“Amazing!”

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We travelled as a family to Dreams Punta Cana to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary...This was our 4th time to the DR and our first time to Dreams...

The resort was wonderful, rooms were clean and the service was exceptional.

The most amazing part of the trip for us was the entertainment crew!!!! OUTSTANDING!!! The entire crew went out of their way to make each and everyday jam packed with memories!!! We love them all but have to make special mention of Beauty...you will always be a part of our family beauty thank you for being such a special soul!!!

Room Tip: We had a swimout room, very nice...other members of the family had the honeymoon suites also very ve...
1  Thank Storm F
There are newer reviews for Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been to Dreams Punta Cana before with my family, and we always enjoyed it. This time I took my 81 (!) year old (young) Uncle with me for a combo birthday / Christmas present. We were there for a week October 19-26 ... and he (and I) thoroughly enjoyed it! Nothing much has changed since I was there with my family in February of 2011 ... the staff as friendly as ever, the meals as good as ever, the grounds still clean and ultra-tidy, and the various entertainment enjoyable. This time, as a special treat for my Uncle, I booked in their Preferred Club section and we thoroughly enjoyed the extra attention and pampering. Those people in the Preferred Club sure know how to treat their guests! Is this an ultra-luxurious 5-star resort? No. But it is a darn good 4-star resort! ... and is very good "value" for the money. Also, keep in mind that this is a "family" resort and not an "adults-only" resort so there are children around. But, from what I saw, their (impressive) "Explorers Club" (very nice and well-staffed, by the way) kept the kids busy most of the time. :) All in all, a very nice vacation at a very nice place. And it is certainly away from the hustle & bustle of the city ... don't expect to leave the resort (on your own) because it is out in the country (an hour from the airport) and there is nothing to do and nowhere to go outside the walls of the resort. (Unless you take an organized excursion which are definitely available.) But it is so nice there that, really, there is no reason to "go out". A big Thank You to everyone at Dreams for making this special visit with my Uncle so enjoyable, and memorable. My only problem? Now he wants to go back!

Room Tip: Preferred Club has nicer rooms than the standard rooms. Also, pick building 6 or 7 (or 1 or 2) if yo...
3  Thank AMRResortsFan
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had our destination wedding here, with 37 guests. Make sure to brush your teeth with the bottle water, a lot of my guests got diarrhea. Loved our overall experience with Dreams Resort & Spa in Punta Cana. Deyanira was our wedding coordinator and she was so patient, and organized. I loved working with her!! Room service is very slow, so I suggest going to one of the restaurants instead. If they tell you they will be there in 5 minutes, that is really 45 minutes. Other than that I have no complaints.

Room Tip: We had a view of the parking lot, so request a view on the 2nd floor of the ocean or pool or courtya...
1  Thank Courtnee C
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went for my friend's wedding and it was beautiful. Hotel service and staff very friendly;courteous and professional. They are there to please. Now, bear in mind this is more of a "family" oriented type of scene therefore this means - expect kids and family scene not a "singles" scene; not for singles "looking to mingle". I had sprained my ankle when i went and couldn't walk around too much. That was not working for me; there is lots of walking required. Front desk to my room alone was quite a walk; everywhere walking was required quite a bit. Rooms were excellent! Many food selections for restaurants. (Think A.C. buffet scene for accurate pic) Club and nightlife overall ok; again, more distant walking required to get to each. Beautiful pools; beach; just needed more selection of bottled cold beer or perhaps buckets of ice with beer but i guess it's like that for all inclusive to "water down" the liquor a bit :( Rooms were excellent but at one point access card did not work to get in maybe because guests were warned not to leave card together in wallet with credit card because the stripe of credit card causes access card to malfunction. Had to wait for someone for a while to show from front desk since it was a distance to walk and it was late. Beautiful resort for Family; Not for singles so be warned. And if you're thinking of roaming to nearby town, you need to get a cab to next town- Babaro which doesn't have much of a nightlife scene and is about a 45 min drive from what i was told.Resort is tightly secured so -Only guests of resort allowed to enter. Inquiries were made for "singles" looking to "roam" but it all comes down to- "This is not that type of place". It's secure and family oriented. Did i say the wedding ceremony and resort was beautiful though? ;) P:S Like Puerto Plata they have those guys looking to sell you timeshares and souvenirs like crazy towards end of stay.

Room Tip: Consider getting room closer to front desk for quicker room service.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mister-F2010
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having enjoyed a stay in dreams la romana the year before, we thought we'd give this dreams hotel a try. The room was excellent, cleaned every day perfectly; though had to phone for flannels (or face cloths as you have to say) a few times, an they took a good half hour to arrive. Restaurants were excellent, except the mexican where our food was cold, we think this was because our waiter had too many tables to serve. Children don't get served as quick as adults do at the bars. The hotel has lots of locals come and stay at the hotel on weekends, this was annoying as they kept trying to take our things (airbeds, shoes etc) also food is scarce when there about- they are usually in the buffet. We stayed for Halloween and our waiter Ceaser was excellent and very chatty and attentive. Food was excellent every time without fail! Entertainment was good, a few of the staff made our holiday even better- Angalo, Felipe, Carmen, monkey, and Phil in the towel hut! It's nice to take towels as you want them- not limited to one per person, which you would be in other resorts. The gardens were spectacular! The gardeners clearly work very hard! We gave our used suncreams, shower gels etc to them (you have to write a note to say you gave it to them) , as it is usually the entertainment staff who get them, and the bar/waiting staff who get tips, the gardeners don't get much. Would be nice to have more lighting in the bathroom, and maybe better air con. When you play games with the entertainment staff you get funny money, or coupon type things, which you collect and spend at an auction. The auction consists of rum, massage, towels, champagne, so worth collecting. However, the auction was rare, unadvertised, and hardly ever happened. This was a huge dissapointment as la romana had it organised at 5:00 every few days, here it happened twice during our 10 day stay, and was at 9:00, so if we wanted to go we would have to rush dinner. Lastly, it seems the staff get a bonus for being mentioned on trip advisor, as many of the staff told us to write their names down on here; I would like to point out that the staff I have named has been because I thought they were good and deserved it, not because they told us to- anyone that did, I have not mentioned. Not sure if I'd stay again, though had an excellente time, I prefered dreams la romana.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Alexanderperson
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were at Dreams for my brothers wedding and it was an amazing time even with Hurricane Sandy making a visit on our vacation. From walking in to get fabulous Mimosas and nice cold towels given to us to help us cool down to our room being ready and us being able to be in our room within 20 minutes of arriving the service was nothing short of " Excelente !" They truly do live by the thinking that they don't want things to be good for you they want things to be excelente!! The deluxe family room was great with us having a king size bed and a crib for the baby as well as a connecting room for our 12 year old. Speaking of my 12 year old I am sad to say that he was never with us for our family vacation because he was having way too much fun with all of the activities fhat they resort provided... The meals were great.. We loved the seaside grill for dinner, I took my 1 year old to El Patio while the rest of the family went to the Hibachi dinner at Himitsu and we all had a great time at the respective restaurants... Me and my husband got to go to Portofino for dinner and it was great. we all went to Oceana and as I'm not a seafood lover my meal was decent, my husband really liked the seafood. The spa is amazing for the couples massage and enjoying the wellness center. The guest services that we recievied from teh emplyees was like no place else. They were happy all the time with the great big smiles and hahpyness..

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My trip was from 7/30 until 8/06 of this summer and those seven days were not even close to being enough. Everything about the resort was so incredible. From the rooms, food, pool, and to the staff. For one thing, the maids were so trustworthy when a friend left valuables and money out on the table, thinking that the maid would take it but she did not. I loved that the pool wrapped around the hotel leading us to the beach, so you could always find spots open. The bartenders were so sweet, especially Pedro and Emilee. The entertainment team were honestly my highlight of the resort. Felipe, Caramelo and Julio were the greatest guys I've met there. They took the time to get to know me and the group I went with and it was not only the girls. They got to know the guys too and that's what made them so genuine. I loved the food from oceana and the Italian restaurant. The excursions we did were the Bavaro Runner and Ziplining and I absolutely loved both. In the Bavaro Runner, we got to see the real life of a Dominican citizen as well as going horseback riding and we got to experience Macao Beach, the most beautiful beach ever. Although it rained on this day, we all enjoyed it and experienced it as though there were nothing in the world to stop us from having fun. That's the exact feeling the Dominican Republic gives me.

The only thing I have complaints about are that you are not aloud in the pools when it is dark. I know it is a hazard because no one is there to keep an eye on you, but I would like to be able to go for a late night dip after coming out of the disco. Another complaint is that the man at the wifi area was the most unpleasant man ever and was the worst part of my trip. I know that he works for another company and not for the resort, but if he is to work for anyone, he should not have the attitude that he does. We paid for $25 worth of wifi and we were completely ripped off because they cut us off and stopped letting us log in. Of course we went to complain about this issue and we did get hours back, but after a good hour of arguing. The man kept insisting that we used all hours of our wifi in one day, when the day it says we used it all was the day we went out of the hotel on an excursion. Luckily I had taken a screen shot of what the login site kept saying to us the day before and the man at the resort believed us. As for the man in the wifi booth, no matter how much arguing and how many valid points we made, he still refused to give us our hours back. We got it back through the man at the front desk of the resort. Also, his excel sheet did not have any formulas that were proof of how he came up with the amount of time we were on the wifi. It was like he punched it in excel himself.

Besides my anger towards the wifi man, I fell in love with the people, the resort and the Dominican Republic as a whole. I am definitely going back again.

• Stayed: July 2012