We stayed here Easter 2012. Before we travelled I was very concerned about the bad reviews regarding poolside loungers.
The 1st day we were there the pool loungers were mostly generally tatty of broken but over the following couple of days were all replaced with new ones. There was always plenty to go round even when the hotel was full over the easter week.
The beach was fantastic no problems getting a spot there either, you could walk for miles in either direction if you felt so inclined.
Activities for children were fantastic loads for them to do & Explorers Club was great too.
One highlight of our stay was easter sunday. Entertainment staff set up a chocolate buffet on the beach & a huge easter cake tho you had to be quick as it all soon disappeared or melted! Brilliant waterslides set up by the beach too .
The rooms were good although we originally booked a standard double & were allocated a ground floor room in block 2 close to the beach. We only stayed in it one night & up-graded to a suite. I suspect that because I had enquired about the cost of an up-grade before out trip that we were given our original room which was cold & damp, this is my only real negative point about the whole resort, my only other comment would be the massive groups of americans or canadians who congregated in the pools drinking lots & never getting out - gross! you lazy people don't P*** in the pool! It is a fact I'm sorry if this offends you!
There were a group of stupid english too who played on the 'kids only' inflatable in the pool & broke it...Thanks a lot you morons!!
Our suite was fantastic as was the food - the fact that you did not have to book the other restaurants was a bonus & the view at sunset from the bar at the adult only restaurant was stunning.
We were never bothered by ANYONE trying to sell us anything either time share or from the stalls outside in the evening but I think that's because we were polite to them but didn't pay any interest!
Felix in the world cafe made our day when he organised a birthday cake & 'birthday song' for my sons birthday - a lovely memory.
All in all we had a great time, I could go on but I won't! I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic