If I could I would give this Hotel 3 1/2 stars. I decided to round up to 4 strictly because of the hotel staff who are all so amazing. We never had any problems with the service, every request was handled quickly and efficiently.
My husband and I traveled to this resort over Thanksgiving weekend for a wedding. The resort put on a beautiful ceremony and a fun reception.
On to the Hotel:
Rooms: We had a room on the second floor of building two. It was clean, no mold and the AC worked really well. I was actually cold. We did however have ants in the bathroom. I noticed this 2 days before we were set to leave and just dealt with it. To be honest, I was scared to get a moldy room.
Food: After reading the reviews here I was scared of what the food was going to be like. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Was it great? No. But it wasn't awful. It really was just hit or miss. Our group really liked Portofino.
I'm a vegetarian and I never had a problem finding something to eat.
I enjoyed breakfast at the World Cafe quite a bit. They have fresh spinach, carrot and fruit juice! They make you fresh smoothies on demand!! Amazing! And the omelet bar was great. The fresh fruit stand was a great treat as well. There is a lovely coffee bar in the lobby that makes delicious lattes, mocha's and even frappachinno's! Plus they have soy milk for all the dairy avoiders out there like me.
Drinks: We felt the drinks were extremely watered down. But hey, you can just keep ordering them!! If you want top shelf you have to ask for it.
Beach: It's not paradise. Like everyone else has said, this resort is on the Atlantic side. It is what it is. There are plenty of beach chairs and it's pretty easy to go sit on the more comfortable chairs in the preferred club section. No one is checking your room key here. There are lots of activities you can do on the beach (Volleyball, horseshoe's, badmitton, kayaking) so that's a nice plus.
Pool: The pool is great. The best feature of this property. The only thing is that it closes way too early.
Entertainment/Nightlife- This was probably one of the reason's I just didn't love my stay here. You are very far away from everything so you are pretty much stuck on the property. There is a tiny casino, a dance club the smells like mold. The entertainment in my opinion was pretty cheesy.
There was supposed to be a Thanksgiving night football on the beach but I think it got cancelled due to the weather. Another night there was supposed to another party on the beach and hubby and I walked over there and didn't see anything..it was windy so maybe it got cancelled as well. Needless to say, I usually went to bed early. Bring DVDs.
All in all, the reviews on Trip Advisor scared me but I have to say it wasn't that bad. Would I go back? No
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic