We were are GBP Bavaro for 1 week in late Nov - early December. The trip overall was good. Here are our thoughts on the good and not so good things about this resort
Beach: nice shallow beach. Not very windy so you can stay out for a long time as we did. The prime spots were taken early, but you could usually find a couple of chairs at any time. The snack bar was close and convenient
Room: good size rooms, cleaned very well by the staff. Minibar was stocked regularly as needed. Bathroom was also nice
Shuttle service: this is a huge resort, and the shuttle service was very regular. That being said, we chose to walk a lot of times just to get some activity! It only takes 8-10 minutes to walk from the beach to the lobby, so its not that far.
Food: standard level for an all inclusive. The main buffet was extensive, lots of fresh tropical fruit. The a la carte restuarants that we went to were good (BBQ grill, French, Steakhouse, Italian). My only complaint about the food is the timing of the main buffet. It does not open until 12:30, so we could not eat a quick lunch before we left the resort at 12:15. No other place was serving food either which is unusual for an all inclusive
Shows: all of them were quite good. The Michael Jackson show was the best!
Not so good:
Diamond Club: You do get separate check in and check out, and 1 extra a la carte but really not sure its worth the additional money. The rooms are closer to the beach if that is important to you. There is no separate area in the hotel, etc.
Watersports: Additional cost unless you want to do this yourself. For example, you can take a catamaran out yourself, but have to pay $35 if you need someone to take you on a ride. Since taking it out myself is not really and option, in effect this is an extra fee. Every other resort I have ever been to has included a person to take you on the ride.
Not a 5 star - the Ambar and Esmeralda are clearly higher end, but all the resorts on the property are classified as 5 star. The Bavaro clearly is not at the same level as the Esmeralda, so why is it also classified as a 5star along with Esmeralda? In my opinion, it is a 4 star resort at most.
Overall though, we had a good experience. Staff was friendly, resort was clean, and weather was warm! If I go back, it will be to the Esmeralda, not Bavaro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic