“Most Unforgettable Family Vacations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Memories Splash Punta Cana
Ranked #35 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Carolina, Puerto Rico
“Most Unforgettable Family Vacations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

When my step-dad first told me that we were going for vacations to Punta Cana, I wasn't at all surprised or excited because I had been there in previous occations. But I have to say, this vacations at Memories Splash Punta Cana had exceeded my expectactions!

First of all, we were a group of 12 persons (6 adults, 2 teens and 4 kids) and since we arrived all the employees were very polite and professional. We were given our rooms and that's when the real fun began. I have to say, Im very grateful that I got to visit this resort because, My GOSH it was awesome! It has activities and places for all the family (you're never going to get bored) and every night they have different programs and dances for family enjoyment, though I would say that it ends too early (11:00pm). Food is very good, I highly recommend the "Bella Cucina" Italian restaurant, it is excellent. Like I said before, we were traveling with people of all ages and for my surprise everyone had a good time thanks to the variety of options that the hotel offers. It is like you don't have to worry about nothing because they have it already covered for you.

My family really liked the aquatic park and it is worth the trip if you're going only for the water slides. We also loved going to the facilities of the Royalton (beach, pools, buffet) because it was really pretty and awesome too. The Grazzie Trattoria buffet at the Royalton is exquisite, and if you're staying at the Memories Splash hotel, I highly urge you to have lunch there. The ambient at the Royalton pools is amazing, there is always music and activities like "Zumba" and "Aerobics" to burn calories and clear the mind from stress.

If we're going to talk about the most efficient employees that we met, I have to say that they are:
Micaela, the maid that always kept our room clean, shimmering and in order. She's such a wonderful person and she possess an interior beauty really weird to find these days. At the Grazzie Trattoria Buffet, we made a wonderful friendship with Ines, a lady with an amazing spirit and energy; Juan Jose, the chef that spoiled us with everything we wanted; Rafael Soriano, a waitress who made us feel like at home when he attended us; and specially, Carlos Trinidad!!! This last guy is so special for my family that my grandmother and grandfather say that he's another son for them. He gave a beautiful par of earrings to my grandma and we were highly nostalgic when we said goodbye to him. At the "Selections" buffet I have to stand out the work of the supervisor Florentino, who made us laughed a lot and treated us like family. All of them kept at the Dominican Republic a part of our hearts.

We indeed want to come back and my mother is even thinking of celebrating her wedding there, since they have awesome packages for future husband & wife. I don't think it two times to tell you that this is the hotel that you're looking for if you want to spend an unforgettable family vacations. We didn't wanted to leave, and i'm sure you aren't going to want it too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
10 Thank Perlakarelys
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Perlakarelys,

Firstly, the entire team of Memories Splash Punta Cana wants to thank you for sharing your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really happy to read words as nice as yours. To know that our staff and service have exceeded your expectations encourages us to keep working day by day to maintain this proposal of high level that we want to achieve.

We will be glad to welcome you back again. We are at your disposal for anything you need.

Royalton Punta Cana & Memories Splash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have been to several all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, but this was our first visit to Punta Cana. We went through Apple Vacations. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly staff member, and were given cold wash cloths and welcome drinks. Our room was ready upon arrival. Our room was very clean and spacious. Our in room safe was already locked when we arrived, so we called to have someone fix that, and it was done very timely. The air conditioning in the room worked great. We were in building 7, which is by the activity pool. The pool noise did not bother us as we were out all day anyway. It did seem a bit loud at night until about 11pm with music, but that is to be expected. Our housekeeper did a very nice job at cleaning our room and making sure we had what we needed. Our mini refrigerator was stocked daily with what we requested. We left tips for both our housekeeper and for the staff stocking our drinks.

We spent most of our time at the quiet pool and beach. I would like to say that Franklin, who takes care of the pool to make sure it's chlorinated and cleaned, it just a gem. He is always smiling, sings a lot while working (beautiful voice :-), and always made sure we were enjoying ourselves and made sure we had what we needed. He goes above and beyond and we love that! It was great to get to know him. There were always plenty of pool chairs and umbrellas available. The beach was beautiful and chairs/cabanas were easy to get there as well too. It was nice because people did not seem to put towels down on chairs and never use them. We went to the waterpark a few times and it was a blast. We appreciated that safety was a key factor.

We ate at the Selections Buffet for most of our meals. It was very clean, service was good, and there was a very nice selection of foods to choose from. We ate at the Italian, Mexican and seafood restaurants and all were VERY good with exceptional service. It was nice that no reservations were needed and that the men in our family did not have to wear dress pants and close toed shoes. Who wants to pack those things for a beach vacation?!?! It was great! The coffee shop was nice and had a great selection of desserts and ice cream. We went to Bites upon our arrival and we did not find that we wanted to go back in there. Our impression is that the staff were rather rude and the food was nothing to write about.

The tram that takes guests from the Royalton to Memories and vice versa was great. There was not a long wait time for one. The walk was easy and we did that quite often. It as not that far to walk and the scenery was very nice along the way.

On Saturday evening, local vendors came to the resort to sell their items. It was great. There was a bigger selection of vendors and items at the Royalton than at Memories.

The resort as a whole was very clean and all employees worked very hard to maintain it.

Check out was very easy and quick.

This was a very nice resort and we would definitely recommend it to others and would for sure return ourselves.

Room Tip: If you want to be in a more quiet area, I would recommend buildings 1-4.
10 Thank kimnart
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear kimnart,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Memories Splash Punta Cana not only for your wonderful comments that you have had about our team, but also for taking the time to share your positive experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community.

We are really glad to hear your comments about the impression of our hotel. Reading your comments help us to know that our decisions are in the good way to give our guests the best possible experience. Your comments about the attitude of the staff will be shared with the objective to motivate to continue with the best quality and guest satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again and of course we will be very pleased to welcome you.
Best greetings,

Lorton, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

It was very difficult deciding how many starts to give this resort. We purchased the living social deal for our vacation and got an excellent deal with buy 3 get the 4th free. I definitely feel like we got our money’s worth, but overall the service was poor. I'll start off with the positives about the resort. The resort is beautiful. It was compact enough that we were able to use the entire resort. We had easy access to everything we needed. The 3 specialty restaurants were very good. However, 1/2 of the time the service was very slow. It took almost 2 hours for our meals 2 of the days. The ocean was beautiful and blue and there was very little seaweed. The waterpark was very nice and never crowded.

Cons - Butler Service isn't really butler service. While Theodore was good at finding out what we needed, the list of "butler service" isn't what I would really consider butler service. It wasn't his fault - it was more about the services offered, not about him personally.

We booked three rooms, but we were not allowed to have all of the rooms together. We were told they were booked and it wasn't possible. However, when we were swept off to a sales presentation we were told that building 9 only had 30% occupancy that week. I didn't understand.

There were no mimosas with breakfast - I've never been to an all-inclusive that did not serve mimosas. Most frustrating was that the 2nd morning there, my husband and I ordered a mimosa and the server said she would be back with 2. She never came back so I asked someone else who then told me they didn't have mimosas for breakfast. Every morning at breakfast, I had to go find a drink. No one ever brought us drinks around.

Diamond Club - waste of money. The only advantage I really saw was the ability to make a dinner reservation. Other reviewers stated you were able to get Corona at the Diamond Beach Bar, but we were always told they were out. This was extremely disappointing.

The kids club was nice and there was one very energetic worker. However, they did not stick to the schedule. My daughter was looking forward to the cookie and postcard activity and went to the kids club. When we picked her up, they had not done either.

The towels at the pool smelled awful - basically like wet towels that had sat too long and then were washed.

The service was poor and that is the reason for my rating - I asked for 2 extra blankets because our room was cold. A day later I called again and I received 1 blanket. It was dirty. After 5 calls to the diamond club, I finally got another blanket. This one smelled awful, but I didn't have the energy to call.

When we arrived we were asked what time we would like our room cleaned. We said 10am. I'm not sure why they asked. Our room was never cleaned at 10am. It was cleaned at 6pm one day. I had to call some days to get it cleaned at all.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Ashlea M
Dear Ashlea M.,

Firstly, the entire team of Memories Splash Punta Cana wants to thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of the Trip advisor community.

Thank you very much for you constructive and criticism comments. Do not hesitate that we will take good note about them in order to keep improving our service, ensuring a good quality service and guest satisfaction. We are really sorry for your experience did not be thoroughly satisfactory and we promise to review, analyze all yours comments in order to not to repeat this kind of situation.

We will be delighted to attend you in future if you give us a second opportunity. We would like to see you again in our hotel Memories Splash Punta Cana as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Crieff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We booked a family holiday back in July 2013 so had a fairly long wait before setting off on our journey from Scotland to Dominican Republic.
We had 7 adults, 2 children and a baby in our party so were looking for a mix of fun and peace.
This resort has it all - great sandy beach within a few minutes walk or by the hotel 'train' a choice of two clean large pools with swim up bars and a superb water park within the complex.
We were in block 9 in 4 rooms which we were lucky to have received an upgrade on arrival from a deluxe to premier rooms - all very clean with stocked mini bars re-filled every day!
We had a choice of 4 restaurants which were all very good catering for a wide choice of pallet and access to some of the sister hotel by the beach - The Royalton.
We particularly liked the Italian restaurant by the beach - great setting with very friendly waiters who kept trying to ply us with free drink - it was an all inclusive holiday after all!!
Our accommodation was opposite the superb water park and next to the better of the pools and close to all eating places.
The flight was also very comfortable on the new Dreamliner - more space a non claustrophobic cabin and the feeling of freshness.
Kids all enjoyed their holiday as did the big kids and no issues at all with the baby.
Our Thomson's rep was also very helpful and friendly although he did not recommend any trips outside the hotel unless sanctioned by Thomson's - we did book a snorkelling trip from the on site company and must say we had no issues at all and a great trip.
All in all a great holiday and none of us would hesitate to recommend the resort to anyone.

Room Tip: If you want a good all round location blocks 9 and possibly 8 would be my suggestion.
6 Thank IandJ2013
Dear IandJ2013,

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Memories Splash was recently bought out and is being renovated. Our stay included access to the Royalton which was a short walk or tram car ride from our hotel. Rooms are nice, fridge is stocked, people are friendly. This place is thinking of everything to help make your trip memorable. No need to leave the resorts. Kid friendly and the water park rocked. Will return again soon!

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Michelle S
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Michelle S.,

First of all, thank you so much for selecting Memories Splash Punta Cana for your holidays, it is a big pleasure to read this wonderful opinion about our hotel. And of course, thanks for sharing it on Trip Advisor.

We are very proud to know that your last experience at Memories Splash Punta Cana exceeded your expectations. As you know our principal goal is to give you our best service, make your vacation exclusive and unforgettable. Your comments will help us with our continuing effort to assure our Guest Satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again next year. We will be very pleased to welcome you.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Comon ppl, vacation without food ????? You wait 2 hours in waiting list to eat for god sake iam on vacation I paid money to drink and eat not to treat my kid and let her wait hours to eat.
Time share is a joke wasting your time in marketing no thanks ,
Go Mexico dont waste your time here , too bad the hotel is nice but miss managed.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Kingofnovay
MauricioZarate, General Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Dear Kingofnovay,

Firstly, thank you so much for selecting Memories Splash Punta Cana for your holidays and thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send to Trip Advisor your positive comments.

Your constructive and criticism comments have been reported and they will be taken into account in the future. We will continue working to improve our services, as our top priority is to provide the best experience our guest.
We are at your complete disposal.

Kind regards.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Overall: I stayed at Memories Splash with my boyfriend from June 6th – 13th through a Living Social Deal and had an amazing, relaxing, fun vacation. The LivingSocial deal included an upgrade to the Diamond Club which used the benefits of every day via the Diamond Club Beach area and bar with premium drinks and food! The resort grounds are beautiful, clean, and just picturesque. And the beach is so pristine that it looks unreal.

People:
Everyone was so nice and wanted to make sure your vacation was enjoyable! In no particular order, these individuals definitely stood out:
- Yeisy: She greeted us with a warm “Welcome home” as soon as we arrived in the Diamond Club Lounge to check in. She made jokes while checking us in and informed us of where to go for lunch. She was just such a friendly face to be greeted with after all the travel.
- Theodore: He was half of our butler team during our stay and very nice. He speaks about 5 languages and even let me practice the Spanish I learned on the trip as well as French that I haven’t used in 7 years. He gave us a tour when we first arrived, made reservations, and always answered our questions. It was great to get to know Theo!
- Fiska: He was the other half of our butler team and was also really cool. He stepped in when Theo was off for a few days, and helped with reservations and just general questions. He even offered to take us in to town to see more of Higuey. We didn’t go, but the other couple we met at the resort said they had a really nice time in town with him.
- We were able to text Theo and Fiska on WhatsApp so that was really convenient when we had questions, but they also just happened to pop up right when need them (still not sure how they would find us in the big resort haha)
- Rosa: She worked at the Diamond Club Beach Bar and was such a sweetheart! She brought us drinks and water and checked on us frequently during the 5+ hours per day we would lounge at the beach. She was so nice and told us a little bit about where in the DR she is from and about her family. She was just a pleasant, smiling person to add an already great vacation.
- Scooby: He is so funny! He could be found by the volleyball nets most times, but really anywhere, he is just being silly and making people laugh. He even has some moves on the dance floor and got people comfortable at the White Dreams Party to dance and have a good time. He was a very fun person to interact with at the resort and very hardworking. I think he was there every day and even saw him at nights around the resort for the 7 days we stayed.
- Francis and Brigidio at Zen: These two were awesome and made our dining experience top notch! Although they were the hibachi chef and server, it felt like we were dining with friends. We saw them multiple times after we dined there and we had all sorts of inside jokes and things like that to laugh about. In addition to being fun, they provided great service / food and checked to make sure we had everything we needed or wanted when we dined there for dinner.
- The manager and sushi chef at Zen: I don’t recall their names, but they were great guys also. The sushi chef did a sushi making class one day at the resort and that was really fun and something I’ve always wanted to try. He was very patient and showed us step by step how to make the rolls. As for the manager at Zen, he was probably the nicest, most engaging manager at the resort restaurants. Definitely go to Zen as it’s an experience you won’t forget not only because of the food, but the people also!
- Edrey: She did the Spanish classes while we were there and was very patient and a great teacher! I did Spanish class about 3 times while there, but every time I saw her outside of class and just around the Royalton, she would always say “Hola” to me by name and ask how I was in Spanish. Very nice that she remembered my name and encourage me to use the Spanish I learned in class!
- Junior: He worked at the water park and was very nice and seemed to always keep a watchful eye for safety!
- Jourdain: I heard many great things about Jourdain on TripAdvisor before we came, but we didn’t get to interact that frequently. However, he was so nice and sweet anytime we did see him. Always said hi and smiling and trying to get people to have a good time.

Food:
1) Breakfast – We ate at the Selections Buffet in the morning, but also ordered Room Service. Although it is the same menu of food, my preference was the Room Service breakfast food as it tasted freshly prepared and it also helped avoid the crowd that usually arrived at 9:00am – 10:00am. We also used the Juice Bar at the Diamond Club Beach Bar a few times for a nice refreshment after the gym in the morning. The woman who made our juices was very nice and you can really ask for whatever ingredients you want to as opposed to sticking with the menu.

2) Lunch - My favorite spot for lunch was the grill by the pool at Memories. The grilled chicken was so good! And topped it off with rice and veggies! It made me feel like I was making at least one healthy food choice each day. I will say that the line for the grill gets very long and I definitely waited 45 minutes to an hour each time since there’s only one cook and each portion grilled at a time served maybe 4 people so in a line of 15, you end up waiting 15 minutes x 4. The cook had his favorites though and would let certain people cut the line or come back for seconds in front of others that hadn’t been served. It was annoying while I was hungry and standing in line, but in the scheme of things, I ate my lunch and was happy enough to come back almost every day. The food at the Diamond Club Beach area was also really good (included chicken fingers, burgers, fries, wings, caprese sandwich).

3) Dinner – The first night we went to Under the Sea and I thought it was good. I asked for extra lobster and definitely got more than 5 so I was a happy girl after a long day of travel. We also ate at Hunter Steakhouse twice with another couple we met at the resort and did the promotion that has been mentioned here on TripAdvisor where you buy a bottle of wine instead of paying $15 per person. I’m not the biggest red meat person, but the steak was delicious! We also ate at Zen with the wine promotion (Hibachi first and then Sushi). This restaurant was just fun, and the food was great. It is some of the best service I’ve received at any restaurant and just really enjoyed dinner with the chefs and servers there. Finally, we ate at Cava for tapas the last night and the food was also good, but these tapas were small even for tapas. But, we were able to order multiples of everything and then some more multiples and then finish with paella. For this meal, they said the promotion with the wine had ended. I thought that was kind of strange since the promotion had been talked about in TripAdvisor reviews I read since at least March, and it just happened to end abruptly that day. But once again, not a big deal for us especially since it was our last night.

Room (General):
The rooms were cleaned daily and the beverages were restocked so that met our needs as we were out by the beach or waterpark all day every day. We only really came back to shower before dinner and sleep at the end of the night. And we had no complaints!

Room (Location):
Prior to arriving, I read reviews that Building 9 was close to the water park and a short walk to the Royalton and the beach. We were in Building 9 and that was definitely a great location to be! We usually made the walk to the Royalton which was about 5 minutes to the shops, ice cream, restaurants, and about 7-10 minutes to the Diamond Beach Club area, and beach. The tram ran regularly and we used it at times, but we preferred to walk as there were ducks, chickens, peacocks, and other interesting animal life that you don’t see every day on the path up to the Royalton.

Ahhh, I wish I was there now and would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#80 of 110 in Punta Cana

Been to Memories Splash Punta Cana? Share your experiences!