“Satisfactory in Paradise”

Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro
Ranked #61 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks at the diamond club apartments (near the beach) and had a very enjoyable stay. Went with a large party of 10 using 4 rooms, all of them in the same block and close together which was great.

Beach was lovely, constantly being maintained by staff. Pool area was fairly clean, both have warm water so no chance of being cold.

Food was great sometimes and average on other days, the main talking point of our holiday along with the service. Top marks for japanese, mediterranean and italian a la cartes, buffet at lobby was good and catered for everyone. Let downs were the beachside bbq (just a scaled down buffet) french and garden grill (This all depends on what you order of course).

Service was much the same, very good usually but pretty bad on the odd occasion.

Room was dark but had everything you needed, huge comfortable bed, powerful shower with jacuzzi bath, coffee maker, 100 tv channels, tiny ironing board but the iron was amazing for a travel size one, almost wanted to take it with me! Fridge always stocked and our maids were excellent. I proposed to my girlfriend and a few days later they decorated our room with flowers and balloons which was a wonderful suprise!

Overall a huge place that is beautiful but you get a bit lost amongst the many other guests.

You will have a great time!

6  Thank dtango69
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Client,

We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we are glad you appreciated the surprise we prepared.

Enjoy an all-inclusive holiday as a couple with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again in paradise!

There are newer reviews for Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two weeks and could not fault nothing the food was amazing the rooms were amazing hotel staff from cleaners to reception staff were all very kind and helpful the pools are beautiful and the sea is a 5 second walk you will never go Hungary or thirsty on this holiday there is food 24/7 and drink there is lots to do in the hotel and I would definitely do the excursions they were amazing memories that will stay forever the entertainment was great there is something for every one hear and you will not be disappointed!!

4  Thank Louboy3

Dear Guest,

First of all, it is great to hear that you had the best two weeks of your life in our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro. Also, we are happy to learn that you enjoyed our all-inclusive program. In Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts we are passionate to serve and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Hope to welcome you once again in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in the Dominican Republic.

Kind greetings,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were a party of 13 that had high expectations of this resort how disappointed we where it started with check in which took about an hour and the room wasn't ready for about 3 hours. when we did get the room there was only one bed and a sofa bed which had no sheets or pillows . rang reception on 3 occasions and eventually got some sheets [about 2hours later] also on 3 occasions the room keys wouldn't work and when your staying by the beach it is a long way back to reception to get them reset. 11 out of the 13 in our party had bad stomachs at some point during the holiday which we put down to the food either in the buffet by reception or the afternoon buffet by the pools as none of this food was hot at any point during the 14 days we were there . The beach is fabulous but the resort itself is way to big , a lot of holidaymakers but not enough staff & some of the staff are very unhappy especially the guy at the towel hut he was a nightmare. my mate and I were up most mornings at about 6.30 am sitting by the pool by the beach ,at no point during the 2 weeks did we see this pool being cleaned , there were plastic cups in the pool sand at the bottom of the pool the tiles around the pool and by the swim up bar were filthy. we will never return to this hotel as we have stayed in 2 far superior hotels than this the ocean sands and the iberostar dominicanus which are 4 star hotels , at the very most this hotel is 3 star . £1400 .00 each, what a waste of money so disappointed !

7  Thank charlie77101809
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Client,

Allows us inform you that on those days and taking into account the high occupancy, we cannot conclude that our hotel is the causative of your illness. Our hotel follows a very strict hygiene, quality and security program monitored by the international company Cristal.

We deeply apologize any difficulties you may have encountered. Thank you for sharing your observations which have been treated with great interest.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Arrived at the hotel reception area could not find our envelopes with reservation info etc, new ones were made. One of the rooms were not ready until an hour later. I had requested an adjoining room,this was not available, I was very disappointed since I had kids with me and I had made my reservation since early this year. I was told on that day, that there's no guarantee that I could have gotten the adjoining rooms. However after wasting the entire day fighting with management I was told to stop by the office at 1.00pm the following day to see if there was any available that day. Again, no guarantee. I wasted another day in order to get to the office at exactly 1. Pm. I did get the rooms, then of course wasted time moving out and in of rooms. Carlos, one of the managers was helpful with this. There were no reservations available for the specialty restaurants, which was horrible, it was my birthday that first day and we had to eat at the buffet.
Mosquitoes were a big problem. Hugh bug found in our room. Safe did not work at all. No chairs or towels at beach, we were told, that the resort was not prepared for such an influx of folks. We were basically asked and told we can upgrade for 35.00 per night per person. Everything was US dollars only,for that Americans should get special privileges. Foods were average, same every day. We did meet a few very special employees, special mention Angel and Miguel at the lobby bar. Our maid was very efficient, don't remember her name (villa 77).Entertainment at night was good, special mention to Elvin Santiago. Michael Jackson show was very good. This resort is hugh and unfortunately is and was not prepared for folks. Special privileges given to The Amber and Estrada villas. Everyone we spoke to around the resort, and on the trip back had the same concerns. Should be noted also, drinks were bottom shelf brand, had to pay for top shelf items. It should be noted, when advertising All Inclusive that there's an exception on the alcohol. Hopefully, amendments will be made in the near future and maybe with a gift voucher from you to compensate for my horrible birthday trip, I may be able to revisit.

3  Thank Lynette B
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Lynette,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the comments about your stay in our Hotel. We offer our sincere apologies for the situation you previously shared.

We are glad you find worth to mention our special employees, who will be happy with your comments.

Your opinion is one of our top priorities and all feedback from our guests is valued. We deeply regret any difficulties.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family and I just returned from 10 days at this resort and one thing that I am sure is that we will never return to this place. The service sucks, employees seem to hate tourist, long faces, never got any kind of service at the pool, when I request a vodka and orange juice the bar tender gave me ice and vodka and told me to get my own orange juice outside. This place is own by 5 corporations (but you don't know that) you are assigned to one cafeteria only, we made a mistake and walked into a different cafeteria the manager "Andy" refused to help us and told us to leave because we were not going to be serve there. We have trouble getting reservations at the a la cart restaurants. "all inclusive" we ate at one place breakfast, lunch and dinner, same food every day, we were able to get couple of reservations for the steak house and the Japanese restaurant. Our room and bathroom was full of mosquitos. We were full of mosquito bites, my grand daughter had an infection because of this. When I called to see if they can do something about the mosquitos they never came. Be careful if you go there.

7  Thank yvonne v

Dear Yvonne,

Our customer´s comments are very important for us. We deeply apologize not being able to cover your expectations and we regret any inconvenience encountered.

We reiterate our deepest apologies and we really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again in any of our hotels and be able to change any negative perception you may have about us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My cousin and I celebrated our birthday's here August 17-22 and it was great. The staff was wonderful especially Yocalis in Guest Services, and Angel Moya, Miguel, and Alcides at the Bar in the Bavaro main lobby.....they were THEBOMB.COM. The resort is huge, the grounds are amazing, and the rooms are so, so. The rooms can use some upgrading as far as the television and lightening, the rest I can live with. There was a smell in the room and I think it was the sewer. The fridge was stocked everyday, but I was hesitant to drink anything especially after I opened a pepsi and saw what looked like mold around the rim. I stocked up on some Evian water ($5 a bottle for large) in the lobby shop by the main lobby and coke ($2 a bottle) in order to avoid drinking the pops in the fridge. Although the resort is huge there are buses that will shuttle you around and they come to every bus stop every 10 minutes. I didn't enjoy the food, buffet or a la carte. I would recommend adding more guest service in the premier lobby, the wait to make, or cancel a reservation was ridiculous. I would definitely visit this resort again, the good definitely outweighed the bad. I enjoyed every moment I spent at this resort. Also, make sure you request washcloths because apparently they don't put them in your room unless you ask.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank JASMINE G

Dear Jasmine,

It is delightful to hear that you highlight the labor from our personnel, and pleasing to read that you had a wonderful time and a great birthday celebration.

Don´t hesitate to contact us prior arrival. We will be at your disposal for anything you may need.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in the Dominican Republic.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just returned from a week at this resort. The grounds and the beach are just beautiful. The entertainment was ok, although the Michael Jackson show was outstanding. The language barrier is steep, but maneageable. Now let me tell you why we will NEVER return to this resort. Like others, we had trouble getting reservations at the a la cart restaurants. After speaking with our Apple rep and then with guest services, we were given reservations at the Japanese and Italian restaurants. In the end, it really didn't matter. The food throughout this resort was just plain unsatisfactory! We did not have a good meal the entire time we were on the resort. The a la cartes were not much better than the buffet! I am not a foodie and I don't particularly have high expectations. From breakfast to lunch to dinner, our family of six was extremely disappointed.

6  Thank Linda L
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Linda,

We appreciate that you take the time to send us your comments which are very important for us. We are sorry for not being able to fulfill your expectations.

It is our sincere hope that you consider coming back to this Caribbean paradise in the Dominican Republic and enjoys all our facilities and services.

Receive a cordial greeting,

Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#85 of 112 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro? Share your experiences!