The resort is stunning!!! This is a great spot for families. The Explorers Club is absolutely amazing, the kids really enjoyed their time, which provided for guilt free adult fun. There were lots of daytime activies on the resort, but the best ones were off the resort. The first issue arose when one of my 30 guests had money stolen out of their safe. They reported it to find another complainant not in our party with money, a phone and a laptop stolen out of their room. The Customer service desk said they would look into it, but offered no remedy to either guest and when followed up both found the report to be missing. This was extremely upsetting considering we had all of our cash for the wedding and two week trip in our safe $3500 of which to pay for the wedding cerimony.
About the wedding experience.
Our welcome letter was not addressed to us. We did later recieve one that was. There are no extra's included in the packages so be prepaired to pay $100 for each bouque and $50 for every extra coursage etc...The ceremony was beautiful, but there are about 3 weddings per day so don't expect any special treatment on your wedding day. I know this because we were there for two weeks and there was a constant flow of weddings. The salon is great if you like hearing people gab in spanish for an hour while you get your hair done. Durring the reception it started to rain, but the coordinator had left... plan B was to put us in a restaurant with the other hotel guests....Luckily for us the rain stopped, which happens a lot in dominican. Our wedding favours were stolen by the staff a long with the bouquets my sister had made for the brides maids. The photographer was terrible. There were only about 4/50 that were really great shots worthy of showing off and if we did want to purchase more it was $10 per shot. The wedding was beautiful, the reception dinner was amazing and the reception setting was also amazing. They provided microphone and sound system that were in good working order. The service however leaves much to be desired.
Our honey moon was great!!! We really did have an amazing time!! A great family destination, but leave your wedding to someone who cares, and leave your money at home.
PS.. Don't get duped into visiting the Zoltry it's a total scam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic