We just got back from spending a week at this resort. We have been to many places (resorts) and I have to say - this is the worst resort I have ever been to. I would never go back. The resort is too busy and they can't handle the number of people.
Here are a few points;
1. you have to wake up at 7 am in order to save a chair on the beach or pool;
2. if you dont get a towel for the beach by 8am they don't have anymore;
3. the resort is huge - there is alot of walking. This is not good for people who have small children or have medical issues. The bus is always full and it is difficult to get seats. Then you have to wait for the next one to come and hope it isn't full as well.
4. the staff refuse to speak english!
5. my daughter has food allergies and they couldn't understand - this was a huge issue for me.
6. 1 women at guest services looked like she would rather be somewhere else then helped my family and I book our 3 restaurants. We didn't get the ones we wanted as she said we were too big of a party (6 people).
7. if you want to watch the shows they put on - again you have to get there an hour before in order to get a seat.
8. the entertaiment guys are very inappropriate. They need to remember this is a FAMILY resort!
9. we had a leak in our bathroom ceiling that was dripping all over the floor and light fixture - we complaint 3 times.
10. harrasement from the sales people.
11. when you check out no one cares and asked if you were happy or says thank you.
I could go on but I am sure you get the idea..
the only good points;
1. the grounds are very well maintained - very clean
2. the food is good
3. the weather
4. Jose on the beach - he does a GREAT job! he keeps the beach so clean, always smiling - very nice guy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic