“Relaxing Vacation”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Kitchen and dining area
Kitchen with appliances
View from balcony
View from Balcony
Balcony furniture with gas bbq
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
spoiledro...
Reviewed June 19, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed in a condo at Stanza Mare. Yves picked us up from the airport and took us to the market before taking us to the condo. He was very friendly and helpful. The condo was clean upon our arrival. Yves pointed out things to us that we needed to know and told us to call if we needed anything. As we settled in, looking around, overall, the condo was clean and neat. The only down side was I was looking forward to relaxing and taking a few bubble baths but the tub wasn't a tub I would immerse my body in.

As we ventured out to explore the area, we were within walking distance of what we needed. Close to a variety of restaurants. The restaurant we stopped at for lunch was our favorite. Santana was very friendly and engaged us in conversation every time we stopped there or were walking by.

Overall we had a nice, relaxing vacation with this condo rental. We stayed 4 nights and until our last night we had no issues with insects, bugs or anything. Maybe we stayed too long for them but our last night it seemed to be invasion of the mosquitoes. We were so uncomfortable, we ended up doing our 3 am beach walk and took a nap on the beach and came back to sleep on the sofa in the condo.

Date of stay: June 2017
Your age range 35-49
Scott C
Virginia
Reviewed November 3, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I have to say that the vacation was nice and relaxing. The Stanza Mare condo had all the amenities and was cozy. Yves was a tremendous help as this was our first time visiting the DR. He went above and beyond and was able to answer any questions and assist in many ways. I highly recommend utilizing him for the airport transportation.

The condo has pretty much all you need as far as pots, pans, plates, etc. What is doesn't have is cleaning supplies like a sponge, dish soap, paper towels, extra toilet paper, etc. so be prepared to bring it or buy it when you get here. That was a little disappointing as we needed to get that soonest because we didn't want to leave around dirty dishes, etc. The condo overlooks the pool so that is a nice setting in the mornings/evenings when you eat your meals in. I wouldn't say that it is the best place I have stayed but it is very nice for the price and well located. As a lot of reviews state, it is a great location to stores, restaurants, etc., everything you need! I did make a complaint about the bed. First, it is very firm but I understand that some people like the bed firm and others like the bed soft. I don't mind some firm but it felt like I was on the floor. I wish I would have put it on the floor because the bed is so noisy. If you move at all in the bed (not that way but any movement) it makes terrible squeaking noises. Even the property manager said that it was very loud so just a heads up on that. Hopefully, they can fix that but it wasn't because the bed was loose.

If this is your first time to DR, I want to point out again that this condo is perfectly located and so close to the beach. Note: Be wary of the commission hunters on the beach, they are every 10 ft and try to sell you an excursion. Pay attention to the prices and then go to the condo excursion people to negotiate a better price because they will inflate the prices. You will have a great time at this condo!

Date of stay: October 2016
EdgarF01
Clifton, New Jersey
“Awesome !”
Reviewed August 31, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Complex has a huge swimming pool, very clean, the beach is literally a minute walk from the apt . and it is gorgeous.
The manager Yves and wife were very helpful and kind. Only inconvenience there was a power outrage The very last night for about an hour or so. Other than that the stay was worth it.

Date of stay: August 2016
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Momofkidd...
“First time to PC”
Reviewed August 5, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

This place was great. Beach front was secure and quiet and had plenty of chairs for a relaxing day. The condo was well stocked with what was needed for our stay. Enough stores and restaurants around the area If needed(next door drink from a coconut was fun). Excursions are plentiful around the area. Property manger, Yves, went above and beyond his job to make sure our stay was enjoyable(use him for airport) Want peace this is where it's at..you want party time this isn't the place.

Date of stay: June 2016
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Telma L
Sudbury, Canada
“As expected”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

Apartment was exactly as advertised. the beach is by far on of the best in the country! the pool is great. the location is fabulous to get around. during my stay the stove was replaced as was the fridge and cable was installed. great for a couple or a single. Yves is very helpful.

Date of stay: July 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the beach
Liked least: electricity is extremely pricey
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
DaltonHer
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Quality rental on the Beach”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

This rental had everything necessary for a rental with the exception of usable internet. Makes you feel at home.

Date of stay: July 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: Internet is useless
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
DianeMayk...
Quincy, Massachusetts
“We had a great time, will look into staying there next year.”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

I loved the location of this rental and it's beach is wonderful. We spent a good portion of the mornings doing something other than laying in the sun. This was for a couple reasons. First, I've found that I can enjoy the sun without getting burned too much if I go out later in the day. Secondly, although I do love children I tend to feel the need to keep my eye on their safety, even though they may not be mine. The less children around, the easier for me to relax. By about 3:00 pm, I could relax at the pool area. I loved the pool area, it was a fairly big pool with a small bridge with water cascading from the bridge, very pretty at night and the cushions on the lounges were incredibly comfortable. The people (both the owner and property manager) were very nice and helpful. The furnishings were basic, which was fine for me (the only thing I didn't find comfortable was the mattress on the bed, which was too hard for my back and the lounge chairs on the outdoor deck) the rest of the furniture was very comfortable. The stove did not have an automatic pilot (which I didn't know existed), so I was caught off guard without matches. Everything else was great, I felt totally at home and very secure while on the premises. It was located in an area with many Americans around so I felt safe even when I wasn't on the property. I loved the fact there were some movies, a dvd player and a cd player and the outdoor deck was private and a wonderful area to relax out of the sun in the morning. The owner was kind enough to provide local coffee and rum which was a very nice touch. There was also a local market (although limited in what they carry) who you could call to have food delivered and menus available to have pizza, subs, etc. to be delivered. As stated at the title, I will look into going back next March.

Date of stay: March 2014
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing