The positives- Beautiful outdoor area
Staff- For the most part, they were wonderful
The negatives- Our first room was not clean and had 2 double beds (this was a honeymoon vacation...) When we complained to front desk, we were told that a $700.00 upgrade would need to be paid. We paid it. We were told that they had a temporary room for us until the correct room was vacant (2 days). The temporary room was nice, we were never given the correct room.
Mini Bar- Hmmmm, 4 beer, water and pop. Not our idea of a mini bar.
Room-Our patio door locked everytime you closed it. The latch was broken. On our last night at the resort, someone finally came to look at it. They could not fix it. The problem with this was that we actually got locked out on the deck for a period of time. Also, if you left the door, so you didn't get locked out, the air conditioner shut off....
Food-Average at best
Excursions-Terrible. We were taken away from the resort and guilted into purchasing unwanted items. My husband and I were taken on a VIP Boogie excursion. We did not request this. We were picked up at the hotel and taken to where they have the dune buggy's. VIP meant it was just me and my husband, no other tourists. We were promised a dune buggy excursion with some local information on their coffee and cigar making areas, as well as a trip to a beautiful cave that we could swim in. Here is what happened. We were given our dune buggy, forced to purchase hankerchiefs, ~15 minuite dune buggy ride to coffee area. 5 minuite ride to local shopping area. 5 minuites in the cave area. There was no way we were jumping in with only the 2 of us there and a bunch of locals.The pressure for us to purchase something was incredible. We actually felt unsafe. When my husband stated that he had no more money, we were not even taken to the cigar area. Then there was a brief stop at the beach for more high pressure sales, then back to the base. This is where the "paparrazi" as he called himself, asked for $90.00 for 15 pictures he took of us on the trip.
Fishing trip-5 out of 7 of us were sea sick. The staff had no idea how to deal with this and did not attempt to get these people to shore. My husband and I were the 2 that were not sea sick and still thought the boat should have reschedualed for better weather.
High pressure sales- Both inside and outside the resort.
To sum it up, we will never return to the Dominican. I have heard great things about Costa Rica!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic