“Renovated and reopening”

Ranked #87 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
“Renovated and reopening”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I spent 2 nights at this newly renovated and reopened hotel. It is elegantly styled and reminded me of old European cities. The service is great, the food was exceptional. They are currently offering great pricing! My stay was a great break in a busy life. I had the best hamburger I have ever eaten! It was amazing. My only issue was it was too quiet, well that will change as they head into the busy season. I will definitely be back and will be bringing my clients with me!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Darlene G
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Ms. Darlene G.,

We would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at AlSol Luxury Village. We are thrilled to learn about your stay with us. It is our pleasure to service our guest with the finest hospitality. Our daily goal is to offer our guests an unforgettable experience.

Thank you for you kind remarks and recognition of our efforts to bring to our guests a unique product.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your client back to AlSol Luxury Village in the near future.

AlSol Luxury Village

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 9, 2013

For our honeymoon we searched long and hard to find the right destination to unwind and relax after our big day, and after many hours and nights searching (and reading the wonderful reviews), chose to spend this memorable trip at Alsol. We could not have had a better experience, a warmer welcome, and a better trip than we had. Everything was beyond excellent!
This is a quiet, immaculate and friendly community. At times we were the only ones at the pool or at dinner, it made us feel like we had the place to ourselves. Yet, the staff did not behave as if the place was less than full. We were always treated with the warmest of welcomes and the most kind and genuine service. Every meal, drink pour, hello and goodbye was done with the biggest smile and kindness of heart.
We were entertained and taken such good care of by the staff. They knew our names, our preferences and most importantly that we wanted a unique and special experience in their country. After 10 days, we felt we made life-long friends in them, yet every staff member we encountered was exceptional!
Jesus
Melvin
Davina
Ruth
Jose Miguel

We highly recommend spending your precious vacation time in this wonderful place with these wonderful people.

We will back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Meghan H
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Ms. Meghan,

We sincerely thank your for choosing AlSol Luxury Village as your " Honeymoon Destination" destination.

We have been working closely with our staff to make certain our guest receives the highest level of service. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we invite you to return and experience AlSol Luxury Village again for the celebration of your 1st Anniversary.

At AlSol Luxury Village, Service is our Passion!

Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Alsol and it was what we expected. Quiet and a very laid back atmosphere, no sales pressures from time shares reps. If you looking for clubs and a party scene this is not it. The staff was very responsive and professional. I can't remember them all, but thank you Sandy and the rest of your colleagues for making our stay relaxing and memorable. We will back next year.

Thanks
Carlos

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank porchop101
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank for you for posting such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor about your recent experience at AlSol Luxury Village.

We are extremely pleased to read about your memorable stay with us and to receive your feedback on your AlSol experience.

I will let Sandy and the rest of the staff know about your review and share a copy with them. I am sure will rave about it.

We will look forward to serving you in your next stay at AlSol Luxury Village.

Service is our Passion!

Rochester, New York
Reviewed November 6, 2013

For the price we paid, we had no idea we would spend the night in a super-luxury, beautiful room with a balcony and front veranda. The room was impeccably designed and furnished: including the kitchen. Stunning! We loved our location right by the big pool- because that's what we wanted to do all day! BUT the place is a bit sprawling & confusing. I got lost trying to find reception- and the security guy on his golf cart seemed very suspicious of me just walking around. To grab a beer by the pool, I had to walk like 5 minutes away, go into a restaurant, buy the drinks, and haul 'em back to the pool. There was only one restaurant open for dinner that night- so that's where we ate.
It seemed kinda like a ghost town- just lots of empty places, few people- and even fewer things to do. No beach was a slight bummer too- just a marina. We only stayed one night- a Sunday- and I'm sure we would have lost our minds if we stayed longer than two: would have been bored out of our skulls.
All of the staff were super nice, though! Very sweet and friendly...except for that security guard..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tina m
Dear Ms. Tina M,

We are thrilled to learn that your stay with us was "holy gorgeous". It is our pleasure to service our guest with the finest hospitality. Our daily goal is to offer our guests an unforgettable experience.

Thank you for you kind remarks and recognition of efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to AlSol Luxury Village in the near future.

Best regards,

Wexford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I chose this location after reading many reviews. Sounded like exactly what we wanted. We are not huge partiers and looked forward to spending 5 days away from all the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in July, and thought the warm weather of the Dominican Republic would be a nice treat in October.

We opted to pay for the transportation from the airport using Sunny C (a great choice!) A man was holding a card with our name on it, greeted us as we left the airport, took our suitcases and escorted us to a beautiful air conditioned van. OK...so they took us to the wrong hotel...the sister location of Alsol (Sanctuary)...but no big deal. They called a cab for us and $3 later we were at Luxury Village.

Our room was beautiful, food was excellent and service second to none. We as well were treated like royalty by Sandy, Lilliana, Jonathan, Luis, Jesus, Alexander, Mateo, Bienvenido, David, Emmanuel...and I am sure there were others. This was our first experience at an all inclusive...and we certainly will do it again!

Drinks were delicious, and often we were treated to "surprises" from many of the wonderful employees. Not used to drinking daily...but easily got use to it at Alsol!

We also did take the trip to the beach...again, we were only ones there. To some, that's too quite, to us...romantic!

If you are looking to get away to unwind, relax and spend some quality time together...this is certainly the place for you. We enjoyed every minute!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Judy L
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
We would like to thank you for choosing AlSol Luxury Village as your vacation destination in Punta Cana and for taking the time to post a review about your experience.Your valuable feedback is very well received!

We are extremely happy to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you have both enjoyed our beautiful scenery as well as the enthusiasm of our staff. Our team members is honored to read your kind remarks. We are glad we were part of your unique experience. These details warm our hearts and drives us to improve on an every day basis.

At AlSol Luxury Village Service is our Passion!

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We visited Alsol Luxury Village in October 2013. As we were driving to the resort, we were a little concerned as the area looked quite desolate. However, once we passed through the very secure gates, it was amazing. From the moment we arrived to when we left, our experience was outstanding. We've traveled extensively and I can say we have never received service as good as what we experienced at Alsol. Some special standouts were Jesus, Sandy, Sandro and Emmanuel. As others have stated, the accommodations are top-flight. We had a junior suite. It was spacious and had beautiful furnishings. It was also very clean every day. The pools, grounds and private beach were also great. I know that people have complained about the lack of people, but given that we wanted to "check out" and relax, we found the quiet to be a wonderful change of pace. It would have been nice to have some shops within the resort, but we made due with a day trip to Bavaro that the front desk helped us coordinate a free shuttle. I also had a pedicure and a massage at the spa. Both were very well done and as good, if not better quality that I would have at home. We enjoyed the food and the sometimes "quirky" menu choices. All of our food was really delicious and we found the staff to be very accommodating if there was something we would like to have that was not on the menu. The pool bars had surprisingly good sandwiches that we enjoyed at lunch. In addition, the servers always went above and beyond and occasionally brought special items as "surprises". Our last day there, Jose and Emmanuel coordinated bringing breakfast to our room. It was a delightful send off. Normally, I don't like to vacation in the same spot, but our 25th anniversary is next year and we are considering going back to Alsol. Thanks to the entire staff for making our trip so wonderful!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank LuvCaribbean2013
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear LuvCaribbean2013,

We would like to thank you for choosing AlSol Luxury Village as your vacation destination in Cap Cana and for taking the time to post a review about your wonderful experience.

I would personally like to express our satisfaction when reading that your recent experience was "FANTASTIC" one. We are honored to see that our rooms, beautiful premises and the service provided by our staff surpassed your expectations. Jesus, Sandy, Sandro and Emmanuel have raved about your comment!. The staff at AlSol Luxury Village is committed to provide the best service to our guests.

We look forward to 25th Anniversary stay with us next year.

In AlSol Hotels & Resorts, It’s Our Passion To Serve You!

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I haven't written this kind of review before, but want to right this to share my great experience in Alsol.

I had vacation with 3 of my friends at this hotel for three days. I had vacations at 4 other resorts in Dominican Republic for last 2 years, and this one was the BEST of them.

All the employee are really nice and kind. They treated us like their friends but always respected us. They remembered our names and called each of us by name. Their services are always very thoughtful and sincere. I have visited 4 other resorts in punta cana and bavaro area, but have never got services like this. Sometimes I felt really bad because of irresponsible services in other hotels but this resort was totally different. Our favorite employees were Sandro Santana, Julio Perez, and Emmanuel, Jesus. There are more, but unfortunately we don't remember all the names.

Foods were awesome! They do not have a huge buffet with below the average quality food, like other resort do. We used two restaurant there, and they provided differentiated food and services. We really enjoyed every dishes they served and cocktails and fresh fruits.

We could use pools for 24 hours, which is not possible in some other resorts. We really enjoyed swimming in the night time in peace. Although pool bar closed early, could bring some drinks from the other bar.

This hotel does not have dynamic activities like riding a bicycle, games, dancing party but you still can use these services if you want, at other resort located right next to Alsol. All these activities are for free but you need to pay for the transportation(taxi : 10 dollars for a round trip).

I didn't see beach in the resort but a employee told me that they will have from December this year. But you can visit the great beach with free transportation(cart), although I haven;t been.

The only inconvenience was the "Taxi" service. I took taxi from the local bus terminal but taxi drivers didn't know the location of this hotel. I aksed 3 different taxi drivers but none of them knew where it is, and when one of them took us to the hotel, we had to stop the taxi 3 times, to asked someone about the location of hotel. When we came back home, an employee of front desk called a taxi for us, but this taxi driver was really annoying. He kept asking us to take to the capital although we told hime them we only want him to take to the bus terminal(He kept asking us for 20 minutes, like 20 times).

I already recommended this hotel to my boss for the annual workshop of any agency, and wanna recommend to my friends who expects relaxing, peaceful vacations with awesome food and high quality services.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jiwon3267
Dear Ms. Jiwon3267,

We appreciate your detailed review regarding your stay at AlSol Luxury Village. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and to see the results of the Passion that we all put in to serve our guests. We sincerely thank you for your valuable comments.

We are honored to read your recommendations to everyone and the wonderful highlights of our excellent rooms, impeccable service, and helpful staff. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. Everyone at AlSol Luxury Village continuously strives to meet our guest needs and expectation.

Our Sales Team will be contacting you to coordinate all the details the company's annual workshop. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back to AlSol Luxury Village .

With best regards,

Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Alsol Luxury Village? Share your experiences!