We went to the resort on Nov. 23-30th. This was our fifth trip to the Dreams, and by far the best one ever. We got upgraded to a honeymoon suite and the room was spotless, the bed comfortable and the jacuzzi was fantastic. The staff at this resort is simply amazing. I celebrated my birthday while I was there and was treated to a special dinner of lobster and filet mignon, champagne, and birthday cake, thanks to our favorite waiter, Manzuetta. He even cut his holiday a day short so he could be back in time to plan my party. All the waiters came out and sang to me, and Manzuetta even bought me a present. I mean, have you ever heard of anyone doing somthing so thoughtful? The staff in the World Cafe was equally awesome. They all go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. All of them greeted us with hugs every time we entered the restaurant. The names of the staff that really went out of their way are: Willy, Eddry (the super-duper waiter), Judith, Jennifer, Jose, Edison, and Jonathan. The manager at the Mexican Restaurant, Francisco, also was extremely nice to us.
Beauty, one of the entertainment staff, even made special arrangements to have the Japanese restaurant opened for a private lunch, complete with a wonderful show by the chef. Beauty goes out of his way to talk to the guests and make them feel like they never want to leave this resort.
Even though we didn't have any children with us, the staff at the Kids Explorer Club talked to us every day. Patricia and "Chocolatte" were so friendly, and we watched them work and they were amazing with the kids. I wouldn't hesitate to leave my grandchildren with them.
The food was excellent at ALL of the restauants. Everything was fresh, well prepared, and always served with a smile.
The pool is awesome. I am not a beach person, so I cannot comment on the surf, but we did walk down to take pictures and the beach was clean, and there were plenty of chairs. But why anyone would want to leave the pool area is beyond me. They had waitresses bringing us drinks constantly. Letecia was especially helpful in making sure we got everything we needed, and she even brought us peanuts to munch on while sitting at the pool.
The coco cafe, which just recently opened, was delicious. It was nice to get a cappuccino after dinner or a pastry.
Nancy, the concierge, also went out of her way to make our stay so memorable. She knew it was my birthday and had a bottle of champagne and a plate of strawberries sent to our room. She joined us for lunch a couple of times, too.
I cannot imagine how anyone could give this resort a bad review. My husband and I are already planning our next trip to the Dreams.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic