“Beautiful and great value”

Alsol Luxury Village
Ranked #86 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Me and my girlfriend, we were in the Alsol Luxury Village from 15. January - 22. January.. A week before arrive the reviews suddenly became not so good and we worried about it. But it was very beautiful, great foods, great service, clean and huge room, 5 star resort. The room was every day cleaned and we got every day new towels,and new drinks. The check-in process was only 5 minutes,we took a tour with the golfcar around the resort,and arrived at our room. The staff was helpful,especially Mindy at front desk, Melvin in de bar, "Red Bull " animator. In the bar you can eat the best hamburger of the world!!! :)

It was amazing 1 week. Thank you very much! We hope we can go back again! :)

Some tip for the resort:
- we signed every time the bill if we drank or eat something,but we were in all inclusive.should be a better system,maybe should to wear a "bracelet"
- more then one bar open in the evening
- some ashtray on the desks

4  Thank zsezsenl
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

I want to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us in AlSol Luxury Village. We are sincerely thrilled to know that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you for recognizing our staff's effort and for your valued suggestions. We work hard and passionately to deliver an excellent service, and reviews like yours make everything worth it.

We hope we can welcome you back soon and your next "best hamburger in the world" will be on us!!

AlSol Luxury Village

Write a ReviewReviews (3,442)

Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 14-night stay and we had an amazing time! The Village is a wonderful place to relax and rejuvenate the soul. Having spent 2 exceptional weeks here, we very much had the opportunity to witness all the great efforts by staff and management as they listened, read and acted on the feedback from past guests in order to ensure that all future guests have a great stay.

We very much enjoyed the stillness and peaceful atmosphere that the resort offered. It is a large and spacious property, but does not consist of a zillion suites that could cause a sense of over crowdedness. Therefore it allowed for quiet little resting places, as we were not looking for the busy element that other huge resorts provide due to over crowding. We enjoyed the walks along the boardwalk, and the view of the marina is breathtaking. Wish we were still there now!

What impressed us most was the amazing team of friendly staff that welcomed us as family from the moment we stepped through the doors on arrival and throughout our time there, always greeting us with a huge smile “Hola”! Victoria the Hotel Manager was very present each and every day for us & the many other guests. We would see her talking & laughing with guests as she works tirelessly, doing an exceptional job, welcoming any feedback we & others may have as they continue to work at fine tuning this exceptional “Village”.

The staff is present, polite and always eager to please. Yes some of them speak little English, and we speak no Spanish, but we always found a way to get our message across, while having fun doing so. Rolando, Jonathan, Carlos & Alexander will be the first guys you will meet upon arrival…the bellmen who were extremely helpful and courteous!

We were in a one-bedroom suite overlooking the marina. OMG, this suite was huge…we’ve never stayed in such a huge place. Well appointed, all new, full kitchen, two balconies, and reliable internet service. It was very clean, housekeeping was amazing…shout-out to Ruth & Francesca, they did a great job providing fresh towels & changing our bed daily. We couldn’t of asked for any more – it truly felt like home, so comfortable.

Located only 10 minutes from the airport within the gated community of Cap Cana. No reservations required for dinner (bonus) and no wait time at the other restaurants. Most of all, I really enjoyed not having to jump out of bed at 6:30am to play that darn “towel game” – there were always plenty of loungers at the many pools, this was definitely a refreshing change. The pool along side the IL CIELO restaurant was our favorite hangout spot. We often had the place to our self and it overlooked the marina. Unlike the other two pools, there was no bar service at this pool, but we didn’t mind a 2-3 min walk to the main pool bar & we returned with top-shelve drinks in hand.

Another one of our favourite spots was the new beach & the bar/snack hut. While the beach is still a "work-in-progress", it was great. We spent many afternoons at the beach enjoying great lunches (you have to try the Mahi-Mahi, it's the best I've ever tasted!), top-shelf drinks, all while swinging on a swing at the bar, and taking-in the incredible ocean breeze. Always plenty of loungers and beds at the beach too.

When we booked, we went with the all-inclusive, which we felt was great value and it was. We did not assume that tipping was included, and therefore, we did pass a few dollars here or there for exceptional service. It was our pleasure to do so and would encourage others to do the same (bring along $1s and $5 dollars bills) – these folks work extremely hard and are very much deserving of some extra gratitude when ordering drinks, food, a golf cart ride, etc.

There are far too many great employees here to mention all names, but much thanks also goes out to the restaurant hostesses, Melvin at the pool bar, Josephina (the student placement gal that works along-side Victoria) and all the wonderful waiters and waitresses.

My husband captured some amazing shots of the property. You can view his AlSol Village photos on his Flickr site, along with other Cap Cana attractions and beauty…

To sum it up…would we go back? Most definitely! We really hope to return next year. You definitely owe it to yourself to check it out; you won’t be disappointed. Thanks to everyone at the Village for an amazing 14 days!

Blessings to all of you,

Linda & Murray

3  Thank OntarioCasey
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Linda,

First of all thank you for taking the time to post such a lengthy and thoughtful review. It was a true pleasure serving you and Murray. It fills us with pride to see that guests' recognize our team's effort and passion. We are very grateful for your kind words, and I can assure you that we will continue improving our guests' experience.

I usually speak on behalf of the AlSol Luxury Village family, but I can say that you've become part of this family too. We hope to welcome you back soon to your home in Cap Cana.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Me and my friends went to the Dominican republic this winter break, we stayed in Alsol Luxury villas and all we have to say is that it is our best vacations so far! From the 3 pools to the new beach everything is amazing! Loved the staff, they were very friendly. They have great food and drinks! We highly recommend this getaway to everybody! it is worth every penny!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank laura marina m

Dear Laura,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and valued feedback. Our main goal is to exceed our guests' expectations and deliver a memorable experience for them.

On behalf of the AlSol Luxury Village family, we hope to welcome you back and thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Spent a beautiful 8 day vacation with my family from Dec 31st at the Alsol Luxury Village. Amazing property and infrastructure, gorgeous one bedroom suite with one of a kind views. Impressed by the village concept and resort vision, suitable to our vacationing style. Would suggest a rent a car for easy access to other beaches and town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DANDINVALCEA
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Dan,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at AlSol Luxury Village. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our unique concept and the attentiveness of our Staff.

It was our pleasure to host you and your family during your stay in Punta Cana. We sincerely hope to get another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I want to start out by saying we rated this resort five stars due to how much we truly enjoyed our stay. However this resort does need and currently is in the process of making changes to improve the guest experience. I feel some of these previous bad reviews were truly taken as a note for improvement and that management is working as fast as they can to take those reviews into consideration and make necessary changes. To any guest traveling soon to resort I would say not to worry too much about the previous poor reviews. I too was becoming anxious and worried prior to our traveling as we switched to this resort based on their rating at the time (#6 on TripAdvisor) and then watched the reviews tank to #27 the day we traveled to #40 as of this writing on our last day here. I feel that they have most likely bottomed out and will soon be making their way up in the rankings soon enough. In this review I'm going to break this review up into separate pieces highlighting our experience as best as possible so I hope this helps.

Check-in: Our check-in process unlike other reviews was a breeze. I came prepared with a print out of our reservation as I read in previous reviews that they need a hard copy of your reservation upon checking in or you would be asked to print out it at their computers. We arrived when the lobby wasn't very busy but I passed through the lobby at busy times when there could have been a delay in the check-in process but that could be the case at any hotel when many guests arrive at the same time. The man assisting us (Gilberto) took my credit card information for incidentals but we were all inclusive so he said that there was no worry for charges and that it's just policy to have one on-file. He also needed a copy of our passports but that is a Dominican law that they have to follow. He issued us our room cards(more on this later) and a bell hop swept us away to our room.

Pros:

Room: Upon arriving to our room even I was surprised by its size and well appointment. I had changed to this resort partly due to the rooms and reviews of them, but I didn't think they were this big. Honestly they are bigger than most US two-bedroom apartments, and our room was only a one bedroom. Easily the best room I have ever stayed in. With our room configuration, you walk into a hallway/sitting area to take your shoes off with your bathroom in front of you which has a large tub, his/her sinks toilet stall and large shower stall with waterfall shower head and handheld shower head. The bedroom was off to the left through a separate door when walking into the room. It had a large king size bed with a very large walk-in closet and electronic safe. The bedroom featured the first of two balconies we had overlooking the pool. The room also had a full kitchen (with oven, stove top, and refrigerator/freezer. To us the kitchen pretty much went unused but it was nice to have. The room also featured a dinning room area with a table and four chairs and a living room area with a sectional couch and wall mounted flat screen tv. Off the living room was our second balcony overlooking the courtyard/marina.

Management: Now in our bedroom as I always do when staying in a hotel I examined closely the bed for cleanliness and bugs as even the nicest hotels can have them. There were no bugs, but the blanket had stains on the corner and there was a few hairs on the sheets. Yes disgusting, but how the hotel management handled it is where I feel they are trying hard to make changes. What I feel happened, and although it's not an excuse, is that the maids might have not known the people in the room before us were leaving that day and maybe just didn't change the bed linens. I personally don't need the sheets changed every day maybe every other but some guests might want them done. So I went down to the lobby and first said how pleased I am with the room but... and then explained my problem. Mr. Perez, who I think is the customer service manager expressed his sincerity and I could see his displeasure on his face that it happened and with in 15 minutes maids were at the door to change the linens along with Gilberto(front desk) taking photos documenting the problem probably to share with staff. Management overall was awesome in my view. Mr. Perez was the most helpful as he was constantly asking me how everything was going and to come to him if we need anything. Victoria Mendoza, the hotel manager, who does very much exist unlike what a previous review stated, we met the second night on our stay. I think she is more of the behind the scenes/handling operations and Mr. Perez is the manager who is constantly out in public.

Staff: Most all staff we met were very hard working and seemed to truly love what they do. We became friends with many of them during our stay and they gave me the nickname "Boston" as that's where I'm from. Most spoke enough English and I spoke enough Spanish to be able to get things accomplished like ordering. Favorite staff Ynocencio(bartender), Jesus(waiter) , David (bartender). FYI Inocencio makes the best piña coladas and David makes the best Ron Pons! There were many other staff members that were awesome but I just can't remember all their names. A Tip: TIP! I know your vacation is all inclusive, but these workers all hard workers and work very very long hours 7-days a week, probably for little pay. A dollar or two here or there goes a long way and is much appreciated by them. Plus they'll love you for the rest of the week which isn't a bad thing.

Food: We most enjoyed the buffet restaurant (Mariners). We could always find something we would eat as there seemed to be a good mix of American style and Dominican style. Breakfast at Mariners was the best, I got a fresh omelette made almost everyday which was nice! We ate at the II Cielo restaurant one night and the food was good but the portions are on the smaller side and the service was slow. There also was the biggest language barrier at this restaurant. We ate lunch one day at the beach bar and really enjoyed it there. The last night we got a pizza from the Italian restaurant (not included) and it was a petty pathetic example of a pizza considering the kind of pizza I get back home, but it's not part of the resort and therefore not their problem.

Improvement Areas:

-Our room keys stopped working 5 times during our seven day stay. This was becoming extremely annoying to have to keep going to the front desk to have them re-programmed as they always seemed to stop working at a time when we really needed to get into our room. I was told to keep the key cards away from my cell phone and credit cards as that can de-magnetize them, which I did after the first time but they still continued to stop working. Not sure what the issue was with the keys but I heard many other guests experiencing the same issue so I suggest management to get to the bottom of this issue quickly for future guests.

-The resort let a few vendors sell cigars and jewelry one day we were there. The man selling the cigars was very pushy and tried to tell me that I can bring up to ten Cuban cigars into the U.S., that president Obama changed the rule on that. He almost convinced me until I Googled it proving him wrong. I could have gotten into serious trouble if I believed him and some guests probably have believed him and gotten into trouble. Management should really look into the vendors they let onto the resort as this is a serious issue.

-The resort has no store on-site. We ran out of sunscreen the last day there and it would of been nice to have a store on site that sells personal items that a guest might need at some point instead of having to take a taxi to a place offsite.

-The food at the buffet was rarely ever labeled especially at dinner. I had to ask many times what it was and sometimes I just had to pass on taking it because I just didn't know what it was.

-The beach on the resort is small, but clean. We went to the Sanctuary resort beach one day and was disappointed with their beach too as it was very rocky in the water. I would recommend taking a taxi $2 each way to Juanillo beach as it's one of the best beaches I've ever been to (just don't buy anything there because it's expensive!)

-There was no hot tub on the resort which would have been nice at night to use but the pools are awesome!

Overall we had one of the best vacations we have ever experienced. If management continues to listen to the reviews and make necessary changes I can see this resort being one of the best. I hope by the time we decide to return Punta Cana this resort has gotten past any issues that it's experiencing because we would gladly return. Thank you Alsol staff for such an enjoyable vacation!

"Boston"

Room Tip: Any room is a good room here. We has their basic junior suite and it was better than any of the bes...
5  Thank SMichaelW

Dear "Boston",

First of all, thank you very much for your lengthy review and kind words. As you may have noticed, guests' feedback is incredibly valuable for us because it pushes us to improve. Reviews like yours really motivate us to continue making the necessary improvements.

We are very happy to learn that our Staff enhanced your experience here in Punta Cana. We will let Inocencio, Jesus, and David know that they made your stay more pleasant.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated and we will definitely follow up on the issues you mentioned. I can tell you that we have already taken care of the demagnetization of the room keys.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We sincerely hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was my 2nd ladies trip and naturally we wanted everything to be perfect. We were looking to book a resort that fit our budget and location interest when Alsol Luxury Village suddenly started to pop up on all the vacation search engines. Initially the reviews look good enough so we booked our trip for 1/17-1/21. A week after booking the reviews suddenly became not so good and then a week before we departed the reviews improved again. Needless to say I personally was worried sick. I must say the good reviews we correct!!
The resort is large, clean, beautiful, safe feeling and accommodating!! Mindy & Alexander greeted us with a mimosa and fresh towel and took care of all our needs. They were WONDERFUL the whole time!!
Our 2 room suite was incredible! It had a washer & dryer, stocked fridge, sliding doors out to our patio which was a few feet away from he pool.
There was always something good to eat at the restaurants or pool bar. Some food was really good and some was ok but what you'd expect at an all inclusive.
The village wasn't super busy but we found it to be perfect because you always got great service and immediate attention. We're all in our 40s so we were looking for rest and relaxation and this totally fit the bill. I'm not sure if it would be as great for people in their early 20s. There is one nightclub that looked fantastic but it's only open Wed.- Sunday and the drinks are not part of the all inclusive and I understand it to be very pricey.
We found the waitstaff to know enough English and us enough Spanish words to get by. Everyone seemed very happy to take care of us especially Christian, Jesus, Jaime & Juan.
More restaurant choices would be nice but we did great with what was there.
The one big negative was a got a pretty nasty burn on my leg when we went to check out the night club. There are columns by the pool with black half dome light covers. When taking pictures and looking around my leg barely touched the light and I got a pretty good burn. The next day and my skin was purple and singed. We showed them at the front desk and the said sorry.. not too much concern. I would worry that someone could really get hurt. My leg barely touched the light..it had to be 400+ degrees.
We really lucked out with the PERFECT weather. Everyday was hot but nt humid and the water in the pool and ocean was perfect.
Overall everything was wonderful and talking with other guest they all felt the same.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jennifer P

Dear Jennifer,

Firstly, thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience here at AlSol Luxury Village. We are thrilled to learn that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed our facilities. Its very rewarding to know that our guests recognize our effort and our passion for excellent service.

We are very sorry to hear about your leg. We hope it gets better soon. Thank you for shedding light on this issue, we will inform DUX of your mishap in order to prevent other guests from getting hurt.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to know you had a great time and we hope to welcome you and your friends back!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We enjoyed our honeymoon at Alsol Luxury Village. We spent 7 nights in a 1 bedrooms suite. First of all, the room is huge! It had a full kitchen, washer/dryer, huge walk in closet with safe, 2 huge balcony's, living room, dining room, king bed, master bath with separate shower/bath, etc. AC was great and kept the room at 21* C at night. When you take the key out of the slot by the door, it turns off the lights, AC, power plugs, etc to conserve energy. Very green - but don't expect to leave your phone or computer charging!

The grounds are beautiful and expansive. There are multiple pools that are gorgeous with tons of lounge chairs. Additionally, they have a new beach that is a short 10 minute walk away (or you can get a lift from a golf cart). The beach has an awesome beach hut bar/grill that we ate lunch at almost every day. We thought this was the best food at the resort.

The pools also have bar/grills that serve burgers, sandwiches, wraps, etc. Also Il Cielo is open for dinner and was excellent! I highly recommend the Angus tenderloin cooked medium (their medium is our medium-rare) - it was perfect!

The highlight of our trip was meeting the staff - everyone was amazing! Edwin, Ynocencio, Yulie, Melvin - there were so many sweet people that were willing to do anything to make sure you had a great time!

Overall, it was a wonderful trip that we will remember forever!

5  Thank Nathan B
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Nathan,

We are extremely pleased to know that you and your wife had a great stay with us. We worked very hard to make your Honeymoon a very special experience for you and your wife. Your kind words validate our effort!

Again, thank you for recommending us and for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. We hope we can welcome you back soon!