“Amazing Vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Amazing Vacation”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

we had such an amazing vacation at the royalton puna cana. This resort is a 5 star. having travelled to many other resorts, this one was one of the best. everything was decorated so beautifully, and the grounds were immaculate. rooms are very modern, clean and look exactly like they do in the pictures. we traveled as two couples in their late 20s, who went to relax, drink and have fun. the martini bar is a great place to have pre dinner drinks and of course after dinner drinks. Aurilio and Angel are superstars, they always have a smile on their face. their service is very fast and they make amazing martinis! if you enjoy watching sports, their sports bar is a great place, big screen tvs everywhere, they will play whatever sporting event you would like. all of the restaurants are great, but hunters steak house and the japanese restaurant are the best. you can even sit at the sushi bar without a reservation and have as much sushi as you want, and its actually very good!
George works at the japanese restaurant and he took such great care of us, truly an amazing person. The buffet is great, a lot of choices, with smoked salmon, capers and cream cheese bagels for breakfast! we never once had to get up to get a drink while laying by the pool, because Wanda was always on top of it. Again another amazing staff memeber at the royalton, she works so hard. we are pool people but went to the beach a few times and always found chairs. the pool one of us got up at 8 am and reserved some chairs, we were there on a full resort and even stil there was always chairs. the daybeds get reserved very early, im talking about 5am early, but they arent really nessecary unless you have small kids.
we didnt see a benefit of the diamond club because there were always chairs available and we got premium alcohol with the regular bracelet. a lot of people are very cheap when it come sto tipping! no wonder why no one wants to serve you before the people who actually tip! just because you are in the dominican doesnt mean you shouldnt tip! they work very hard for their money here. For all the people who complained about this resort, well they are the people who will complain anywhere they go to either get free stuff or just because they are miserable with life. whether you are a family, a couple, or a group of friends, this resort is a wonderful place. if you want music, bring a ipod dock because its a quiet resort. coffee shop was great and burgers by the pool were awesome. i would return to this resort in a heartbeat. if you have any questions feel free to contact.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Deanna K
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Deanna K.,

Firstly, the entire team of Royalton Punta Cana want to thank you for sharing your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really happy to read words as nice as yours. To know that our staff and service have exceeded your expectations encourages us to keep working day by day to maintain this proposal of high level that we want to achieve.

We will be glad to welcome you back again. We are at your disposal for anything you need.

Royalton Punta Cana & Memories Splash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,776)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just got back from 2wks staying at the Royalton .The Hotel Staff were great and there are plenty of them. The Hotel itself looks fantastic after its make over. Down side is memories is the cheaper sister hotel without a beach so they all come by the lorry load to Royalton which means not enough loungers for all and makes the place to busy and noisy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank BillyK410
Dear BillyK410,

Firstly, thank you so much for selecting Royalton Punta Cana for your holidays and thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send to Trip Advisor your positive comments.

Your constructive and criticism comments have been reported and they will be taken into account in the future. We will continue working to improve our services, as our top priority is to provide the best experience our guest.

We are at your complete disposal.
Kind regards.

Balcombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Despite only re-opening as the Royalton last November, the hotel has settled in well and is an outstanding place to stay. Staff are all very friendly and even if at times they may lack the final touch that more experience at the resort will give them they all do an excellent job. The restaurants (there are 6 of them) are all extremely good with the possible exception of the Tapas Bar where the tapas was not as we know it in Europe and the paella was tasteless. The rooms are large, well appointed with everything one could need. Even with the hotel nearly full a bed chair could always be found on the beach. If one were to critcise, it would be that there need to be more chairs and tables in the area in the centre of the complex which currently has none and as a result when there is an outdoor show in that area there is nowhere to sit to watch it.
I would go back to The Royalton, Punta Cana tomorrow if I could.

Mike & Anne
Sussex, UK

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mike_anne_anderson
Dear mike_anne_anderson,

First of all, thank you so much for selecting Royalton Punta Cana for your holidays, it is a big pleasure to read this wonderful opinion about our hotel. And of course, thanks for sharing it on Trip Advisor.

Guest Satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again next year. We will be very pleased to welcome you.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I visited back towards the end of January and from start to finish our stay was perfect. Nothing to fault at all! The staff were fabulous and could not do enough to help! The hotel and its surroundings are absolutely beautiful!. The beach is also probably the best I have ever visited!

The food was fab! I would like to give a special mention to Luis our cleaner, he was brilliant and such a genuinely nice lad! I would also like to give a mention to Alberto the bar man excellent service provided by both.

Be sure to do the Outback Safari trip it is fantastic you get a real feel for the Dominican culture!

P.S please bring plenty of 1 dollar notes to tip Staff as i am sure you are already aware the Dominican wage is not very high and therefore a couple of Dollars tip here and there can really help!

We will be returning!

Regards

Demetrio Valenti

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank DValenti2014
Dear DValenti2014,

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Hi I'm staying right now at the royalton,a couple of things I'm disappointed with are there is no involving guests after the show like they used to have a theme dance now nothing..the enterment guys are always on alert because there supervisor watches them all the time and they seem like they don't have fun with the guests anymore..This is the third time to this resort first for royalton yes they made it nice but it seems uptight the entertainment team mostly they always say my boss is watching if they talk to you for more than 10 mins..coming back 3 times you would think you would get perks nothing yet..we told the maid in my sisters room 1045 that the to let is leaking still leaking. Well here till march 15 we will see how it go's to make me come back.thanks sherry suthons

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank sherry s
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear sherry s.,

Thank you for taking time to report your recent experience at Royalton Punta Cana, we are really happy to read your feedback on TripAdvisor about your recent visit.

Your positive feedback is very much appreciated. We can assure you we always try to do everything as possible to create enjoyable experiences to our guests, and we will consider all your comments like a great value that help us to improve.

It would be a pleasure for all of us to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
Athol, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hello all ! I vacationed with my husband & 9 yo daughter.Feb.1-7 2014 Upon arrival check in went very quickly - wrist bands given and off we went! They held our luggage we were early...upon returning at the time they asked us to, our room was assigned, however it was not the ocean view which we paid for however after about another half hour they(saint) found us a room ! Thank you! Room was very clean & nice.I have 3 concerns with the room though...1. Safe not bolted down 2. The "dead bolt" is useless! It opens with door key! NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT!! 3. Not enough drawer space! But room was awesome! TV& ac worked. Our mini fridge got refilled at least 2x but never really seems well stocked. Loved our cleaning lady! She did an incredible job and was soo sweet! Thank you Yaniris! We ordered room service 3-4x Always great food-service and timing....15-25 min. Max! A special thank you to Juan Jarvis, through chit chat while setting up our RM service food nicely found out my bday was the following Saturday....he came back with a cake & bottle of champagne & a happy birthday note! Thanx again! Really appreciated that!! Hotel itself is gorgeous clean clean & modern! Casino small but is entertaining! Seen a show of gymnastics that was awesome! Listened to a band a couple nights from my balcony that were pretty good! A few nice shops...and a photo shop...this brings me to THAT experience....OK shortest version possible...found out I could book a photo shoot session for no charge you just purchase the photos you want for 10-20$ each or do the more economical thing and get a pkg. Deal. I did not want the package deal it 400$! Also wanted nothing to do with a CD I just wanted the ones I chose to be printed I wanted actual photos to go home with! Shouldn't be a problem right? Well when our photographer wasn't listening to what I wanted and was arguing with me&giving me a hard time because I didn't want the CD or pkg. My claws came out! It was my last full day of vacation & I was missing the sun! So I told him forget it! Keep the pictures! That's when Scarlet stepped in! LOVE this girl! She was always In the photo shop workin' the counter....thank god! She let me take my time while choosing pics out of the 70 or so photos! Unlike my photographer who once annoyed with the fact of not pkg deal kept saying"come on hurry up let's do this quick then" anyway after all was said and done we spent 180$ on really great photos! Me & my photographer made nice...sort of anyway...I'm not into ruining peoples lively hood so I will not mention names! Great photographer...bad salesman! Oh well no ones perfect! Onward! Beach -stunning as usual! It is quite full but what can ya d0? Beach service was great! Pools are great! Swim up one is the best! Great bar tenders! I'm soo upset I can't recall the names! Maybe one was German? And Adriano? Crap! Too many yummy drinks...-.memory loss! Food was great! We ate at zen one night,then the other 5nights ate at Hunters...all but our last night the food& service was perfect! Our last night loonnggg wait,seemed weird my steak was still alive..-.ugh! Just an off night I guess. Breakfast buffet was good and loved our server Ricardo(I hope that's his name...) towel game is true....water park is awesome clean&safe!...trolley comes around very quickly! Lobby is beautiful, drinks good top shelf available. One thing that was very confusing was the phone calls depending on who you talked to it went only Canada was free, or canada & USA free..I called USA once - no charge at check out! Speaking of which went smoothy had the pleasure of dealing with Yaritza! Such a sweet professional woman!! Hated leaving the resort,me & my daughter actually cried! Would highly recommend and hope to return!

Room Tip: Ocean view building 3 was great!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank lovepalmtrees_10
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear lovepalmtrees_10,

First of all, thank you so much for selecting Royalton Punta Cana for your holidays, it is a big pleasure to read this wonderful opinion about our hotel. And of course, thanks for sharing it on TripAdvisor.

We are very proud to know that your last experience at Royalton Punta Cana, exceeded your expectations. As you know our principal goal is to give you our best service, make your vacation exclusive and unforgettable. Your comments will help us with our continuing effort to assure our Guest Satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again next year. We will be very pleased to welcome you.

New Brunswick
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I travelled to the Royalton Punta Cana last week for 8 days... I had read many great reviews and I was also not disapointed. Ive travelled to punta cana twice before and this was my fav (Riu and Ocean blue and sand) We did do the adult only pool and the diamond club. The resort was new and looked great. It was small...everything was close and thats what i like! We arrived at 2am and we did not get our personal check in with the diamond club as I guess they are not open past 11pm. So ya wait in the line with the rest of the people. We were then taken to our room and right away we ordered room service! It was so nice to have that option.
The next morning we were introduced to our Butler Santiago and he gave us a tour of the resort. He was awesome. We did ask to try and be switched rooms as we were in building two on the ground floor and I enjoy to be up higher with a balcony. But after several days of trying he was unable to get us switched as the hotel was booked. Which was no big deal as our room was still gorgeous and stil had seats outside. Also he booked us our reservations for the a la cartes. Everyone that did not have diamond club would just wait in line, or be given a buzzer until they were able to get into the a la carte. Santiago made reservations for us for where we wanted for the week! He was always there if we needed anything. Grab us towels in the morning. Get us food. Whatever we needed, he was never far away!
The food was great. It actually had taste. The only negative thing I can say about the food is that it was never hot. Only semi warm. No matter if they just brough it out or not. But it did taste good. Best ive had at any resort yet. Also at the buffet I wish they had self serve for beverages. As alot of the time you would be 3/4 done your meal before they would bring you what you wanted to drink. Even fill the glasses with water. But really not a huge deal, as when they did bring it, it was with a smile and friendly service.
A great thing, and also a bad thing was the towels. There was none of the trade one towel for another. There was as many as you wanted available all day. But as this was great for yourself it also sucked cause everyone just left there towels on the chairs and you never knew if the chair was taken or if someone just didnt bother to take their towel..
The saving lounge chairs did happen alot. We did save beds in the adult section each night. As it was the only way to get one. There was plenty of chairs always available in this section tho. Never did I walk in and not be able to find several. Also the diamond club was great cause on the beach there was always chairs available. But if you want a bed, youre gunna have to get up at like 5am. I also noticed before we left alot of people were just saving them at night.
Depending on how much extra you will pay for the diamond club I dont know if its worth it. It was nice. But depends on the price. You will still have a great time even if you dont get it. It did say early check in and late check out. But... we had to check out at noon and our flight was not that night till 2am. We did ask for a late check out but they were unable to provide us with it. So it was a long day with no room. But they do have rooms in the lobby where you can shower and get ready.
The entertainment at night was decent. If anything this is one thing that could be improved. Some nights it was outside in the plaza. And there really is no seating out there. Most times people just had to sit on the ground. The theatrea was nice and large with many seats. The nights the entertainment was in there it was great.
Also there was always hot water (other resorts around supper time it would be cool) the fridge was restocked every day... and the room was always cleaned by the time we were done for the day by 5pm. Every night they would come and ask if we needed more towels and also give us chocolates!! The beds were to die for.. and ohhhh the pillows.. I slept better there then at home.
I had a massage done at the spa. It was nice as well. And with the diamond club you can use the hydrotherapy room. Which is a hot tub in the spa. We took advantage of that a few times. Spa was very nice!!!
We had great weather the entire week. I have never went back to the same resort. But I would return to this one! The overall service was awesome, even tho english was not the best.

Room Tip: rooms in building three facing the pools are nice swim up rooms in building six i think it was were...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank jenanna28
Dear jenanna28,

We would like to thank you personally for sharing on TripAdvisor your kind feedback about your stay at Royalton Punta Cana.

We appreciate to hear that we have been able to meet your expectations and that our location and facilities have contributed to a wonderful holiday in our hotel.

It is a great pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed our resort. We hope to have you back soon enjoying Royalton Punta Cana.
Kind Regards,

Memories Splash Punta Cana
Memories Splash Punta Cana
#37 of 112 in Punta Cana
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa

Been to Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!