The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,136 results
All reviewsla yolafree shuttlepunta cana villagecigar barbrassa grillecological reserveindigenous eyesspg platinumecological parkheavenly bedfour pointsclose to the airportsix sensesshuttle serviceminutes from the airportbeautiful propertyrented a car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great location, brand new, beautiful design.
The hotel had great potential, and it is a great alternative to all inclusive hotels. They we in a hurry to open a hotel right before the new year, thus many incidents have happened. We also had a major incident/issue, but I will not go into detail, as management of the hotel made everything they could to resolve it, and make up for it.

Room Tip: Closer to the sea, For people with kids 1st floor as you will have an entrance to the loan to play with your kids and look after them.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Artuurss
Alberto A, Executive Director of Hospitality at The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Artuurss:

We are glad that you liked The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club and that you see its potential.

Although you don’t go into detail, we apologize because you seem to have had some kind of incident and we are glad that you felt the management reacted appropriately.

We thank you for your time in reviewing the hotel and we hope to have you back soon.

Have a great day!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the resort. The pool is nice and big and the beach was breath taking. The room was perfect and we enjoyed the pool and ocean view. Most of the employees were very friendly and eager to please. The shuttle service to restaurants, eco park and village were a wonderful feature. Westin guests get free entry at the Eco park and lagoons which are well worth the visit.

Now to what I didn't like. The food and drinks were not that great. I also felt like they take full advantage of the "captive" guest. Prices for anything and everything were outrageous. I might have felt better about spending $60 USD on a pizza and tacos if they were actually good. This area of puntacana was fairly touristy and was hoping to find more authentic food options close to the hotel. We went to the grocery store and stocked up on snacks and alcohol. Our trip was for relaxation so we didn't mind that there wasn't a lot going on close by but if you are young or single you may want to stay somewhere else. There were a lot of small children so that was annoying at times while trying to relax at the beach or pool. They should have a designated spot for kids.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kld03c

Dear Kld03c:

Thank you for taking the time to review our new The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club!

We are glad that you enjoyed the beach & pool, our beautiful lagoons and that you were so happy with our staff.

We are sorry you felt we had high prices on food and beverage, most of the comments that we have received are that we compare favorably with other similar resorts in the Caribbean but your comments have prompted to take another look and evaluate our prices, we thank you for that.

Hopefully you will come back soon to our wonderful resort!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

just got back from a 4 night stay at the westin punta cana resort and club and on the plane ride home I felt sad like if I was leaving my family...this place is amazing! the staff what can I say very kind and helpful! Yefri, Carmen, kenia ,juan ,manuel, Francis, Victor so many people to name all made my stay at the westin unforgettable. I took my lady here for her birthday and she loved it! for her birthday we had a nice romantic dinner on the beach with a 4 course meal that was delicious. for desert the staff at la brassa restaurant which is located on the resort came out dancing and singing happy birthday with a chocolate cake that was well prepared... later on we went the lobby for drinks and the bartender Yefri who I call my friend now with his beautiful assistant la senora guzman had another birthday cake with candles ready for my girlfriend it was truly amazing... another part of the resort I enjoyed a lot (that's if you like cigars) was the cigar bar... Victor and Carmen were very informative on what cigar to enjoy for the night.. I suggest you make this resort your location to stay when you reach punta cana stop by the bars and tell Yefri and Carmen nelson from seattle says hello...

4  Thank elnino711

Dear elnino711:

We are very happy to hear that you had such a positive experience in our new hotel The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club!

Thank you for mentioning so many of our great staff by name. This is greatly appreciated.

We hope to have you back in our resort soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Most reviews are largely focused on the negative experiences that we have while traveling. The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club does not deserve anything less than a wonderful place to be. Yes, I too "suffered" a number of inconvenient roadblocks upon arrival. The same ones others have voiced at differing degrees, transportation, room type, service, food etc.
Having traveled to many Caribbean Resorts I had a degree of expectation. I have found most of us expect too much too soon. It didn't take long to hear from other guests all the horrors they were going through. I added a few of my own as well. However, I had a different plan in mind than to just complain to each other. I have found from experience that nothing gets resolved by complaining to each other and writing a negative review.
Lets start with my methods to resolve my particular issues. First recognize this resort is just 3 months into full tourist mode. I always ask for a manager upon signing in if things have already gone awry. If that is not possible schedule an appropriate time to meet the manager at their convenience. Write everything down so you don't have to try and remember 7 little things that have bugged you. If you are persistent and respectful you will get to meet with the manager.I did. And that's where grumpy was thrown out and all became grandiose from there. Resort Managers Mr. Juan Manuel Flores, Mr. Argimiro Pena and Mr. Manuel (Restaurant manager) were most gracious and receptive. I sat down with Mr. Flores and carefully explained my problems and concerns. I asked for nothing I told him how I felt and why. He realized very quickly that his expectations for me were not being met to his level of expectancy. That all my concerns were ones that could be rectified. He and the rest of the staff moved heaven and earth from that moment on.
Mr. Pena insisted on providing my wife and I with an incredible romantic dinner on the wedding Palapa. A four course meal fit for royalty ( for that evening, I thought we were!). Hector was the fabulous server, it could not have been better. Champagne, salmon, lamb and dessert. My mouth still waters. Both Mr. Pena and Mr. Flores came by to make sure all was well. Amazing.
Mr. Flores found us another room with a spectacular view of the ocean and beach. He made personal reservations at La Yola, Playa Blanca and Bamboo for us as well. If the normal transportation was not available for the reservation times he made other arrangements and even drove us himself! Both Mr. Flores and Mr. Pena made it a point to ask how things are going any time we met in passing.
The management at this Resort could not care more about their guests.You won't know that if you don't take the time to meet them. Respectful communication can always help to resolve conflict. One cannot expect to have everything perfect but they certainly tried to make it that way and I cannot in all honesty say it was anything less than perfect! One thing is certain, they do listen. You have heard many other people complain about the one towel/one card policy. I did too. Lo and behold they dropped that policy and there were many chants of, "no more cards, no more cards! It's the little things that count.
There are so many people on staff that are just waiting to help you it is impossible to to name them all.
The housekeeping and grounds staff are impeccable in their efforts.
The front desk, awesome. Two sweethearts Leydi (concierge) and Katherine (waitress) are as kind as they are beautiful. Mr. Francis Mercedes (Bell Captain) and Mr. Rafael Ruiz always got me there and back.
The facility and the grounds are very pleasant. The beach and the ocean are incredibly beautiful. The Dominican people are wonderful and kind. Thank you Mr. Juan Manuel Flores, Mr. Argimiro Pena and the full complement of your staff.
It may be difficult to think of something perfect. However, we left with a perfect smile and a perfect sunburn!

4  Thank EdwardEagle
Alberto A, Executive Director of Hospitality at The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear EdwardEagle:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay at The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club!

We apologize that you had some issues at the beginning but we are glad that our management team was able to rectify and make sure your stay ended being so positive.

We also thank you for mentioning so many of our fantastic staff by name as we will put a copy of your review in their HR file.

We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed a week at the Westin Punta Cana.
Traveled as a couple- we had a wonderful, relaxing time- not because of the hotel but because we made the best of what we were dealing with.

-I e-mailed a week in advance for a ride from the airport and never got an email back so I called the night before we left, and was transferred to 6 different people that didn’t know what I was talking about and 15 minutes later finally got it figured out.

-Check in started out fast until we asked for a bathroom door and were told to wait in the lobby while housekeeping checked- the man helping us left for the day and we were left in the dark- 45 minutes later (there was a long line of people and front desk agents calling to housekeeping) I got up to the front and our keys had just been sitting there on the counter and they didn’t think to just run them right over to us.

-There is only 2 places to eat- Anani only serves until 11 and then there is no restaurant open until noon- strange. Service was terrible- had to wait roughly 30 minutes each time after our drinks and food were finished for the check- even being the only people in the restaurants. After a couple of tries- and hating the food, service, & attitudes of servers we walked to Playa Blanca down the beach everyday.. service was still a little slow but at least they were pleasant and had great food and drinks!

- Rooms are nice, our door on the bathroom was made of foggy glass and did not go to the floor or ceiling- not far from just not having a door. View was beautiful- no issues with sound from our neighbors, housekeeping came every day at random times- usually when we had just gotten back from somewhere so we would have to leave again.

-Pool was large and nice- as the previous poster mentioned (we must have been there the same time) about the many kids in the pool and parents with kids being loud, playing and splashing in every part of the pool (there was no designated kid area)- not what I expected but I fixed that with some ear buds, loud music, and a drink. wish they had better food pool side- it’s the menu from Brassa, so I never ordered it. Drinks- Even going up to the ‘tiki bar’ by the pool was slow service. The towel card thing is crazy inconvenient and none of the workers seemed happy to help.

-Beach was BEAUTIFUL and pretty much made me forget about any issues at the hotel. The seaweed was being picked up from dusk to dawn. Crystal clear water and super calm- loved it! And the tiki hut was great to sit at to watch the sunrise!

- Shuttle is a nice touch. The lagoons are a MUST! No good food in the village- we went to the market in the village and got some snacks and alcohol for at the hotel. Everywhere accepts USD.

The hotel has flaws, and a long ways to go before it’d be a five star resort. We had a great time despite the set backs and some irritating run ins. You cant beat the weather, beach, and beach. It was a very relaxing time.

If we do ever venture back to Punta Cana we’d probably stay at a larger resort just for more restaurants and things to do- but honestly the worst thing of all is the PUJ airport- and that is enough chaos to keep us away forever.

Room Tip: Room with a bathroom door, 4th floor, and towards the beach for best views.
1  Thank mcki3

Dear mcki3:

Although you did enjoy some of the things in the resort, we are sorry that you had an overall disappointing stay.

Unfortunately, not much I can say but apologize that we did not fill your expectations.

We hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance and if you do, please make sure to contact me once you have made your reservation so that I can personally ensure that you have a great stay.

Have a great day!

PS – You mention the PUJ airport, you will be happy to hear that we are in the midst of the construction of a brand new terminal in this airport which will be completed by November of 2014