Last august me my husband and 14 year old daughter visited this hotel for two weeks- best holiday we have ever had! Perhaps this was due to the fact that this was our first all inclusive holiday as we usually go self catering but never again! It was also our first trip to the dominican and we would definatly go back!
Firstly we were a little concerned about our junior suites after hearing poor reviews but they were great. After all the holiday is not about the room as we were never in it. It was all we needed and the cleaning staff visited daily. Our mini fridge was replenished every day or two. Room service was also available which we did a few times and was delievered in around 20 minutes.
Next the pools, perfect as my daughter loves the water! It was huge stretching form one end of the pool to the other although it wasnt as deep as we would of liked. As the pool was so big there was plenty of room to do your own thing and not get in the way for anyone. The hotel also offered learner scuba diving in the pool each day although none of us did this as my daughter did a scuba diving excursion.
The hotel grounds were immaculate, staff always cleaing it. Every part of the hotel was so clean which is comforting in a foreign country. We did see a few wedding and I must say this place is perfect for them.
The beach was lovely although the only downfall was the rocks in the sea. My daughter loves the sea and this certainly did not stop her. Instead using the rocks to her advantage snorkelled and the fish amoung the rocks were fabulous. There is some sea weed on the beach but the hotel staff do their best to keep it clean. There is also a range of watersports offered a few at a minor price which my family used daily.
The food was fabulous, nothing like we would of expected for an all inclusive. The world cafe was great for breakfast as there was a fantastic range. We did not go here for dinner as we prefer non buffet. The chinse resteraunt was a regular for us but we got bothered by the loud people in the tepenyaki section. However we knew why they made such a fuss when we tried it. It was soo much fun, loved it but only got to do it once. The grill was lovely as was the seafood place. Unfortunatly we could not go to the french resteraunt as it was for adults only but we would of loved to try it.
Overall this was a brilliant holiday and would definately go again. We are not going there this year as we are not the kind of family who go back to the same place as we like to try different things. However it has definatly turned us all inclusive and we are trying the sensatori in Mexico next week. The only downfall was it being in the middle of no where but this did not matter to us as we like to do nothing and relax but there is plenty to keep you entertained. For those who like to venture out there is plenty excursions to go on. Definately reccoment it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic