Vacationed at the Dreams Punta Cana January 26 to February 02 2013. We had NO HOT WATER all week long. Informed the front desk at least 4 or 5 times and was told “we’re working on it” or “we’ll send a repairman out right away”. Absolutely nothing was done. Told we could upgrade to another room for an additional $75. a night. Why should we pay to upgrade when hot water should be included in your stay? It’s extremely uncomfortable taking a COLD shower while trying to remove suntan lotion and sand.
Aside from the fact, the food was mediocre at best. The Portofino is the only restaurant worth mentioning for a hot decent meal.
No top shelf liquor.
Stayed in a deluxe room which needed a total upgrade, especially the bathroom. Falling ceiling tiles, tub was painted white and chipping, loose ceiling tiles, mold etc. etc.
Last year we stayed at the Secrets Capri in the Mayan Riviera which is also a 6 gold apple and there’s absolutely NO comparison to Dreams Punta Cana. Secrets Capri was both relaxing and beautiful. A true dream vacation. Dreams Punta Cana was a nightmare!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic