“An odd place...”

Ranked #87 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“An odd place...”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The grounds and staff are wonderful. The rooms are amazing. But the place is empty, it's almost as if u are in a deserted place. The 'beach' is a 10-15 minute walk and it is a man-made beach with not so great water. There was garbage floating in it. If you are looking for an extremely quiet place, this is it! We didn't have an all inclusive package and the food was ridiculously expensive for less then average quality. But the breakfast was wonderful!

• Stayed January 2014
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Nikesha,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us. Our guests' feedback is extremely valuable to us because it teaches us new ways on how to improve. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

AlSol Luxury Village

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Lithonia, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My family of seven booked the resort 12/15 - 12/20/13. This was right before the busy season and we basically had the entire place to ourselves. The resort is beautiful. The food, service, and drinks were great. However, we initially had a problem with not getting the 2 suites we originally booked. The next day the manager (Mr. Mateo) offerred a suite close to what we originally booked and more than made up for the initial disappointment. The problem was that we were not charged the price that our confirmation indicated. After numerous attempts before leaving and via email (and attempted phone conversations), the resort has refused to honor the reservation confirmation. Being that we were traveling with a large group, pricing was a great concern for booking this vacation. If not for that, I would award an Excellent rating. I still recommend this resort, as I mentioned, I have no complaint other than the pricing issue. Be sure to check your confirmation against your bill before signing on the dotted line. It has cost me a great deal of money.

Room Tip: Make sure that your bill matches your reservation confirmation.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Meekdog M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your check in process. Your suggestions are highly valuable to us because it pushes us to improve.

It worries me that you felt that the hotel did not honor the rate in your confirmation. Please contact me directly me at vmendoza@alsoldr.com to further understand your situation. I assure that I will do my best to clarify any issues you might have experienced.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Great place to stay! Highly recommend anyone to stay here. The customer service is excellent. James Bond, Redbull, and Luciano were all very friendly and kind. Very accommodating to me and friends' needs. Please come and visit this place.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Pmamaradlo
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate greatly you taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. Its very motivating for us to read that we were able to provide you with "excellent customer service".

We hope to host you once again and thank you for recommending us to fellow travellers.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I would avoid at all costs. The staff at the front desk and elsewhere we're extremely rude. Had major trouble checking in, finding our room, getting any service whatsoever. My family and I are not demanding and feel like asking for extra towels in the room shouldn't become a huge ordeal. Housekeeping literally had a busy signal all night!!! The bathroom wasn't cleaned by the pool - gross. On a positive not the rooms were nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jessica S
Dear Jessica,

I am very sorry to hear that you were not pleased during your stay with us. We work hard and continuously to provide the best customer service, and it worries us that we were not able to deliver it to you.

I would like to contact you directly to know more in detail what happened during your stay. If you will be so kind to contact me at vmendoza@alsoldr.com, it would be my pleasure to talk to you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We sincerely hope you can afford us a second chance.

Delano, MN
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a very nice and relaxing time during our stay. Jan.31 – Feb, 5th, 2014 I would go back tomorrow if I could! As much as I would love to keep this place a secret, I will share a few details!
The Pros:
Exceptional Service, Great Food, Delicious and strong drinks, beautiful large rooms, comfortable pool chairs, clean pools, exceptional workout facility, no nagging venders on the beach, spacious grounds.
The Cons:
The only thing that was strange is that there isn't many trash cans in the room and they do not have wash cloths, and no shops near to buy any type of souvenirs.

I wish I was still there!! Great place for families, groups or for a couples vacations. We had so much fun and wish we could go back tomorrow!
Thank you to all the staff!

Room Tip: Take lots of small bills for tipping. Every room is fabulous! We did not have a bad meal!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Cmburr
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

It thrills us to read '' I would go back tomorrow if I could!''. We work hard to please our guests and try to exceed their expectations. Your kind words about the services and facilities motivate us to work harder.

We appreciate your suggestions, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Hopefully, we will be able to welcome you back soon to AlSol Luxury Village and help you relax again!

Warm Regards,

Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I just got back today from a 3 night stay at AlSol and it was perfect. Jesus was a great waiter and enjoyed the "mamajuana" shots at the bar. The Blue Hole eco tour was nice excursion. I booked a junior 1 bedroom suite but was given a beautiful 2 bedroom suite for the same price! Even the mistakes turned out perfect. If you prepay a taxi service you need to confirm that they will be there to pick you up. Towels were not an issue. Bring lots of single US dollars to tip. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Alfredo M
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hola Jacob,

Thank you for taking the time to write a few words about your experience at AlSol Luxury Village. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our rooms and that we were able to make up for any inconveniences you might have experienced.

We hope we can welcome you back soon!

Cali, Colombia
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Architecture really awesome. Good places for photos. Two pools with different moods to stay one with fun and party music and another relaxing and really calm. The hotel is beautiful with great views and relaxing atmosphere. The fun staff is really nice and friendly like kabuk redbull and Blondy. Also jesus and edwin. Hope to come back soon.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dacmimec
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our Staff and facilities. We really appreciate your feedback and you taking the time to post personal photos of our property.

We are thrilled to read that you were able to relax and enjoy yourself during your stay at AlSol Luxury Village!!

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Alsol Luxury Village? Share your experiences!