“Fantastic”

Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro
Ranked #61 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very grand hotel complex would highly recommend a visit, never seen a cleaner hotel, staff carn't do enough for you and entertainment is second to none, good variety of food in main diningroom but you also have a choice of 8 other different ones ranging from Japanese, French and Italian to name just a few which you can book free of charge 4 a week, had a fantastic time try it.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank spudn
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Spudn,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience and for mentioning our clean Resort, friendly staff, good food, and entertaining shows.

We hope to welcome you once again for more days to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities in our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Dominican Republic

Best regards,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,228)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We went to grand bahia principe on 10 sept 2013. We were automatically upgraded to hacienda diamond club which was a nice surprise. We found this resort to be absolutely beautiful.
Rooms
Our room was exceptionally clean .well furnished and decorated. Bed was comfortable n big. Bathroom was ultra clean, fresh towels n shower gels when needed. Power shower n jacuzzi bath. Plenty if wardrobe space iron n ironing board. Umbrella for rainy days. Ciffe machine n tea bags n coffee bags for filter machine. Would of preferred milk to coffee crem. But uf you adk nicely down at yhe snack bar by the beach they will give you a caryon of milk. Fridge well stocked each day with beer water orangeade coke n coke light n 7up. Tv in room had plenty of channels most in spanish but good film channel.
Excellent standard. Not always what I liked but I always gound food to eat in buffet.
Al a carte. We did fish, japanese, garden grill Italian. All were very tasty my favourite was Japanese.
Grounds and pools
Stunning grounds n pools were clean n plenyu if sun beds. Swim up bars staffed well their englush was as good as my spanish. But we muddled through with broken spanish signs n pointing all added to the fun. Please state how much rum u want otherwise you may not be able to leave pool standing. Very generous with rum or any spirit.
Cleanliness was second to none disinfecting the pathways. Never seen that before. Public wash rooms spotless n attractive. Hand sanitizing gel everywhere.
Beach
Awesome.

Nightlife
Plenty to see in shows or just hang out in the many bars
Shops
Expensive n you need yo haggle. Orices shoukd be in dollars and Dominican peso but isn't. Always add your purchases up yourselves to ensure they dony take advantage. Dollars is seaier than peso if you changw your money (sterling or sterling travellers cheque) it will be in to peso not dollars. Always get a safe

Excursions
Plentifull n varied and hood value for money
Definitely be going back to this resort staff friendly and helpfull

The train/bus.
Every 5-6 min cant see how anyone can complain about these

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sarah D
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Sarah,

For all our team working is satisfying to know that we provided you an amazing vacation since the check in till check out and to read that you will never forget your vacation. . At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your stay become an unforgettable experience.
We would like to cater you once again and continue demonstrating our commitment and quality of service we have exhibited through the years.

Thank you for recommending us and for sharing your nice photos with other on TripAdvisor.
Looking forwarded to welcome you for second time in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana

Best regards,

Barrie, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro, Punta Cana, The staff were very helpful. Any help needed they were there. The rooms were cleaned twice a day. the gardens were beautiful. Food was amazing, don't forget to try out Mama Juana, a Dominican's native drink, you will talk and dance like a Dominicans after several shots of Mama Juana. The shows were amazing, especially Michael Jackson show, it brings back the good old days..the 80's rocks! The beach is so clean and well organized; everyone works so hard to make it a memorable stay at the resort. Had a great time. Loved it.

Room Tip: If possible, try to book the room on the ground floor because there is no elevator, and close by the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Keith128
Dear Guest,

I We would like to thank you for bringing in to our attention your comments about your experience in our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro. It is a pleasure to know that you had an amazing and memorable holidays and to read that you were stood with the friendly and attentive service provided by our staff. We are proud to hear that you were delighted with our typical Dominican drink mamajuana.

Thank you for recommending us Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Dominican Republic

We are looking forward to welcome you soon!

Dallas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This resort is a great, reasonable priced resort that provides a relaxing vacation with nice beach, pool, rooms, and activities. The food was well prepared and offered a variety. We only ate at the snack bars or buffets, but there was always something to meet our needs. The service was great everywhere on the resort. The landscaping and resort grounds were beautiful. The tram service was a great way to quickly get around the resort. Great trip for the price.

Room Tip: Room choice doesn't really matter because the tram service gets you everywhere quickly. We opte...
3 Thank Kim G
Dear Kim,

We are very pleased to know that you experience a great family relaxing trip Your suggestions will be appreciate for all readers. We are very pleased to know that yo enjoyed our amazing room,nice beach, pool and activities.

We hope to welcome you soon and provide you once again a great vacation Family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Billed as a 5 star by our travel agents, I think it was a 4 star, only because certain minor details made it so for example quality of service, good but not 5 star.

First - Does size matter - The resort is big and yes it can be daunting but as many have already mentioned you will get used to it in a day or two, enjoy it. They have big golf styled buggies to get you around, 4-6 mins from one end of the resort to the other.

LOBBY - Majestic, I know my father-in-law felt like a king it was so wonderful. Massive, clean and just made your start to your holiday magical.

POOLS - Great, clean and not too much chlorine. The largest is at the front on the beach area, not that noisy but then again we went in their low season (September 3rd to 17th 2013). At this pool they have many activities for you to join in, if you don't the staff try and rope you in, it can be funny to watch people running away as they don't want to participate but it's all taken in good spirit and if you really don't want to take part it's ok the staff will leave you alone, except for the bikini contest that was hilarious. Drinks a plenty and the bar staff seem to have a knack of remembering what drink you last had...Guys also come around twice daily to take pictures of you with certain animals/reptiles, like snakes/lizard or spider monkey, the photo is quality and in colour 8x6cms and cost $10.00 each although you cannot barter, you are not obliged to buy and no pressure.

GROUNDS - Stunning and so well kept, really is tropical and wonderful to see, nothing appeared out of place.

ROOMS - Quite good. Spacious enough and clean. I would advise you to contact the hotel 7-10 days before you travel as you may get a room or building you prefer, we stayed in villa 20 right at the front and was great. All the main amenities are at the beach end. Upgrade to Diamond if you can many little perks. Ask the hotel for a map of the complex before you go, they will email it.

RESTAURANTS/FOOD - As Diamond club members we have 4 A La Carte dinings per week as well as being able to use the buffet. Gents must wear long trousers (pants to our USA?Canadian friends) to be able to enter the French Gourmet restaurant, they do let you borrow a pair on the door if you forget your own but who has been in the before you.....
Food is good in the buffet and bars but get sort of drab after a week as it is always the same. Restaurant A La Carte food is better, Japanese is a must as well as Italian. We were told French was great but couldnt make it. BBQ Buffet waste of time, not BBQ at all just what you
could eat at lunch, boring...All restaurants and the buffet are air-con. Snack bars by the large pool x 2 are open air and over looking the sea. Book your A La Carte restaurants in advance..

ENTERTAINMENT - During the day you couldn't help but laugh as the staff are so enthusiastic you get carried away with their dancing and how the chase after guests to play their games...By the largest pool they even play bingo, they call it "BINGO-BONGO" time, hilarious. If you participate in any of the games, bikini/arm wrestling, bingo-bong, boules etc the winners get a prize later that night at the shows. Our group of nine won three medals, a t-shirt and a bottle of mamwana (can't spell that one). Live shows at 9.15pm every night from Mr or Miss Bahia to the Michael Jackson show or 70s boogie nights.

BEACH - Very nice and warm and on some days it is like a bath, crystal clear. Sure there is a little seaweed but when it washes on the shore the local guys try and clean most of it up before you are awake and through the day. No rush for sunbeds, plenty around but again we went 3-17 Sep.

TRADERS - They are mainly on the beach and try to sell you shells and cigars and wooden figures, really barter well, as an example our friends paid $15.00 for a conch (sea shell), they wanted $40.00 to start. Anyway I went 2 days before we left and got TWO for $15.00, if you really can beat that let me know...BARTER BARTER and BARTER....

TIPPING - Massive incentive for locals. Generally as a rule in UK we don't really tip, now and then maybe but not usually. I was told it is more customary to tip abroad so took a few extra USD and it really made a massive difference. I will try this in the UK next time we got out.

OTHER - Mini golf, a bit run down and could do with moving as it is quite a way away from most things. Footie or soccer for those across yonder pond and tennis, again a little poor in terms of upkeep.

MY TIP - Just go and enjoy it for what it is - A great place with fun, relaxation and damn good value for money (For my UK folks, we got 14 nights all inclusive for £1020 each and that was 3-17 Sep and upgrade to Diamond club....Make sure you contact the resort to book your A La Carte meals, saves time and disappointment. Enjoy it folks...

Room Tip: Contact the hotel 7-10 days before you arrive to get a villa/room of your choice although no guarant...
4 Thank Taff G
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Taff,

For all our team working is satisfying that you enjoyed our facilities and services. Please be assured that we value all feedback since is the best way we have to evaluate our daily performance.

Hoping to see you soon in our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The amazing complex has several buffet and themed (Grill, French, Italian, Japanese) a-la-carte restaurants.Overall food is fresh and varied. The buffet restaurants have excellent chefs and thematic days (i.e. Mexican, Spanish, Mediterranean, etc) that provide exiting flavors to the most demanding tastes especially at lunch and dinner (breakfast can be boring if you eat there too many times). There are 15 pools and a water park, constantly cleaned to perfection and the barmen are always ready and willing to provide outstanding service (kudos to Alberto and Wilson). The reception is probably a bit understaffed (low season?) but they are always professionals and happy to be of service (Luisa is worth mentioning here). The beach was not among the best I have seen.

2 Thank FrankVelunza
Dear Frank.

Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff, especially Luisa, Alberto and Wilson they will be very happy to learn that they were able to contribute in creating a great vacation for you. It is an honor to know you enjoyed unforgettable holiday in our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro.
We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Kindest regards,

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had an amazing trip, and wonderful experience at this lovely resort. We were extremely pleased with the food, beautiful beach and the staff. The grounds are impeccable; everyone works so hard to ensure you have a favorable vacation! I would have had one of the best vacations ever had my luggage not disappeared. I was travelling with 3 other family members. We all brought our luggage to the transfer bus going to the airport returning home. When we arrived at the airport, my luggage was not on the bus???? The airline tour rep that I was hoping would help me out did nothing in my opinion. He first told me that I didn't load my bag....no one puts their bag on the bus. It's always loaded by staff.....I don't know why he said that. Then he said that I didn't bring it to the bus. I sure did, it was with my 3 family members luggage.. I then asked if he'd call the resort. He said he didn't have the phone number. Well I did, so then his next excuse was he didn't have a calling card with him to use his phone, but he did offer to get me a taxi at a cost of $60.00 so I could go back and check.....What ?????I wasn't going to miss my plane. I ended up leaving Punta Cana with out my luggage. Once I landed I made some calls. The resort said it wasn't left there? Its not the airlines fault, and as for the airline tour operator? well I'm sure I wont get far with that either. My advice is make sure your luggage is on the bus and take a picture of it. Then when you get to the airport and they ask you to remain on the bus till they have bags unloaded, DO NOT !Get off the bus and watch them. I don't know if that is when it went missing.

3 Thank Shawna G
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Shawna,

Thank you for bringing into our attention your observations concerning your visit to Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro.We are glad to read that there were some aspects you find worth to mention, like the food, beautiful beach and the staff.

We sincerely regret if the circumstances that you have mentioned may have affected your vacation experience. About the inconvenience we suggest contacting your agency and investigate the possibility of finding the luggage.

We regret that your vacation overall image may have been tarnished with the situation transpired.

Sincerely hope to welcome you back in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Kindest regards,

Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 112 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro? Share your experiences!