“BEST HOTEL, BEST STAFF, HAVE TO GO BACK THIS YR”

Alsol Luxury Village
Ranked #85 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great hotel, very clean and romantic, very quiet, staff was very attentive at all times, all inclusive food was great, pool side service was excellent; all of the bartenders, entertainers and front desk staff were excellent. I only stayed for a weekend but I regret not booking for a longer stay. I will definitely make it back there before this year ends. It was my best all inclusive resort experience yet.

1  Thank Nikki P
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Nikki P,

Your kind review of our hotel is very much appreciated. We are very proud of the product we provide to all of our guests.

Most importantly, we take pride in the experiences that you have with our team that leave you with life-lasting impressions.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Alsol Luxury Village is a very quiet resort with a lot of privacy. Events are not going to be up to the standard of larger resorts, but the privacy, no lines and availability of service is worth it if you are looking for a relaxing experience.

My girlfriend and I had a great experience. Initial worries due to some bad reviews in Q4 2013 quickly disappeared. We greatly recommend the bike tour had a fantastic time with amazing view.

I did a lot of research, above all, Alsol is amazing VALUE. You are getting 5 stay top tier accomodations for a very low price.

Excursions we really recommend Outback Safari. Its a great way to see the real Dominican culture and still have amazing fun.

Pros
- Top Notch Decor, extremely large rooms (1300+ sqft, two balconies, poolside)
- Rotating Cuisine for the central restaurant
- Great service
- Clientele are not the party type

Cons
- Mediocre Beach on site
- Only two free restaurants

If you were like me, and are browsing all the reviews to research which resort to stay at, you won't be disappointed with this one if you are looking for relaxation.

Room Tip: Room 2110 has two balconies, 1300 sqft, steps to the pool and central restaurant. We got offered Mar...
2  Thank Gregory N
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

So this whole trip was a disaster. My fiancé and I usually go to Mexico, but decided to give this resort a try since we found a good deal. The resort itself is pretty, but very very empty. We wanted a relaxing vacation, but it turned out to be almost too quiet. Believe people when they say it feels like a ghost town, it really does. But that isn't even the worst of it.

When you go someplace hot , you expect to have lots of water. Well, we got 2 small bottles of water in our fridge and that's it. We had to practically beg the concierge for more, and even then we had to call at least 4 times and wait several hours for the water to arrive.
To add to this, there was a HALF DRANK coke bottle in our fridge when we arrived! Nasty!

Also, the keys stopped working 3 times during our stay. To those saying that we should just suck it up and enjoy our vacation, I'm sorry but I'm paying money for this vacation and I don't want to be spending hours and nerves trying to figure something out that should be working. Needless to say, the service was completely terrible because we had to go back and fourth 5 TIMES and get 5 different keys that didn't even end up working! Only then did they send someone to fix it. The other times, we had to wait for a while until someone came and fixed it again. Another time, our lock completely broke and our room was left open while we were gone! And it wouldn't lock! Such a pain to have that happen on vacation.

Also, the food sucks. Maybe it's Dominican or maybe it's just the resort, but compared to Mexico, there's absolutely no choice, especially if you're a vegetarian, or if you just don't want to eat meat 24/7. Also, on the first day, everything was exactly the same for dinner as it was for lunch (the buffet). In fact, the cheeses and meats were sitting out, with no cooking, for hours upon hours. Food poisoning anyone? Gross.
My fiancé got a RAW burger when he ordered one! It was pure raw ground-beef. So disgusting.
And at the pool bar, the raw chicken was siting out for hours in the heat! They used the same knives for everything and their veggies were next to the raw meats. Very, very poor hygiene standards.
All I ate the entire vacation was bread and French fries. I am not exaggerating.

There was blood on our sheets in our room, and when we asked (3 times) for new ones and they finally brought it to us after many hours, there was a huge yellow stain on the 'new' sheets. Again, gross. Also, I'd like to mention that there was blood on our FLOOR! What is going on there!?

Shower leaked as well. Water was rarely hot. Sometimes, if you were lucky, it would be warm.

The staff barely spoke any English, and favoured Spanish-speaking people. Staff was very rude and standoffish most of the time.
If you've ever been to Mexico, or any other resort, you'd know that that's not the case there.

Please save your money and don't go there. I love vacationing and I was so looking forward to this resort. It is very disappointing and I was seriously considering paying extra to fly home early.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank TravelerMissy
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Travelermissy,

We appreciate your review and thank you for your comments regarding your stay at AlSol Luxury Village. We have taken immediate action on the issues you have brought up. We will work closer to Housekeeping and F&B to make sure that situations of this nature do not happen again. We are very proud of our room offer and do not take lightly when issues like these arise.

We remain at your service and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and i were here 2weeks ago for our honeymoon and we were told to bring our marriage certificate along for a free romantic dinner, wine in the room, and a fruit basket for a great honeymoon experience. Well i went to great pain to make sure to take it along only to get a sign on our door honeymoon couple, now don't get me wrong i didn't book it just because of that but i thought it sounded nice! When i asked about our romantic dinner they said it wasn't true that we only get wine and a fruit basket well needless to say we left and none of that was given to us! Well if you think that is bad when we got there they said that we don't have all-inclusive and i have emails confirmed that it was all-inclusive so i thought maybe it was the travel agents mistake so when we got home i spoke with the agent and he confirmed that it was all-inclusive... And they have been fighting for the last 2 weeks to get my money back but have come up empty! Needless to say i paid $800.+ more than was expected!!!! I'm not the type to complain but it was very frustrating for me!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bgraber

Dear Mr. Bgraber,

We appreciate the time you have taken to review AlSol Luxury Village. Your feedback is very important to us and we regret not being able to exceed your expectations during your honeymoon with us.

Your comments are very important to us as they allow us the opportunity to improve on in order offer the kind of service our guests deserve. Please rest assured that all the information that you have commented on have been addressed and that appropriate corrective actions have been taken.

If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at vmendoza@alsoldr.com

At your service,

THE GOOD STUFF!
This is a real 4 star Resort, wrapped around a small ocean port. The entertainment crew, Mr. James Bond, Mr. Red Bull, Mr. Nabuk, and Mr. Junior the “Mini-DJ” were amazing, funny, and warm! They made our trip so enjoyable and lively! Their hard work every day was "EXCELLENTE"! Our good friend and favorite Bartender Mr. Melvin, (whose sister told his mother to name him after a famous Dominican baseball player “Mario Melvin Soto”) was very friendly and always greeted us with a smile, and made wonderful drinks just the way we liked them! We loved you All! Mr. Luis in the Buffet was a very good waiter, he remembered every day that I like orange and cranberry juice mixed, and paying attention to detail in a service world is critical to the survival of the resort. These people should be rewarded and given a pay raise, as it was these people who made our trip great, and now we want to return with all of our families soon because of their personal commitment to the guests!

The food selection and quality was "Excellente" and all of the people throughout the resort were hard working and generally in good spirits. The room I had in Building D was nothing short of amazing! So much larger and superbly designed, I was thrilled with its furnishing and finish! The drinks were not watered down, and my man "Melvin" made a wonderful Mojito, with everything fresh and hand pressed! We loved walking around this place, because it is truly as the name suggests, A Luxury Village. We took bike rides to the other side with our tour guides, to see all of the homes that famous people own, and there were some beautiful boats parked in the marina on the other side of our resort.

When you go all inclusive, keep in mind that even though your online Travel Company may have said gratuities were included, that these poor people do not get those tips, only a small portion. Average pay is $400-$500 a month! So they don’t expect you to add 15-20% to your service everywhere, but a buck or two here and there goes a long way for these kind hard working people. I lost my job just before this trip and couldn’t cancel without losing money so we went anyways, and I must have spent $100-$125 in tips throughout the week. No matter how bad we Americans may have it sometimes, other people in this world are working very hard for far less than we do. “ALSOSL”, we loved our time with you, and look forward to another visit when I get a job!

NOTHING BAD TO SAY, JUST SOME ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT:
With the vast majority of the staff, there was a large language barrier. Despite this, they made every effort to help us with any and all needs, including Spanish Lessons. Nowadays there’s a phone app that will help you say what you need. The food on the buffet was very cold every single day, even the day we went early. It’s a shame because they had such a wonderful selection, and the chef’s made such beautiful dishes, but warm food eaten cold is not enjoyable at all. So I hope when we return with the rest of our large group that this is better. Maybe the food was cold because they use heat lamps and not steam tables, which I think might benefit them. Despite these minor issues, the management was clearly trying to resolve any issues that previous reviews have pointed out, and that is a sign of great leadership. They had two grilles in the buffet, so you could get a dish prepared hot right there, so that’s why I said it wasn’t a big deal.

1  Thank IslandDwellers2014
Ignacio P, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for share your recent experience in our Alsol Luxury Village on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful holiday in our resort, we are glad to learn that you enjoyed our facilities and Service.

We are very grateful with your mention about our associates, thank you very much for recognize their work and for comment the details that they have had with you, our team consists of people that are always ready to go the extra mile, in order to provide an excellent service and to transform your vacations into memorable moments.

Be sure that they will know about your review and you recognition, they will be more than happy to know the good impression that they left on you.

Will be waiting for you, here, in your Alsol Luxury Village and it will be an honor to host you in your next visit to Cap Cana.

AlSol Luxury Village

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I had the great opportunity to visit this hotel this past weekend, and the experience was just incredible.
Tremendously service oriented. It makes you feel, as they are there only for you. All service staff makes "NO" into Yes. Thank you for such a great experience for girlfriend and myself.

Room Tip: anything around room 1000. much quite than other side of the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ignacio P, General Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful experience in our Alsol Luxury Village, we are very happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities and the service provided for all our staff. Our main goal I the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

AlSol Luxury Village

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Greate place if you want to stay in a very calm place. The food is great also the service. In my opinión this is not the place if you want to have fun. The concept of there vacation are diferent, this is not a Hotel there are Village. At the day there is not much activities, they offer excursión but you need to pay extra for that. In the night alsó there are not much activity. In the complex they have a luxury disco but also you need to pay extra.

• Stayed: March 2014
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino

Been to Alsol Luxury Village? Share your experiences!