“EXCELLENTE”

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here Easter 2012. Before we travelled I was very concerned about the bad reviews regarding poolside loungers.
The 1st day we were there the pool loungers were mostly generally tatty of broken but over the following couple of days were all replaced with new ones. There was always plenty to go round even when the hotel was full over the easter week.
The beach was fantastic no problems getting a spot there either, you could walk for miles in either direction if you felt so inclined.
Activities for children were fantastic loads for them to do & Explorers Club was great too.
One highlight of our stay was easter sunday. Entertainment staff set up a chocolate buffet on the beach & a huge easter cake tho you had to be quick as it all soon disappeared or melted! Brilliant waterslides set up by the beach too .
The rooms were good although we originally booked a standard double & were allocated a ground floor room in block 2 close to the beach. We only stayed in it one night & up-graded to a suite. I suspect that because I had enquired about the cost of an up-grade before out trip that we were given our original room which was cold & damp, this is my only real negative point about the whole resort, my only other comment would be the massive groups of americans or canadians who congregated in the pools drinking lots & never getting out - gross! you lazy people don't P*** in the pool! It is a fact I'm sorry if this offends you!
There were a group of stupid english too who played on the 'kids only' inflatable in the pool & broke it...Thanks a lot you morons!!
Our suite was fantastic as was the food - the fact that you did not have to book the other restaurants was a bonus & the view at sunset from the bar at the adult only restaurant was stunning.
We were never bothered by ANYONE trying to sell us anything either time share or from the stalls outside in the evening but I think that's because we were polite to them but didn't pay any interest!
Felix in the world cafe made our day when he organised a birthday cake & 'birthday song' for my sons birthday - a lovely memory.
All in all we had a great time, I could go on but I won't! I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Room Tip: If there's more than two of you go for a suite. Which ever room type you go for try & get hi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank beachlover0831
Pascal M, Manager at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to write this review and giving us your toughts. We hope that you will be back with us soon and that you can see all of the positive changes that we are doing. In the hope of seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I were given a trip to the Dominican Republic for my retirement gift and after researching various hotels we decided to stay at Dreams in Punta Cana. We had a wonderful time. We stayed in a suite which was very roomy with extremely comfortable beds and a balcony with our own private jacuzzi. There was a nice sitting room with a large TV besides the TV in the bedroom and a refrigerator that was stocked daily. The restaurants were very good with a variety of food. Our favorites were the Japanese and Italian restaurants. The buffet was good but the food tended to be luke warm, not hot. The staff at Dreams was very attentive and there was not much of a language barrier. The pool is wonderful and winds along the whole hotel, right up to a swim up bar and onto the beach. The beach was nice but we weren't really able to swim in the ocean as it was too rough the whole week we were there. The nightly entertainment was wonderful. The staff did get everyone involved and was very entertaining. I would definitely go back to this hotel and would recommend it highly. The only downfall for this hotel I believe is that it isn't near anything and quite a drive from anywhere you want to go but there is enough to do at the hotel and the tours from the hotel are wonderful.

Room Tip: We were originally going to stay in a swim out room but were upgraded to a suite and we were not dis...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ManFamKath
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at Dreams Feb 24 - Mar 3. We were in building 8 which was very close to the pool. Good weather, Good food, Beach a little wavy, on Bavaro side much calmer. Excellent entertainment. You must go to the Spa - phenominal massage. I guess the only setback was when we had our personal belongings removed from our loungers by the pool. We had gone to breakfast and came back only to find our stuff had been taken. In the paperwork you receive when you arrive, it states that security goes around and removes your belongings if they have not seen any activity within 15 minutes at those loungers. We arrived on Sunday and this happened to us on Friday. We watched people all week who had only towels on their loungers and never appeared at all. I guess you are supposed to remove all your stuff when you go somewhere and hope to find a lounger when you return. GOOD LUCK!!! We have been travelling every year and never once had this happen to us. EVERYBODY SAVES LOUNGERS!!! We had to go the the main lobby, where there was a big bag that had everyone's belongings in it and you had to sort thru it to find your stuff. This put a damper on things. Definitely a resort for families. We would however like to give a shoutout to Yudith Mordan in the Word Buffet. She was amazing. We got to know her quite well and she always had a smile and hug for us. She would go out of her way for anyone that was entering the Buffet. She is a definite asset to your resort. Koodos to you Judy!!! We will try Punta Cana again, but just not a Dreams Resort. From reading other reviews, it seems that the lounger rule came up quite often.

Room Tip: Don't book a trip here if you want a quieter place.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sdion5
Pascal M, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Guest

We wanna thank you for your comments and we are sorry that you feel this way about our lounge chair policy. Also for the lost and found items we do keep all of the found items in a bag with the dates so it help us in the process of retreiving the items when guests go back for them. Also we are glad that you liked our resort and we hope to have you back soon with us.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My spouse and I stayed here from 3/08/13 to 3/11/13, we had a great experience, the service was great and the food was really pretty good. We booked last minute, so I did not have time to do too much research, but I was shocked at the bad reviews. We did not experience any of that. The room was very good, the bath maybe needed some upgrading but overall I really did not have any problems or concerns with this hotel or their staff. However my one complaint was on March 9th (Saturday) local venders come in to sell their crafts and other goods and I look forward to this, sometimes you can get really good deals and see some great art. But when I entered this open air area where the venders were set up, I was practically attacked by the first jewerely vender, he was very aggressive w/me, almost begging me to buy his stuff, after much, much bargining, b/c his prices were very high, we came to an agreement but I could tell that he was mad, and they he asked me for a tip, taking out pictures of his family telling me that because he gave me such a good deal that I owed that to him, I gave into this again because he was making a scene, I was trying to get change for a 5 dollar bill and he again started telling me "why can't i have the five???" I need this to support my family, finally I gave in but guess what, I did not continue shopping, we left the area. This vender was Haitian and from what I could gather this is a common strategy for them to use. The Domenican venders we encountered in other areas were great and no pressure to buy. This did annoy me so much that is why I'm writing about it. Hindsite is 20/20 next time I will walk away and report this behavior to the manager. I'm so sorry that I did not do that. Please don't let this change your mind about the resort. But the general manager really needs to look into this and view the vender's behavior with their guests.

Room Tip: We were up on the 2nd floor I think the bottom rooms are better closer to the pool. You just walk...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marielena21

Dear Guest

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your review, do know thateven if you did not comment the incident with the vendor during your stay. I will look into this next week when the vendors come back and this will be taken care of. Because even if they do not work for the resort we can not let them be under our standard of service. Thanks again. Also we are glad to see that you loved our resort and we do hope to have you back with us. Please do not mind in contacting me at my email if you have any further comments.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spent an amazing week at this resort with my familly (wife and three kids: 8, 11 & 13). This is a beautifull resort with great staff, great food, activities for the entire familly! Although the rooms are basic (we had a deluxe familly room), they were clean and offered everthing we needed for the familly. We were in building 3 on the second floor which was central to all. We loved it. The view of the pool was great!

The location is also wonderfull if you like a more isolated area (vs. Bavaro Beach which is more crowded). Uvero Alto beach is an endless white sandy beach (miles of walking). Took a long walk on the beach with the familly and felt alone in paradise!!!

The pool is HUGE and awesome as you can choose your setting: quiet reading areas, area for kids, activity area with music, etc. Whatever you feel like doing, there was a setting for us. But make sure to pick/hunt for a spot early in the morning !

The explorer kids club was very good and is safe for kids under 12. As for teens, the Core zone is filled with activities ranging from basketball, tennis, batting cage, ping pong, a disco, etc!!! My kids loved this!

The very small critique is that the music was not latin, which would have brought more of a caribean feel. Next to that, this was a magnificent vacation!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Saint0573

Dear Guest

we are happy to see that you and your family ahve enjoyed our resort. We try on a daily basis to ensure that our clients have a great experience. I will pass along your comments about the music to our corporate entertainment director sine this music is a company standard. Also we do have events that use local music with in the resort. Well we hope to have you back.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We just returned from a week at Dreams Punta Cana (02 March - 09 March 2013) and it was amazing. The staff are very helpful and I agree regarding the problem with the lack of lounge chairs, but one day an employee carried two chairs the length of the resort so that we would have chairs. I read so many bad reviews and honestly I don't understand why. The pool is the best in Punta Cana and this was our second time at Dreams and it won't be the last. We loved the buffet and the a la carte restaurants and not having to make reservations is a big bonus. A swim up room is the only way to go for us. Our room was spotless and we never ran out of hot water. If you called the front desk for anything it was at your door in minutes.

I can tell you this much we will definitely be returning to Dreams next year!!!

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet building then I suggest building number 5.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Even this review coming from a bridezilla is a positive one!!!We stayed at Dreams from Feb 26-March 5. We booked a Preferred club Honeymoon suite as we were here for our wedding on March 3. We were in building 6 right next to Preferred Club ( Room # 6211).. Reading some of these reviews makes me sick, some people just love to complain! You're on vacation! Get real people! Who gives a s**t about chipped paint and very minor details about your rooms!? Who spends that much time in their rooms anyways!? Our room was awesome and so was every room of our other 11 guests! Air conditioning was fine, we had plenty of hot water, we got our chairs at the pool every morning! If you snooze, you lose! If you want to sleep in until 9 every morning and waste 2 hours of sunshine, you aren't going to get a pool chair! Wake up people!! It only stays light out until 6:30 or so. The water and ice are very safe on the resort. Anyone who says anything different must be chugging tap water. P.S.. Its ok to brush with tap water, just don't swallow it! 24 hour room service delivered within 30 minutes and you can order anything you want, even if you don't see it on the menu! Amazing:) Bottom line.. Any staff at this resort will drop anything to help you. Fantastic staff all around! Maid service was awesome leaving towel swans and hearts on our bed daily. Great selection of food.. World cafe was amazing with lots of variety.. Seaside grill was delicious, great food. Oceana was our fave, scallops,lobster, salmon.. All equally delicious! Jack daniels shrimp-yum! Barefoot grill on beach was good for lunch too with burgers, chicken and sausages. A very special thank you to Daniela, our sweet wedding coordinator who made our day perfect! She was very patient with me during the whole process. The spa is lovely also. One small suggestion to reception.. Our check in was very unorganized, if you're expecting a group check in, be ready for us! Overall the whole experience was a 10+. I highly recommend this resort to anyone.. families, couples, weddings!! If you're a travel snob and don't like kids and love to complain about trivial stuff, head to 6 star and pay double!! Enjoy Dreams everyone!! I know we will again!!! I highly recommend Tropical Studios! They are excellente:)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family