“Win some lose some”

Ranked #10 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

As I lay here in my extremely comfortable bed that was so hard to get out of everyday here at the resort I have to get this review out while its still fresh

Food..
I'm extremely picky so the fact that all the restaurants weren't open every night gave me no choice but to try diff things for the 1st time..which I'm not a fan of. Why would all of them not be open every night?? So wierd..especially since the resort had a decent amout of people..Could've used more variety..especially at the beach grill. Food was really good although I had to order double of whatever i wanted being I wasn't a fan of the apps or sides. Need a bigger menu selection..big coffee drinker so was skeeved by the few times I realized the milk was curdled but I get it..its like 100 degrees so understandable☕

Raul at the beach grill n habachi is the man..happy happy every day happy..such an awesome guy and made my vaycay

Carlos was awsome and accommodating so was Abraham and Franswa (duno how to spell it obvi..guy at the towel hut) at the beach..and cant forget Lenny the bartender..Great guys that deserve a pat on the back for the extra effort and smiles they provided

Housekeeping was annoying especially if ur a neat freak like me..left in the morning for breakfast and the beach and every single time of our 6 day stay the room wasn't cleaned by 3..and when I called they still didn't come till late

Place was really really clean.. The walk from my room to the beach every morning was annoying but being I planned on eating a lot I didn't mind it..but god forbid u left something in ur room

Spa was gorgeous.. Luna I'm pretty sure that was her name gave me the best massage I ever got and for the price too which was descent for a resort..a must! Gym was cool too..nice and clean w new equipment

Language barrier was kinda hard to deal w but if u speak like ur talking to a child they'll catch on eventually

Shows were awesome they got some real talent

The people selling things to do on the beach were kind of annoying..nothing crazy but 2-3 times a day every day is bothersome✋

I came w my fiance for my 32nd birthday and was happy w how modern and up to date everything was..music and all..loved the jayz and lil wayne playing by the beach being a huge hip hop head so was pleasantly surprised

3  Thank so_jfreshh
BreathlessPC, General Manager at Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear so_jfreshh,

Thank you for reviewing our resort. We are glad that overall, you had a pleasant stay with us, especially due to the friendly service from our Team, entertainment offer, cleanliness of our areas, gym and spa services. You can be sure that all the members of our Team you mentioned were congratulated on your behalf for their great service. On the other hand, I apologize the housekeeping service was not performed at the time requested. We have reviewed your report with our Housekeeping department, in order to improve this aspect. We appreciate as well your suggestions about the restaurants, and will have them on account. We sincerely hope to welcome you back, to impress you with the enhancements.

Always at your service,

There are newer reviews for Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed at the resort for 8 days at the end of May and we had a great time. This trip for us was all about being able to relax and enjoy time together without any concerns and that is exactly what we got. We were booked in the Xhale Club and in my opinion it is worth it if you want a nice quiet trip with GREAT service. we only had one minor issue and that was we did not get turn down service once night.. We notified the Xhale Club staff and then we never had an issue again. The Staff and team want to make you happy and want you to have a great time. The staff is great, the grounds are spotless and the food was very good. We can't say we were upset with any meal and loved Kibbeh (it is Mediterranean food and was very good) Culinaria - I love that the menu will change with what the Exec Chef decides is fresh .. we really enjoyed our meal .. Sandy Thank you for taking care of us while some intoxicated guests were making a scene. Sushi bar -- Abraham the pride you take in your presentation and sushi does not go un noticed. Thank you for a fun evening.. And Wander thank you for starting our trip off with a fun meal at Sofrito.. i am happy i listened to your recommendations! Dionny and Jazmine- Thank you for being ready for us each breakfast.. My Café, Mimosa and jugo was ready for me. Alfonsina.. one of the best servers at all the resorts. She was there every morning with a smile and we were appreciative of her service.

So you can read that my husband and I had a great time. the beach is beautiful and peaceful. It was not the busy season so chairs were always open on the beach and pool. we never waited for a table at a restaurant and had whatever cocktails we wanted. For those who complain about the language. They speak English.. but my advice .. when visiting any country .. learn a word or two it makes a difference ..

Breathless is still a new resort and with each day I was there I found something new they added to help meet the needs of their guests. The DR is not only a place that American's visits people come from all over to vacation here and they are working to cater to everyone. Be open minded and try new things.. I recommend this resort for couples looking for a party and for those looking to relax you will find a lot of places for you as well. If you want the extra special treatment and a little more quiet with the option to party.. Book the Xhale Club you won't be disappointed they are all Magnifico.

Rooms -- you can hear people in the hallways but I found this in all 4 resorts I visited in the DR and they will be HUMID it is just the weather. keep the fan on it is will help with air flow

Gracia Macarena!! You are doing a great job.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank novamatt95

Dear novamatt95,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We love to know that the exclusive amenities of our Xhale Club and the friendly service from our Team made yours a great vacation. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to get the names of the members of our Team that delivered great service, we have already recognized them on your behalf. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back, at Breathless Punta Cana we remain at your service.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I am not a frequent reviewer but his place has been so disappointing that I felt compelled.

While the resort is beautiful and the staff for the most part are accommodating and friendly, the food is downright disgusting. The Strip Grill was the worst, followed closely by Sofrito. The French place is decent, but the bar wasn't set very high. The "tapas" restaurant is just a buffet. The house red wine is potable but don't touch the house white.

We ordered room service using the app that they promoted, and it took between 1-2 hours to arrive.

Definitely a party atmosphere. My husband and I are more laid back travelers, but if you want to get wasted and listen to techno beats 24-7 this is your place.

People approached us constantly trying to sell us excursions, scuba lessons and photo shoots. Prepare to be accosted.

Air conditioning didn't work half the time in our room. We had to call room service to come clean and give us new towels, and several days, they didn't even clean it until about 6 pm when we were coming in from the beach. One night they knocked on our door after 10pm to see if we needed towels.

The spa was awesome, I will say. One of the best massages ever and the hydrotherapy facilities were very unique and relaxing. The swim up pools were a great amenity. Pool and beach are both gorgeous, as is the interior design and landscaping of the resort. But appearances can be very deceiving.

We are finishing up our vacation here now and wish we had booked elsewhere to better enjoy our precious time off.

4  Thank Rachel L
BreathlessPC, General Manager at Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Rachel L,

Many thanks for reviewing our resort. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations with some aspects of our service, especially our food offer. We are always willing to make it better, and we are always available to assist our guests. Please be sure that had we known you were not enjoying your time with us, we would have done our best to address your concerns and recover your trust. We sincerely encourage our guests to request a Management representative whenever they feel our service falls short of their expectations, so we are able to help. Although we did not have the opportunity to assist you in a timely manner, we would like you know that your remarks will be taken on account in order to deliver a better service. On the other hand, we are glad that you enjoyed our spa and resort facilities. Thank you again, we remain at your disposal.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here last week with my wife and three friends and we all can't wait to return. The resort is as beautiful as the photos found online and in their brochure. I read multiple reviews and from my personal observation the negative comments have been reasonably addressed or were extremely exaggerated. Upon arrival it was obvious that their objective was to make our stay magnifico!
One person in our group requested a room change( for more privacy from the rest in our group) and he was immediately accommodated. All the restaurants were contemporary and unique in design. The French restaurant was one of my favorites, the food was fantastic and the plating elegant. At Soffritos we enjoyed a succulent ocean view meal by the beach. They utilized fans and provided those who wanted, OFF to manage occasional insects. The staff constantly went above and beyond; the pools, grounds, spa and restrooms were kept impeccably clean. Room service was always within 15minutes.
The E team shows were amazing; the circus night was my favorite, great job Henry! The nightclub, oxygen bar and hookahs topped off our nights; thanks for everything Freddie! The freestyle bar was our daytime hangout. A special thanks to Claudia, Juan Pablo, Benjamin, Roinert, and Aqulino. We slept on the beach with no problem finding an available lounge chair or cabana, perhaps because it was midweek. Afterwards we enjoyed the beach grill with Raul, Hector and the chef who's name I can't recall.
Two suggestions, silk city hibachi chef was too heavy with the soy sauce, guests can always add a little more. Also, updated blackjack tables with vegas house rules would be nice.

Overall, I would and have recommended this resort. I've stayed at all inclusive resorts in the Bahamas and Jamaica and this one has been the best. Uno vez mas, muchismas gracias por su hospitalidad, fue Magnifico!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Rob G

Dear Rob G,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your “magnífico” experience! We love to know that you had an amazing time with your friends, and that we were able to impress you with our facilities and the service from our Team. We will make sure to share your kind comments with our E-Team and Food & Beverages Team. We appreciate your suggestions about Silk City, and will review your proposal with the operators of the Casino. Thanks for helping us to make it better, and if you need anything about your next stay, let us know!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We had a great trip! With special thanks to the E team. They were magnifico! All the staff were happy and excellent but especially the E team! New York, LG, Master Piece, Pedro, Talent, Mickey Mouse, chocolate, Chris rock, Eddie Murphy, Henry! We also had a favorite waiter Yohandi Ramirez
We would definitely go back! Food was great. Definitely worth upgrading to the Xhale club. Gliny at the xhale club was amazing!! And took great care of us.

3  Thank Amanda W

Dear Amanda W,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for taking the time to recognize the members of our Team that made your stay “magnífico”! It’s great that we could impress you with service at our Xhale Club, and that you enjoyed our food offer. Our best reward is your wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance you may need, it will be a pleasure!

Best regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had a great time at this terrific resort! Rooms are very comfortable and clean. There are a number of good and diverse restaurants to choose from. The beach is lovely and the pools are fun, with lots of activity nearby. The guests range from 20-somethings to seniors from many different countries, and everyone is friendly and seemingly very happy to be there.
The people who work at Breathless really make the difference between this and other resorts. Muchas Gracias to Super Henry and his talented, amazing and friendly E-Team, who keep things lively and interesting: Chocolate, ChrisRock, DJVictor, EddieMurphy,Talent,Pedro,LG, NewYork, Richard, Brittany and Katerin. Everyone at Twist&Squeeze and the Barefoot Grill were always smiling, especially Gladys, Yolenny, Renci, and Francisco. Restaurant wait staff Estephany, Lisette, Kendy, Diogenes, Armando,Dulce, Kittairo and Milquenna were always lovely and accommodating. Finally, a special shout-out to YogaGoddess Sheila who taught wonderful yoga classes!
We hope to return someday.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the third floor facing the Main Pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank linda77110

Dear linda77110,

Thanks so much for your review. We love to know that you had a great time with us, especially due to the friendly service from our “magnífico” Team. We appreciate that you took the time to recognize each one that delivered great service to you, and we will share your kind words with all of them. Thanks again, you are welcome back to the party anytime!

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Breathless Resort. I searched I don't know how many resorts and read a ton of reviews before making this selection. I finally decided to consult a travel consultant to assist me with my search. I told her I wanted something luxurious but affordable, great food and drinks, adults ONLY and it has to be ALL-INCLUSIVE in every since of the word. I DO NOT want to be nickel and dimed. See gave me 2 websites to go to. Their were good and bad reviews, but overall it seem to have everything we were looking for so we decided to give it a shot. IT WAS ALL OF THAT AND MORE!!!! Sure we had some minor issues that we thought could have been better, but overall it wasn't nothing to really complain about given the service we received during our stay. What really sold me was going to YOUTUBE and looking some real reviews and pictures of what to expect from the resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Carla T

Dear Carla T,

Thanks so much for giving us the opportunity to host you and for sharing your experience. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations with our facilities and the friendly service from our Team. At Breathless Punta Cana we are always striving to make it better, we are sure next time you visit us; you will have an even better time!

Best regards,