We had a great vacation in terms of weather, beach, pools, etc but there were so many things that bothered us.
1. The rooms are old so even though they're clean, the floors are stained and gross looking. The mattress and pillows were awful so it wasn't a restful sleep. My parents room had a bad smell to it and their shower was broken and when they called to complain no one cared and it didnt get fixed till the next afternoon.
2. We upgraded to Diamond club which was good because check in was fast and our rooms were closer to the beach. If you're far from the beach and pools you need to wait for a troller which sometimes took 10 mins to arrive. This was annoying because we have a toddler who was hungry and waiting to get to the lobby for meals was a pain if we were waiting too long.
3. The food was just ok. The buffets were easier for us because of the baby so we got to pick whatever we wanted but the flavours are just ok.
4. It's ridiculous that the restaurants are all booked by the time you arrive. They could barely give us 3 days unless we went really early or really late. But either way we enjoyed the buffet more cause there are more options.
5. The drinks were too sweet so we didn't love them.
6. The staff barely speaks english so it was hard to get what you wanted....like asking for milk for the baby for example.
7. If you tip the staff you'll get better service, for example tip your maid and she'll give you fresh towels everyday.
8. There are no chairs by the pool or beach unless you go put your towels on them before 8. If you show up at 9 you won't find anything.
9. We would have preferred a warmer pool but it wasn't freezing either like some places.
10. Overall it's very nice and well kept and the beach is wonderful but if you want great food and great service find someplace smaller because this place is just too big to keep everyone happy and taken care of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic