Just spent a lovely 2 weeks at this 'hotel', room was large, well furnished, air conditioned ( a must in Dom Rep) & the bed was the biggest i have ever seen! Its described as a hotel but really its a group of villas which is better for privacy, grounds are immaculate at all times. There's lots of swimming pools to choose from the ones near the beach get very busy & noisy but are well catered for with bars a snack restaurant, toilets etc. Fortunately there's several bus trains (free) running up & down the complex as its a bit of a hike if you happen to be at the other end of the resort . The beach is beautiful with shoreline palm trees, soft almost white sand we took a stroll up & down the beach past other hotels & the Bahia Principe defo has the best stretch. Evening entertainment was always good and..entertaining! Two shows are a must see The Michael Jackson show & the Circus of Dreams both stunning in different ways. Other shows had lots of audience participation which was always funny.
On a slightly sour note the food in the buffet restaurant can only be described as ok, there was a lot of choice but some exotic looking/sounding dishes turned out to be quite bland but you can't please all the people all the time.
Would i go back..yes but would like to try Cuba first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic