I have never been to Punta Cana and did lots of research in their resorts before committing to any one of them. That is when i realized that there is negative comments on every single one of them. Some people will never be happy with anything! I just went with a resort that had a higher positive ratio than negative. This is what i think of the resort:
Our flight was delayed 4 hours and only got to the resort at 2:30am, the receptionist was amazing! He was nice, made jokes and handled everything quickly so we could go to our room for a must needed rest.
I was quite surprised at the food, it is incomparable to the food in Cuba. Everything was fresh and had diversity for every taste. There is a children's corner where pasta, hot dogs, hamburgers and pizza were served, a yogourt and cereal bar for breakfast and always a large array of fresh fruits and salad!
What i was most impressed is that it was very very very CLEAN, the hostess at the entrance will spritz hand sanitizer on everybody's hand b4 entering the buffet hall, and there was NEVER ANY flies around the food! But the most impressive thing i saw.... (coz i was peeking through the windows b4 the hall was open) was food inspectors! I have worked in the restaurant business all my life and i know the gadget they use. They test the temperature of the food they serving and the buffet containers and freezers b4 opening the doors to public! And i have to admit i have never been sick on the trip, and im the type to be very sentive to unsanitary food.
The room was pleasant, big enough for two people. The AC was AWESOME!!! Cool and fresh all day long, they even have a fan to help circulate the air in the room.
The washroom was fine, the toilet flushed fine, we always had warm water,.
Other than the dead cockroach we saw on the floor on the night we arrived, we never saw anything else. Although i might recommend you bring an extra towel to lay on ur pillow b4 sleeping.... i got some unknown bites on my face. Don't know if it was mosquitoes or other little bugs.
The entertainment.... well, we never really saw anything, when there was a show, there were no seats left to enjoy. The outdoor theater was never on, dunno if we were always at the wrong time. The casino was ok, small.... poker was never on....
The lobby bar was awesome tho, the drink were generous and amazing, wifi is available for 15$/24h and seats were always available.
The staff were awesome, never once did they wait on you for tip, or ignore you for lack of it. They always served you generously at the bar or smile and said hello everytime they pass you on the walkways. The room was always clean and the fridge replenished!
The beach was a bit disappointing, there is absolutely no room on the beach if you're a tad bit late in the morning. The sea was full of sea weed, the water was never clear enough for snorkling because of all the water activities going on. But it was cooling and refreshing nonetheless, we cant complain! It was till beautiful. The chair are in dire need of change, they sag and not comfortable at all when u lie on it.
The pools were nice, but too many children and the water were TOO warm.... maybe there is a connection? LOL
---A LA CARTE RESTAURANT---
We tried the:
JAPANESE MAIKO = DISGUSTING, well, figures....
GARDEN GRILL STEAK HOUSE = Highly recommended! DELICIOUS!!!!
EL PESCADOR = DELICIOUS!!!! Lobster was delicious...
We did the Bavaro Splash, it was the most amazing experience in my life! We drove the speedboat in the sea, snorkled and SNUBA!!! AMAZING!!!! When u have this long hose of oxygen feeding u at the bottom of the sea. It was hard at first, but i did it and it was beautiful! All these beautiful fishes eating from right out of your palm.... make sure u have money tho..... so u can buy the videos and underwater photos from the guides.
Also make sure ur not easily sea sick as there were a lady on the boat that had major motion sickness and had to be rescued by another boat to take her back onshore (she missed everything).
This activity was not included, it's 90$/2 persons for a 10 minutes ride. It was beautiful tho..... you had to wait so long on the boat for your turn tho....... 2 h of waiting for a 10 mins ride..... it was worth it tho....... but you must be careful..... the pair of girls that went after me almost died. Their chute collapsed in the middle of the sea where the waves were storngest, got all tied up in the strings and waitted for a rescue boat! I watched everything from the shore.
The only thing i didn't like was the fact that they always bring these amazing creatures and you cant take pictures of it unless it is with their camera and you have to buy it.... we even got invited to visit the ESMERALDA resort only to be aggressively pursuades to buy a time share in the Gran Bahia chain..... the deals are amazing tho, they offered me plenty; an all inclusive to Jamaica & Hawaii..... but it is just too large of a commitment for me right now..... 25000$ in one shot is just too much right now. Anyhoo, they gave me a bottle of rum just for participating in this 3h discussion..... not all a waste tho.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic