“AMAZING, nothing else, amazing!!!”

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“AMAZING, nothing else, amazing!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Just landed home from our week away at the dreams punta cana resort and spa, IF I had to pick one word to describe the resort all around, it would be amazing.

From the time we arrived, the staff was very, VERY welcoming, they met us at the front of the resort with champaigne, and smiles, we arrived a bit early for check in and our room wasnt ready but we were prepared for that, we planned to tour the facilities get fimiliar with it then check in, there wasnt any time for that though, once they told us our room wasnt ready they told us to leave our bags with the bell hop with a little tag and go for lunch check out the pool and the beach or just lounge. We did lunch lol.

The restaurants were awesome, we first went to the world cafe which is the buffet, the food was like food you would get in a canadian buffet plus they had many many cultural choices from italy to china! We were greeted with hand sanitizer and smiling faces, one waiter in particular who called himself 'superwaiter' awesome guy, fastest waiter in there, and last night on our last night he was washing dishes but still came out to say goodbye, and made us a special drink. The seafood restaurant (Oceania) was great kinda small portions but if your not satisfied you can always order more. seaside grill was good too, they have daily specials not on the menu but they tell you what they are obviously. Done with food.

Entertainment,

the dreams entertainment definatly lives up to thier motto "good is not enough, we're excellent" they do 7 different shows, so nothing was repeated from country music night to disco to a true love game show type thing, the dancers are VERY talented, and they get the audience involved in any way they can, they speak almost perfect english and they are honestly amazing, one guy dances like Michael Jackson, to a T, he was so good my husband and I tipped him twice, not nessassary but we were just in awe of this kid. They had a circus show which was the best circus I saw in my life, clowns, fire breathers, acrobatics you name it they did it ten fold! The also joined you in the disco everynight to get the people dancing and having fun, taking the shy ones from the crowd teaching them how to dominican dance, booty shake, whatever they saw the people were having fun with, and no one ever declined. The had tons of compititions during the day at the pool area, dance comps to running here and there finding and catching things, very fun. For resort entertainment awesome, you would pay for shows like this in canada, and there its to make you have fun for free!!

Grounds:

Pool closes at 7pm, no one tells you to get out, but around that time it was dinner and people just left the pool, as soon as everyone was out they groundskeepers cleared it from towels, bathing mats, flotation devices, anything in there they put out and away, after that they washed the ENTIRE deck, chlorined the pool, and every morning you would see them in there with brooms/mops scrubbing the pool down inch by inch. The beach was cleared from seaweed and whatever else reached shore all day long back and forth the people would go with thier rakes, just cleaning it all for your enjoyment. The last night we were there some deuchebag dropped his beer glass and it shattered all over, having kids running around all day long barefoot I went to find someone to clean it up and by the time i got back (maybe 4 minutes) someone was already cleaning it. anytime you saw a mess it was gone in a flash, very clean. Room maids were so friendly, if you left your clothes lying around they wouldnt move it but clean around it, Im guessing its proper not to touch your stuff? either way rooms were always as if you just checked in. We left our maid a small bag of cosmetics and she jumped up and down thanking us, very touching. Left us a bottle of rum too the next day.

The excursions we went on were great, exactly what you'd hope for when your paying for it. But thats a review you have to get for yourself!

All around the place is amazing, were going back indefinatly, no bad things to say, sounds like im being paid to say this but im not, My husband and I took our first vacation in 7 years married and I couldnt ask for anything better than this vacation!

Room Tip: definatly go to every nightly show
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,850)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Mavrovo, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed April 8, 2011

My stay was excellent. The staff was also excellent, for example kelvin was the best guy at the core zone and made my stay excellent. Also Victor Veronica and Ralfi were excellent entertainment staff which made my day even better. Would defiantly go back just to see the staff again!

Room Tip: The suites are a good deal.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2011

The Staff, resort,food drink, beach and pool were all great, we enjoyed our holiday very much and would love to go back! Watching all the Humpback whales breach from the beach was an added highlight! Willy was a great friend, we miss you all.
I now understand why they said welcome home when we arrived.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 7, 2011

As a Travel Agent, in order to sell resorts and hotels confidentially, I make it my business to know my product. I cannot always get the opportunity to actually spend a week or even one night at the resorts that I see but I at least take a tour and see the rooms so that I can make an informative suggestion to my clients. I had a group of women who chose to stay at the Dreams Punta Cana but because of the reviews on this site, they were very hesitant. I decided to go see it for myself. The negative reviews were so off on this property! I explained to the manager who gave me the tour that they had poor ratings from Trip Advisory so I wanted to see the rooms that were refurbished and those that were not. The ones that were refurbished of course were gorgeous. But the ones that were not were just as nice! What you see on their web site is what I saw with my own eyes! Now again, I didn't actually sleep in the beds and experience it but I would have had not problem doing that based on what I saw. I did stay at the Dreams Palm, the other Dreams property. I was very comfortable there. See my review on that one.
The entire resort was clean and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. I found that to be the case at all of the 7 resorts I visited during that trip.
What I really liked about the Dreams Punta Cana was the area for children. I had my own 9 year old son in mind while touring. He would love this property. The play area for kids is big. They have a huge basketball and tennis court. It was so spread out that kids could tire themselves! Kids of all ages would have a ball!
I'm looking forward to going back to this resort!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Bermerican4
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Dreams Punta Cana was amazing. The food was great and the ambience was perfect! I was very happy that I was able to get my favorite drink - pineapple juice with malibu coconut rum! It was such a pleasant surprise to be able get better liquor at this resort. I traveled with my two teenage daughters and they had a blast. We loved going to the disco and dancing the night away. DJ Tuto was the best! My daughters also loved dancing with the animation team guys. Although I was a little worried about their intentions with my daughters. The only downfall was the windy weather at this time of the year.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
montreal
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This hotel was amazing ! the food, the rooms, the beach, the service, everythign was beyond wonderful ! The entertainment was outstanding! There were always great activities and fun stuff to do ! Hello to all of you ! JC, Ranfi, Wilbert, Hector, Rafael (you will be missed! :( ) , all the dancers, djs, YOU GUYS WERE AWESOME ! Thanks for a great vacation ! We hope to see you again soon !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Upon arrival at the Dreams Resort, my friends and I were very, very impressed. The hotel staff greeted us with smiles and a great glass of wine. I enjoyed the activities on the resort. Not having to leave the resort for more fun was so worthwhile. The entertainers seem to really love their job. They entertained with such enthusiasm, and brought such life from the audiences. The restaurant cooks, greeters, and others were also great.....as well as the food. We ate in a different restaurant each night and the food everywhere was wonderful. The resort grounds were beautiful and well-maintained, and that gave us a great sense of comfort. The pool-side activities were awesome!! If I had more time, I think I would've spent a whole day in my beautiful, comfortable room just relaxing and winding down from so much fun. The saddest part was when it was time to depart Dreams. I just absolutely loved it, and cannot wait to get back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
operacionesdrepc, Dreams Punta Cana at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dreams experience with other future travelers. We are happy to read that you and your friends loved your stay with us and are considering returning.

On behalf of the staff, we will await your return to your home away from home.

Best Wishes,