“A Great Family Vacation!”

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Belmont, North Carolina
“A Great Family Vacation!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is my husband and my 2nd trip to Punta Cana. Last year we stayed in an Adult Only resort and loved it. This year we chose Dreams Punta Cana because our 17 year old daughter was joining us. We went with the anticipation that the service and ammenities would be comparable to what we received from the other resort. I'm pleased to report that Dreams Punta Cana did just that. We arrived late on Wednesday the 18th of June and was greeted with a warm smile at the front desk from Louis and a glass of wine from one of the service ladies. Louis made this process very quick and easy as we were eager to turn in for the night.

Our room had 2 double beds and a tropical view. We enjoyed the balcony for our quiet time of coffee and cigars. Yenni took care of our room daily and always made sure we had plenty of towels, toilet paper and our fridge stocked. I always left a little note for her requesting what we needed and never had a problem. She was very friendly and always smiling. (As most all the dominican people are!) She came every evening and turned down our beds and left chocolates.

The pool at Dreams is the length of the resort with a swim up bar at the end. I never saw it overcrowded. You will have to go out early to reserve chairs or beds as that is just common at any resort. There is always something going on in the pool area and never a reason to say "I'm bored". Julito, Fransisco and Caramelo as well as the other members of the Dreams Entertainment team work very hard and excell at what they do. They are so friendly, professional as well as personal. You can tell they really do love their jobs. The crowd really flocks toward the swim up bar area as this is where all the fun takes place. From bubble baths in the pool to water polo and a variety of other activities. The pool area was always clean as servers are constantly picking up empty glasses as well as serving new beverages to thirsty guest. There is a bar poolside with swings instead of stools. We liked the "hidden" ice cream machine at the back. :) Not many guest use this one.. They seem to believe the one at the beach bar is the only one. Ice cream in this one seems to be colder. Just a helpful hint to the ice cream lovers.

The beach was beautiful. Palm trees and plenty of palapas give lots of shade. We received great service from everyone at the beach as well. We usually chose to eat at the beach grill instead of a restaurant. It was just easier for us. Hot dogs, chicken, burgers and nachos are served here with all the fixin's for your burger and dogs as well as fountain drinks. The gentlemen working the grill are always very pleasant. We enjoyed the beach very much as it was much cooler than pool side due to the nice breeze coming off the ocean. There was a good bit of seaweed when we were there but the staff was always working to clean the beach area as best they could. By the time our vacation was coming to an end the beaches were clear. This isn't the norm but it does happen. Just mother nature. It didn't affect our view of the resort or the beach. The beaches are very beautiful at Dreams and in Punta Cana. Nice soft sand and the ocean not too rough at all. You can take out a catamaran, banana boat and a variety of other not motorized equipment. The kids can enjoy a little jump on the water trampoline too!

The restaurants are beautiful and the food was excellent. We enjoyed the World Cafe the most. Casual dining is my husband's style and we enjoyed that the Dreams Entertainment team would come in and have dinner with you. We love the dominican people and jump at the opportunity to conversate with them. :)

The nightly shows were amazing. These people are so talented. We enjoyed every single night!

A couple of suggestions for improvement would be thicker pillows for the beds. I discovered that the "extra pillow" in the closet was much more comfortable than the ones on the bed. Also the people in the lobby that want you to visit the other resort for an hour tour... I didn't come on vacation to take a tour of another hotel. I understand that this is a job for some but please, no means no. Just an FYI that one of your competitors just down the road doesnt have this in their lobby. And PLEASE bake some coconut cake! There is everything coconut but cake! We will be back in June 2013 and would love a piece.

Also, a special thanks to JP our VIP representative for booking our excursion for us. He took great care of us and we can't thank him enough for his hospitality.

Thank you Dreams Punta Cana we will see you guys again soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank bradkim10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,884)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Where do I begin... when checking in there was a crowd of about 30 families trying to check in and it took us about a hour to get up to the front of the line. I booked two adjoining rooms and of course when I open my room door the air condition is broken. My terrace door lock was broken and the bed sheets were moist. This is just day 1. Day 2 my family went to the pool for the day. During this time my 12 year old daughter was walking around in the pool and says she feels a pinch in her toe. She walks to get out of the pool and immediately blood is gushing out of her toe. It took 10 minutes for the staff to get a wheelchair for my daughter to go to the hotel doctor. Two stitches later they tried to hit me with a $120 bill that I refused to pay because this occurred in their pool. Oh and while my daughter was being seen another parent knocked on the door because her sons toe was sliced open in the pool too. The concierage lady came and told me that they would cover the medical waiver as long as I signed the paper saying I wouldnt sue. I signed the paper and had to bring my daughter back on Saturday so she could get the stitches removed. So from Tuesday thru Saturday she sat by the pool miserable because of the tile that was loose in the pool. You should of seen how many people had bandages on their toes from this pool. Day three after I got the worst stomach bug ever. We believe it was from the lettuce I had the night before. That day was a complete wash and my stomach was weak until my return home. The street vendors that the resort allows in on saturday nights seem to only know how to say $95 but please be assures they didnt get that from me. There are two things I have absolutely no complaints with 1)the drinks are plentiful and poolside they come often 2) the wait staff are soo super friendly. Kathleen was great and so was Joel from The World Cafe. The shows they have every night are a joke the dances could of been choreographed by my 9 year old daughter just horrible. The magic show was good. Oh and to put the icing on the cake we got back to NY on Monday the 23rd and on Tuesday the 24th my entire families ears were killing us so a trip to the doctor told us that 3 out of 4 of us had swimmers ear because of the bacteria in the pool and yes you guessed it the only one who didnt have it was my daughter with the sliced toe!!!!! Do with this information what you will but I know where I will NEVER go again. The Peterson Family from NY

10 Thank Lauren P
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been to Dreams resorts 5 times but will never return to this one, the entertainment staff were very friendly and cared about making the stay enjoyable, the staff checking you into their restaurants are another story, they don't enjoy their jobs and should be watched by the resort, tonight we waited 1 hour to be seated and from the start was treated poorly told to come back In 15 minsfr a pager so returned in 15 mins to wait another hour, finally had to go because of the time and returned at 10pm many tables were open but as soo. As they saw us " we closed" I said even though we waited an hour earlier? And had to leave she did not even smile " you want talk to my manager?" I said you dot close till 1030 " you want talk to my manager?" so the manager came and said we are CLOSED, I went to the front desk an filed a complaint, the manager at front desk could not beleive we were turned away so he called the seaside grill and was told by te same manager he closes on Wednesday and Thursday nights at 10 he said this was wrong and offer two free massages, I don't want that. I want them to give their guest what we pay for, I still cannot beleive this happened an will never return again, these people don't get that we spend 1k's of dollars to go on vacation an it is what pays their salaries. The attitudes try have had all week at the check Ins @ the resterants have been horrible, I think they need training from the staff at the pools and room service. They will never again get my money, Thank GOD I leave tomorrow. Since I'm complaining I should add the fact that I had to ask for coke, sprite and orange soda to be replaced during room service cleaning, I got one Light coke, one sprite no orange this went on everyday, if you are going to stay at dreams go to Mexico where the staff really care about your visit with them.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Pearsont
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Dreams Punta Cana was a wonderful place to stay. The food and the entertainment was good and the staff was very friendly and extremely courteous. The beach was beautiful, but you had to be careful where you stepped in the water because of the rocks. Hotel room and pool were great as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Scorpio2526
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I spent a week at Dreams Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for my future in laws 50th anniversary. There was 16 people in our party, We had so much fun and there was so many activities for us and our children. The staff was over the top helpful and made us feel at home. The food was excellent in the assorted restaurants at the resort. There were several staff members that will be memorable for the rest of our lives. You have to have the "Coffee Boy" experience. He was entertaining and humorous and he made a awesome cup of coffee. The restaurants did all they could to make sure we sat together be it one large table or two near by each other. They just asked us to arrive early, being that we had small children with us this was not a problem at all. The rooms were kept well stocked and impeccably cleaned every day. I plan on returning to this resort within the next couple of years because we had that much fun.

Room Tip: A swim out room allows you to lounge by the pool in front of your room.
4 Thank pfc263
Cranfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just back from two weeks at Dreams Punta Cana with my mum and two younger sisters, and I have had the holiday of a lifetime!
Rooms---The rooms were very good, just the right size and had very good air conditioning. Also the maid cleaned the room spectacularly every single day and also came around in the evening with the 'sundial' newsletter and chocolate, and she also asked if you wanted fresh towels AND if you wanted your bed re-done again!
Food---The food was absolutely amazing! There was food there to suit everyone's taste-buds. And the waiters etc in the restaurants were always eager and ready to help you if there was any problems.
Kids club---The kids club was very good, my six-year-old sister had a blast! There was different activities everyday and the kids were always up to something. They also had discos, movies and camping nights for the kids in the evening which was spectacular.
Entertainment---The entertainment was absolutely amazing! The entertainment team were the happiest and funniest people I have ever met in my life! They had foam parties, Mexican parties and all sorts of things going on all day, and in the evening, the shows they had were brilliant! Big thank-you to all the entertainment team for making our stay wonderful and full of fun!!
The only disappointing thing was the beach with the seaweed, but there was always people down there trying their best to get rid of it, but to be honest, I'm not a big beach fan anyways, it was more my younger sisters and my mum.

Dreams Punta Cana really is excellent and I recommend this hotel to anyone and I also hope to be returning to it soon!

5 Thank ChloeMcDonald123
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2012

If you are contemplating staying at Dreams Punta Cana...do yourself a favor and GO!!
This is a wonderful resort with fantastic service, wonderful food and beautiful surroundings. I just had my wedding there last week (July 2012) and it was truly a dream come true. The staff works extreemly hard at making sure all aspects of your vacation are excellent. We had a party of 60 people for the wedding and they all had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and comfy.
3 Thank Lis V