There are families and adult groups. Nothing rowdy - no groups of crazy teens or college kids. Not so crowded that you could find a "place" at the enourmous pool or beach. It most definitely exceeded my expectations. Go for the upgrade the Preferred Club - worth it. The staff in the club is delightful. Everyone was. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Upgrade to preferred club!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katy S

Dear Guest

Greetings from Dreams Punta Cana. Thank you so much for your review and since you work in the industry we are happy to see how much you enjoyed your time with us. We will be passing on your comments to the prefered club staff and we hope to have you back with us on another occasion.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Absolutely great holiday and great hotel to stay in. The swimming areas was great. The beds on the beach were very relaxing, the poolside entertainment was great. All in all a great holiday. Thestaff were very friendly and both food in the restaurant and room service was lovely.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Greetings from Dreams Punta Cana. We are happy to read that you enjoyed so much our beach, food and staff. We hope to have you back with us.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family and I had a fabulous time. We would definitely recommend this resort. Great food, service and staff! Entertainment staff (Swagger, Philipe, Carmin and Justin) are excellente....Always interacting with the adults as well as the teens. Melina in the World Cafe was always greeting everybody with a smile. Please do not listen to the negative reviews, you wont regret it.

Room Tip: Rooms in building 6 are a very good location and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Greetings from Dreams Punta Cana. Thank you so much for your review we will be passing on your congratulations to our entertainment staff and ounce again we are happy to see that we had such a great impression on your vacation.

Have a nice day