The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
$210
$178
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$433
$254
Melia.com
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$391
$229
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$146
$114
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$293
$205
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$261
$204
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$305
$596
$908
TripAdvisor
1,136 results
All reviewsla yolafree shuttlepunta cana villagecigar barbrassa grillecological reserveindigenous eyesspg platinumecological parkheavenly bedfour pointsclose to the airportsix sensesshuttle serviceminutes from the airportbeautiful propertyrented a car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Our PuntaCana suite was amazing and we are fortunate to be SPG cardholders and have accumulated many points. Using points and adding a reasonable fee per night to get the PuntaCana Suite was WELL WORTHWHILE.
We enjoyed the relaxed and quite beach and particularly the friendliness of the staff throughout the resort. In particular, the chef and waitstaff were superb. Alexis and Yohan, Juan, Señor Mota, Sergio, Samuel, ANNA, all were truly gems! They treated us with respect and desire to please.
Each night the Chef, at our request did something special for us--seafood paella, steaks with sides of our choice, a wonderful Dominican dinner, whole fried fish. Alexis is a great chef and the willingness to create was phenomenal. We loved our sautéed shrimp/arugula salad every day. We find all of our food to be pleasing and again the staff EXCEPTIONAL.
Initially I thought there was not a fault I could find, but I'll have to agree with comments from other reviewers--the toilet area in the bathroom should be partitioned with a door from the main part of the bathroom. I believe enough guests will comment on this that a construction crew will need to be brought in to fix it. Maybe even an island swinging needs hung from the ceiling might be sufficient and cost effective. The lack of a door or door like device is problematic. While it was just my wife and I, with kids this could be a disaster. Even a curtain on a track might work to keep construction costs reasonable. I will note though, I've stayed at "W" hotels with bathroom privacy issues as well--glass see through partition from the bedroom to the bathroom. It is completely possible that social customs on the Dominican are different, but guests from other countries will expect their customs adhered to. I trust the Westin can resolve the issue.

Our room was always made up beautifully and cleaned wonderfully. We enjoyed the beach immensely and as noted, the seaweed on the beach is an issue, but the resort does what is necessary to make things comfortable for their guests. They team who cleans it works so hard, I hope they get a pay raise from the positive reviews written about their handwork.

We would most certainly come back. Take advantage of the cooking prowess and willingness to create special meals for your special trip!

Room Tip: Get the Punta Cana suite if you want something massive with a great balcony and view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank wolfeskin
Alberto A, Executive Director of Hospitality at The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear wolfeskin:

We are glad that you were so happy with your upgrade to our suite and we appreciate your suggestions, which we are looking into.

Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel, staff, beach and pool among other things.

We are glad that you want to return and we hope that you do so.

Have a great week!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Our family of four stayed at the Westin Punta Cana for four nights/five days at the end of July. It was a great vacation. We enjoyed the hotel, even with a few issues that need to be addressed.
As background, we have been to most of the Westin resorts in the Caribbean. We enjoy a laid back vacation and love a good beach and good food.
PROS:
We liked the quick ride from the airport. The fee of $20 per car was well worth it. The hotel driver met us at the airport and brought us directly to the hotel….no stopping at any other spot. Good service.
Hotel beach is beautiful. Soft, cool, white sand and lovely greenish blue water. Yes, there is some seaweed but nothing too bad. The men rake it up all day and it made us feel a bit uncomfortable sometimes as we lounged at the beach and they worked so hard making the beach nice for us. We tipped them and I felt it was appreciated.
It was nice not to have lots of noise from jet skis and it was very quiet and peaceful.
The employees at the hotel are all so kind and friendly. They always have a smile on their face. We enjoyed meeting many of them.
The double room we were given (201) is really big and has a glorious view of the beach. It was spotless clean and the maids did a nice job cleaning it up each day. There were lots of outlets and the wifi worked well. There are some ideas to improve the room that I will address below.
The pool is fabulous. It is clean and not crowded. You do not need to rush down to the pool in the morning and secure a chair for the day.
The hotel shuttle worked well for us. I am not really sure that the timing is always followed but the shuttle always took us where we needed to go and picked us up at certain times. It is a free service.
We felt safe at the Westin and all around the Punta Cana complex. I never was approached on the beach by someone selling anything.
We ate at La Yola and Bamboo within the resort complex. We liked these and felt they were okay…nothing spectacular but okay. Nice for a change of pace from the hotel though. (see below)

CONS:
The service at the beach is inconsistent. You might wait an hour for the drinks you order from the server or the drinks might arrive within ten minutes. You never know.
My BIGGEST complaint: the bathroom situation in the room is just odd. There is no door between the room and the bathroom. There is a frosted glass door that does not extend to the floor/ceiling that is used to partition off the toilet and shower area but otherwise the room is open. This is uncomfortable. The few drawers for clothing are in the bathroom. I think that the bathroom issue really needs to be fixed. We have been to lots of hotels and have never seen a situation like this. Can’t imagine why it was built like this.
The few drawers for clothing are in the bathroom and the furniture in the bedroom needs to include a dresser with some drawers. There is plenty of room for it. Really need more drawer space in the actual bedroom.
The doors to the bedrooms do not fully seal at the bottom. There is a large gap under the door which allows large bugs to come into the room and precious air conditioning to get out. This could easily be fixed. Also, the rooms are accessed via an outdoor hallway so the hotel is mostly outdoors. It is fine but might be hard to use in the rainy times.
The food at the hotel is not good. Our first night we ate at Anani. It was a DISASTER. We ordered two salads that arrived wet and smelled like bleach. One bite was all we needed to know that the lettuce had been rinsed in bleach or some chemical and we were horrified. The waiter agreed and took the salads back. We then ordered a pizza to split between the two of us. It arrived after 20 minutes and was burned. Our waiter sheepishly said that he was so sorry and scurried off. I have never had a dining experience like this. On a positive note, the breakfast at Anani is good.
The food at the beach restaurant is better. The menu is limited but it was decent. Loved the servers at this place too.
Most of the servers at the hotel don’t speak much English. It helps to speak some Spanish.
There is not much to do at this hotel. Very,very quiet and perfect for us but if someone is looking for activity, this is not the place.
There is an empty lot beside the Westin. It is mostly filled with construction debris and takes away from the beauty of the resort. It needs to be cleared or at least have a tall fence between the hotel and it.

Overall, the hotel is beautiful and could easily be a shining star in the Westin chain. I hope that they will fix the bathroom issue and improve on the other issues noted and then, we will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean. The ocean front rooms are gorgeous.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Vacation209
Alberto A, Executive Director of Hospitality at The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Vacation209:

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a detailed review.

We are glad that you liked so many features of the hotel such as its location, the beach and pool, the attitude of our staff among other things.

Your comments about the room set up will be analyzed.

In regards of activities, we are conscious that we do not have too much in the way of night activities, but we are working on a couple of things that will improve this situation.

We are very sorry that you had bad experiences with the food at Anani and with slow service at the beach. Both of these are inexcusable and we apologize and guarantee you that we will take the corrective measures to make sure it does not happen to other guests.

Again, thank you for your time and we hope to have you back one day soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I went to PC for my bachelor party and immediately noticed that this was more geared for families. As my buddies and I spent more time getting to know the staff they did an awesome job with great suggestions on what to do. Victor and Carmen at the cigar bar were simply amazing; always smiling. Manny and his team-Antonio, Mr. Lewis and the rest of the bar team made the best drinks and the best advice. Lastly, Yarik in guest services took special care of us and made sure all was well. Thank you for having such an awesome team.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rahwa G
Alberto A, Executive Director of Hospitality at The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Rahwa G:

We are glad that you decided to celebrate your Bachelors Party with us and that our staff was able to give you good suggestions on what to do.

Thank you for reviewing us so favorably and for mentioning so many of our staff by name, they will have a copy of your review in their HR Department.

We wish you a great wedding and we hope to have you come and celebrate many anniversaries and family reunions with us.

Have a great week!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I loved this resort. It was quiet and very private. The beach was beautiful and the water crystal clear. It is not family oriented. There is not a lot to do other than soak up the gorgeous Caribbean Sea and sun. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation, this is it!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank KJP0920

Dear KJP0920:

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we are glad that you found it so relaxing.

We are thinking that when you say we are not family oriented, this could have been a typo as we have so many things for families to do and so many of our guests say that we are great for family vacations. If this was your true perception, I apologize for thinking it was a typo as we truly value your opinion.

We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was the worst Westin I have ever stayed at. If you want to sit at the beach all day and do absolutely nothing then you might enjoy this place. Service was okay, VERY slow in everything they do and they do try to take advantage of you in some ways. (Thank you for charging me $9 for water when I asked for the $2 bottle!). Shuttle service was HORRIBLE! they do not follow their schedule and I was forgotten about twice, once waiting almost 2 hours for them! They drop you off at 'the village' at 6pm and don't come back until 9pm, ridiculous amount of time for somewhere that has nothing to do. Would not recommend eating at the hotel, menu is the worst I have ever seen at a resort, very small selection and overly priced plus food comes out cold and not appetizing. For nothing being around the hotel their menu should be much better. Lastly their gym is worse than a Hampton Inn! Very small with little in it. The beach is OK however they have a very big seaweed problem. There is seaweed all over the beach line, if you get there on a good day they may have just cleaned up the seaweed but better to stick by pool.
For being new I would expect much more from this hotel. I have stayed at many Westins as I am a Starwood member. I am very disappointed in this hotel considering how much it is to stay here. I would not come back nor suggest this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Kim C
Alberto A, Executive Director of Hospitality at The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Kim C:

We are very sorry that you have left our hotel with such a bad impression to the point of not recommending people come here.

Our goal is that every guest has a great experience and that if someone is not having a great stay while they are here that we identify them and try to remedy whatever issues the guest has.

Thankfully the majority of the guest comments we are receiving are very positive, however, we have obviously failed in making you have a great stay or fixing the issues you had and we will take your letter to analyze what we are doing wrong.

I hope that you change your mind and you give us another chance sometime and if you do please contact me directly to make sure that you have a great stay.