My husband and I bought the Apple Vacation 6 Golden Apple Square Deal. We were a little apprehensive when told at the airport our final destination would be Dreams Punta Cana. I had done a little research prior to our departure. Dreams Punta Cana has several negative reviews. My husband and I figured we would make the most of it. It’s a vacation regardless and we were going to have a good time.
Upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised. The grounds are well kept and the service was excellent. The Apple representative is great. We stayed for a little over a week. The staff was friendly, prompt, and accommodating. We only had one bad service related experience. We had a server at the buffet take our drink order, drop off our drinks, and then never he never came back. It was a little irritating, but it certainly did not ruin our vacation.
Everyone made us feel welcome and appreciated. The entertainment staff is excellent. The shows and activities are very entertaining for a resort.
Food was okay. There were a few items I really enjoyed. I would not compare the food to 5 star dining in the United States, but it may be in Punta Cana. The food quality is comparable to chain restaurants in the United States. Room service is great and they deliver bottles of champagne. Food arrived hot. Drinks were excellent. Be sure to try the Coco Loco and Mama Juana.
The rooms are okay, but it didn’t matter because we didn’t spend a lot of time in the room. Housekeeping always kept our room clean and stocked. The room always had a musty smell to it. I remembered this from a previous trip to Punta Cana. Bring a large scented candle.
The spa and wellness center were the highlight of our trip. We had a moonlight couples massage. It was excellent and we really enjoyed the wellness center.
The only thing that really started to bother me was the constant solicitation. In the lobby, people are trying to sell you a time share. They reel you in with coupons. By the beach, people were constantly approaching us and trying to get us to go on excursions. They were all friendly. The constant interruptions to our conversations and relaxing were a little irritating. However, it did not ruin our vacation.
We had a great time at Dreams Punta Cana and we would be eager to return to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic