This is not even a 3 star once you get past the impressive lobby. The rooms are old and run down little worked (safe, a/c, door locks). The chaise lounge outside our so-called 'swim out' was rickety and filthy. The grounds were patchy grass and cracked cement. Disappointing.
When we requested to change rooms, we were given a very hard time by the front desk, she kept saying she didn't have one then all of a sudden she did. SHe hadn't checked anything on a computer or a list she just changed her minds. However later when we needed to request a late check out, I think we were 'punished' and were not allowed one. Many others in our group were given one, but until we spoke to a manager she refused us.
On more than one occasion, when we had a request, the staff would pretend not to speak English, but would clearly speak it to someone else. The service people in this resort were often arrogant, and not the friendly hosts of Mexico.
If you were not at the pool before 7 AM there were no chairs. Twice when I went into the water I had people take our belongings and throw them down and take our chairs. Alcohol was weak and ice in short supply. There are no bottles in the room (occasionally 2 beer was stocked) and if you require ice you had to call room service and wait, and tip. If you are used to drinking in your room, take some with you as buying it at the resort in the store is $$$$$$ and limited. Also you're out of luck if you like any beer other than el presidente.. Room service menu is also extremely restricted. The buffet was very good for the most part.
The most important thing to consider about visiting this resort is it is VERY ISOATED> If you like to go to town to shop or sight see, you are looking at a 2 hour round trip. Also, during our stay 4 people were robbed by a man with a machete in the middle of the afternoon, on the beach just down from the resort. This is not a place we felt safe.
If you are used to Dreams resorts such as Huatulco, you will be sorely disappointed by the condition and size of this hotel. If you have never traveled to a high end resort you may enjoy it, but it is really over priced for the product.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic