Tripadvisor
Punta Cana
10,387 results
All reviews splash bar selections buffet diamond club ramon fuego bellini bar bubbles pool bella cucina royalton restaurants royalton buffet sea restaurant kids club sister hotel premium room family vacation quiet pool great family resort the mexican restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

This was our second stay at Memories for Christmas and came back on January 2,2020. The hotel has gone under massive renovation; bathrooms, tiles, fixtures, doors etc. have been replaced with brand new ones. ( I especially like the new hassle free bracelet system) I have been in many resorts in Central, North America and Carrebean and this one is the best one of all and only one I returned, because of its BEST STAFF. Everyone is so helpful and genuinely friendly. Their VIBE TEAM rocks. Pablo, Yokaina, Valendy and all others made us laugh all day. William was one of the most fun and talented entertainer I have seen, Social plaza shows are so cute and fun for families with kids and without kids.Colombia at BITES was a lovely lady who made me coffee and teas everyday. Splash park is amazing, food is good, rooms are little small but functional, beach is little small but beautiful, room service, cleaning team is awesome. The improvement they need to consider in a first place is replacing slippery old tiles around pools and splash park, because I see kids slip and fall all day. Overall its a highly recommended hotel and we are going back in March!!!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank moddenc
PRbluediamond, Gerente at Grand Memories Splash, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear moddenc,

We are honored for you having chosen our resort at Punta Cana and we are delighted to read that you spent a most wonderful holiday.

We love to know that you had a fantastic time, and that we could exceed your expectations, especially with our service. Thank you for highlighting how incredible our food is and for saying that everyone is incredibly kind and happy to help you.

We love to read when our guests leave the hotel with good expectations so they can recommend it and visit it once more. Thanks a lot for this!

Cordially,

Reviewed January 19, 2020

My 7 year old son and I spent a week here. We had a wonderful time. The Diamond Club was worth it. It placed us in the building closest to the waterpark, a short 2-minute trolley ride (or 4 min walk) away from the Royalton/beach. It also allowed us to have a personal concierge or butler. Ours was Jorge or George, who I HIGHLY recommend, if you can request him specifically. He brought bottles of wine to the room without being asked, helped with reservations, brought us a treat one day, and spent time playing catch with my son at the pool. Using whatsapp with him was great, because I could text Jorge about luggage pick up on departure, etc., and he responded right away. This made our vacation a lot easier and more relaxed, and we felt we were being taken care of in and in really good hands. He was fun and professional. I felt it was important to tip him as much as I could in US$, at the end of our stay. Superb service.

We went to the waterpark every day. Kids need to be 120 cm tall to ride them, and the lifeguards are strict about this. There's an area for younger kids. My son went on every slide and played in the wave pool with kids. We loved the beach at the Royalton Hotel, and I got a cappuccino at the cafe there each morning. We just ate at Memories buffet/dining room (lots of variety of food), but I met folks who said they enjoyed the restaurants at Grand Memories and Royalton. This is great resort. Kids meet others to play with in the Kids Club and enjoy evening shows.

1  Thank fnatasha1

Dear fnatasha,

We are honored for you having chosen our resort at Punta Cana and we are delighted to read that you spent a most wonderful holiday and we would like to thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor such a kind feedback about your stay.

It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our Diamond Club services, that’s why with comments like this, we encouraged ourselves to improve the quality of our service and to continue developing our products. Thank for that!

Our butlers go out of their way in order to please every single need of our guests. We are proud of this kind of service and there is nothing more heartwarming for me and the Team than to hear that our guests appreciate the effort. We are going to share your comments with Lara. We are sure it will make him very happy!

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Hotel and assure you that you will enjoy superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Warm regards from paradise.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Very good hotel! Clear rooms, big territory, great beach,Tasty food, interesting entertainment program and a lot of sport activities !!!! Yordany is the best fitness instructor Amazing barmen and a lot of unusual cocktails funny animators ❤️

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear DashaZabaluieva,

We strive to deliver a deluxe vacation to all of our guests and we appreciate very much your lovely feedback about our facilities, services and entertainment options. Comments like yours are our best reward.

We work hard to treat our guest’s will! We’ll make sure that Yordany gets the recognition he deserve.

Warm regards from paradise,

Reviewed January 17, 2020

We booked this resort with the family because of the water park. During our stay we were "Diamond Club" and enjoyed the "Diamon Club"-beach where we rented great cabanas. The waterpark was even better than expected and the kids loved it!

There are people smoking all across this resort so we would not go back here with our children since it's unhealthy. I wish we understood that before we booked the resort.

2  Thank Petter M

Dear Petter M,

Please forgive us by the bad experience your have experienced with the smoke smell. Smoking is prohibited in all guest rooms, including balconies and terraces.

Warm regards from paradise,

Reviewed January 17, 2020

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at Memories Splash. When we arrived at the hotel, I thought there was something dodgy as the gentleman at the front desk offered me an upgrade to the diamond club but wanted $550 for the privilege. The upgrade ,Evans you can eat at the adjacent hotel’s (The Royalton) restaurants for free instead of paying a surcharge of $25 per adult if you wanted to book any of their restaurants. Having just paid £5500 for my holiday I declined their offer. When we arrived at the room, it wasn’t what I ordered, we order a room with a king size bed and a single mattress on the floor for our 4yr old......I called down to the front desk and spoke with Juan and explained this wasn’t the room I ordered, he said he would send someone up to move us to the room we wanted, no problem I thought and hung up. 30 minutes later still no one had knocked on our door so I call guest services again and again I spoke with Juan, he assured me someone was coming up to my room. Another 20minutes later still nothing so for the 3rd time I called down to Juan (I was pretty fuming by this point having been on a 9hr flight and a 45min bus journey), I made it clear to Juan that if someone wasn’t at my door in 5 minutes, I would create hell and hey presto 5 minutes later 2 bellhops arrived at my door and found us another room without delay. The bellhops were both lovely and we tipped the, for their service.

The Memories hotel has 4 restaurants, a buffet called Selections, a fish restaurant, an Italian restaurant and a Mexican restaurant. The buffet is horrendous, the staff who show you to your table literally point at the table and you go sit down, our table was missing two place settings and having asked 3 waiters to get us some cutlery, in the end I had to go and get it myself. If you are lucky enough to be asked what drinks you like, don’t expect them to arrive, you have a 50% chance. The buffet food on the whole is revolting and cold, the fruit selection is passable but they don’t refil the bowls when they run out.

Sadly we ate at the Italian restaurant and the food was utterly disgusting, my son wanted a hotdog off the kids menu and when it arrived, the roll was harder than concrete. The sand which I ordered was exactly the opposite of what I asked for and my wife took one mouthful of her main course and threw up in her mouth. We left immediately.

The Mexican restaurant was a little better in that the food was edible......just. The fish restaurant which we paid a surcharge for $50 per adult for the New Year’s Eve gala dinner was terrible, the food was cold and had to be sent back. I am no stranger to arguing especially when I feel like I’d been duped and so I went ballistic as we had had 3 days of terrible service and food up to this point and I was fed up. I spoke with the manager of the restaurant who didn’t speak English and I told him this wasn’t good enough and I demanded we not be charged the $100 for the food, he said he understood and then bought out desert......the important thing is to fight your corner and they will back down. I escalated my complaint to the guest services manager and after a day of fighting, they removed the $100 charge from my room. Around this time my wife started to feel very ill and spent the next 2 days on the toilet. We can’t attribute this to the food as she may have inadvertently had some tap water which made her ill, either way I had had enough and spoke with the customer service lady (who was utterly amazing), she couldn’t apologise enough and without hesitation she upgraded us to diamond club immediately. For the rest of the holiday, we ate in all the Royalton restaurants with Zen being the favourite followed closely by their Chinese restaurant called Jade. Even their buffet restaurant was like a well oiled machine, friendly staff, hot food and great service. Really I couldn’t fault the Royalton. Whether you stay at the Royalton, you still have access to all the facilities at memories including the splash park....which was great. I originally booked the memories because of the splash park and the kids club for our 4yo son, unfortunately I found out when we got there that all people under 120cm are only allowed on the kids slide and anyone over must use the adult water park, it meant I couldn’t go with my son on the baby slides which I was gutted about. There are lifeguards all over the park and they are very strict on this.....I still managed to go on two baby slides with my boy when they weren’t looking.

Don’t use the arcades at either the memories of the Royalton as there is a 75% chance it will swallow your money and the game will break and good luck trying to get your money back as the operator is no where to be found.

The kids club was brilliant however, lovely staff and a lot of activities for the children, I cannot fault them.

Excursions - we did three excursions over the 2 weeks. A 15 minute helicopter tour which took us over the grand memories and Royalton grounds (amazing experience as my boy saw the waterslides from the air), a buggy tour (utterly brilliant and by far a must do experience although make sure you pay extra for the expensive buggies and not the cheap ones) the buggy company is called adventure boogies and if you are going to the Dominican trust me it is unmissable. Last excursion was the dolphins, I personally didn’t want to do this but my wife always wanted to go. The dolphins are kept in large cages in the ocean and so they can see their natural habitat yet they have to cater for paying tourists.......I hated it. Part of the excursion was also to touch a stingray but the way they handled the poor animal so that tourists could touch it was awful.

To summarise my stay, the weather was simply glorious, the food and experience at the Royalton was amazing, the evening entertainment at the social plaza at memories was also very good. Don’t pay for the upgrade to diamond club, just complain, sign a waiver and get upgraded for free.

2  Thank Adventure522375

Dear Adventure522375,

We would like to thank you for the time you took to let us know all these details about your recent stay. It is a tremendous regret that your recent stay at our property fell far short of meeting and exceeding your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the complications you encountered throughout your stay.

Please accept our apologies, as we were not able to accomplish your expectations with our gastronomical offer. Our Executive Chef works hard to make an extensive and varied menu of luxury dishes, and he usually accomplishes this goal for all our guests.

We are sorry about the impressions that you may receive about the service from our staff and management; our objective is to provide an exceptional service to our visitors and continuously ensure a quality holiday among our guests. We took a note about your point.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay at the hotel. We have taken all your comments and have sent them to the general department for a solution as soon as possible. Whilst an apology will not change the outcome of your experience it is our sincerest hope that you will grant us the opportunity of serving you to an experience which will surpass your last.

Cordially,