“We had amazing vacation at Alsol luxury village”

Alsol Luxury Village
Ranked #87 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“We had amazing vacation at Alsol luxury village”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I haven't written this kind of review before, but want to right this to share my great experience in Alsol.

I had vacation with 3 of my friends at this hotel for three days. I had vacations at 4 other resorts in Dominican Republic for last 2 years, and this one was the BEST of them.

All the employee are really nice and kind. They treated us like their friends but always respected us. They remembered our names and called each of us by name. Their services are always very thoughtful and sincere. I have visited 4 other resorts in punta cana and bavaro area, but have never got services like this. Sometimes I felt really bad because of irresponsible services in other hotels but this resort was totally different. Our favorite employees were Sandro Santana, Julio Perez, and Emmanuel, Jesus. There are more, but unfortunately we don't remember all the names.

Foods were awesome! They do not have a huge buffet with below the average quality food, like other resort do. We used two restaurant there, and they provided differentiated food and services. We really enjoyed every dishes they served and cocktails and fresh fruits.

We could use pools for 24 hours, which is not possible in some other resorts. We really enjoyed swimming in the night time in peace. Although pool bar closed early, could bring some drinks from the other bar.

This hotel does not have dynamic activities like riding a bicycle, games, dancing party but you still can use these services if you want, at other resort located right next to Alsol. All these activities are for free but you need to pay for the transportation(taxi : 10 dollars for a round trip).

I didn't see beach in the resort but a employee told me that they will have from December this year. But you can visit the great beach with free transportation(cart), although I haven;t been.

The only inconvenience was the "Taxi" service. I took taxi from the local bus terminal but taxi drivers didn't know the location of this hotel. I aksed 3 different taxi drivers but none of them knew where it is, and when one of them took us to the hotel, we had to stop the taxi 3 times, to asked someone about the location of hotel. When we came back home, an employee of front desk called a taxi for us, but this taxi driver was really annoying. He kept asking us to take to the capital although we told hime them we only want him to take to the bus terminal(He kept asking us for 20 minutes, like 20 times).

I already recommended this hotel to my boss for the annual workshop of any agency, and wanna recommend to my friends who expects relaxing, peaceful vacations with awesome food and high quality services.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jiwon3267
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Ms. Jiwon3267,

We appreciate your detailed review regarding your stay at AlSol Luxury Village. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and to see the results of the Passion that we all put in to serve our guests. We sincerely thank you for your valuable comments.

We are honored to read your recommendations to everyone and the wonderful highlights of our excellent rooms, impeccable service, and helpful staff. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. Everyone at AlSol Luxury Village continuously strives to meet our guest needs and expectation.

Our Sales Team will be contacting you to coordinate all the details the company's annual workshop. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back to AlSol Luxury Village .

With best regards,

AlSol Luxury Village

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a very relaxed resort so if you're looking to party stay elsewhere!
The food was delicious and opposite to other all inclusive resorts, they have a menu to choose from, except for breakfast which is a buffet! All liquor is premium, a big difference from other resorts which usually carry cheap liquor and the service is superb! Personalized all the way, they bring you everything you want pool side!
We had the best tequila sunrises ever!! Special shout out to David, Jesus, Richard and Christian over at the pool bar!! They were amazing to us! Thanks guys!! We will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Mdiaz2876
Dear Captain Jackie,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write and comment on your recent stay at AlSol Luxury Village.

Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I have shared your wonderful comments with Ynocenio, Sandro, Franciso, and Davinia! They had a pleasure in serving you and would be proud to do it again. Your review motivates them by reading that you highlight the excellent service and friendliness delivered by them to you and your family.

It would be a great pleasure for the whole team to welcome you again, and please do not hesitate to contact us in advanced for further assistance prior your arrival.

Kindest regards,

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I was surprisingly strong the effect of it actually surprised me!! (Lol) The grounds are immaculate and the pool was sparkling clean. The service of Sandro,Christian,Jesus, and Mateo was excellent!!!! They always had a smile and were just so nice.... I stayed there for 6 days and Sandro and Christian were a welcomed sight everyday!!! I have no complaints at all, the peace and quiet was what I came for and I received just that, although the weather channel stated cloudy with rain all week long, I tanned just fine on a cloudy day and besides one morning with a sun shower the weather was fantastic!!! I would recommend this resort to anyone who asked and hopefully I will be back again soon!!! Thank You for a wonderful experience :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for trusting AlSol Luxury Village to host your vacation. We are thrilled to read your review, and to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and you were able to relax and enjoy your 6 days with us.

All our team members and specially Sandro, Christian, Jesus, and Mateo are honored with your kind remarks and we are glad we were part of your unique experience. Reading your reviews it’s something that warms our hearts and drives us to improve every day.

We will certainly be ready to welcome you back to AlSol Luxury Village in the near future.

Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We've been home for 1 week and it's taken me this time to get my head round my review. I'm not sure if it was us or it's being English but we definitely haven't had the same experience as everyone else who has reviewed.
Yes our 1 bedroom apartment was absolutely stunning although our safe went wrong everyday and our door card wouldn't work every other day but hey apparently that was our fault!!
Breakfast was my biggest bug bear no fruit or cereal, I drink tea and everyday the hot water they poured had strange things in it, cold milk was the most difficult to explain everyday it came in different crockery, teapot, shot glass, big glass and a cup so no milk jugs then! The toast was warm bread we asked to be toasted never enough butter and jam well that was an experience, you get a choice of 3 breakfast menus American, French and Dominican the French and American bared no resemblance to anything I've eaten in either country before, the only thing we could eat was omelettes some days they would be lovely and big other days not enough to feed a child, just wanted a better choice more variety it ended up being a dread to go for breakfast:(
The best meal of the day was at the pool bar fantastic sandwiches and chips.
Dinner was hit and miss for us, everything was difficult for us to explain (our English accents maybe) my husband wanted a Greek style salad with tomatoes onion and feta cheese and it came cooked, we just wanted a nice healthy salad and meat and not fancy food not everyday anyway.
The staff at reception were very nice and always happy and welcoming sandy organised us a hire car which was such a good idea we went to the sanctuary (sister hotel) 4 times which is really lovely, punta espada golf course twice and even drove to Bavaro twice and we saved the cost of taxi back to the airport. Didn't feel unsafe just be careful of the traffic they drive with no rules.
It's a shame that there aren't many guest we found it a bit lonely hence we did stuff but other people there quite liked that, I did know it was gonna be quiet but there's quiet and quiet.
All in all I liked the area and will return but to the sanctuary.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Dollyncrumpy
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback regarding your experiences at AlSol Luxury Village.

It always our goal to provide the utmost attention to service delivering an excellent guest experience and meeting the demands of our guests.Understanding that our guests are exposed to different experiences, quality and insights, we are polishing menu our restaurants to alternate the variety of our cuisine.

We appreciate your details as they are of an improvement opportunity. We hope that your good overall holiday experience are not overweighed by the quietness of our property.

We are taking daily steps up to reach the level of service and standards that our guests expect.

Thank you for experiencing our sister property, Sanctuary Cap Cana. We are delighted that we were able to meet your expectations.

We hope to have the honor to host you again in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would to start by thanking the staff for the amazing service they provided us. Sandy, Lilliana, Jonathan, Luis, Jesus, Alexander, Mateo, Bienvenido, David, Emmanuel, Julio, Ruth. I'm usually bad with names but as you can see I remembered so many because of the excellent and memorable service we received.

Location:

As many others said, the resort is very close to the airport. 10 minutes taxi ride that will cost you $30 if they haven't raised the price by now. It's on the Marina and the views from the room facing it are amazing.The taxi drivers were not familiar with the name Alsol Luxury Village. They know it as the Marina or the Fishing Lodge because of the recent name change. It doesn't have a direct access to the beach but you can be easily driven to the Punta Cana resort beach by golf cart upon request. It's barely 3 minutes away and the hotel will come and pick you up whenever you want. We walked the way back on one occasion because of a mix up but apologies were given and the walk itself wasn't too bad. It's a great way to stay in shape from all the food you eat if you have the all inclusive package. You can also go to their sister resort (Sanctuary) which is a $2 taxi away to access their beach.

Food:

If you are going there to stay for more than a couple of days, I recommend you get the all inclusive package. It'll save you money. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. During our visit Il Cielo, Marinners and Kokomos were usually opened. They have a breakfast buffet on the weekend which was amazing but during the week you'll have a menu to choose from. But I never found myself restricted to the menu. I simply ordered what I wanted and got it. The food was very good and for an all inclusive resort the chefs are doing an excellent job. You can also order room service. We did a few times and the service was excellent. We don't drink but from my observation, the alcohol was flowing freely to the other guests and we were offered drinks several times and had to decline. There was also an Italian pizza restaurant on the resort that is not included in the All Inclusive package. We tried it and it was a bit of a disappointment. I have nothing nice to say about the pizza but the rest of the food and service was fine.

The Rooms:

What else can I say about the rooms that haven't been said? The best room I ever stayed in at a hotel. The fact that it is also new was great. We got a Junior suite which was very spacious with a full kitchen, separate living room area and a bedroom with a small walk-in closet. We were also given a tour of some of the other rooms. The two and three bedroom suite were also very high end and spacious. Housekeeping was also good but some items were missing from the room when we got there.The kitchen had no coffee, tea or sugar packets. There were some drinks in the fridge and they brought more during our stay.

Entertainment:

There was no entertainment on the resort other than the waiters trying to keep you smiling and entertained in any way they can. There is a night club on the property that is under construction and is to be opened soon. There are 3 swimming pools to enjoy. There were very few guests at the resort when we were there for a week. About five couples in total. So you'll have a lot of privacy during your stay. If you are looking for a crowd the resort may not be for you. It was a very calm, quiet and laid back environment.

Highlights:

If you can, go to the Sanctuary and eat at the Blue Marlin restaurant. It was very nice.
They arranged a romantic dinner for us by the Mariner and it was amazing.
Go to Scape Park for the zip line. It was safe and a very good experience.
Overall, the people at the resort made it fantastic and unforgettable. We are already planning a return trip.

Thank you!!

A Quick Tip: When outside of the resort be careful when buying things. Prices are highly inflated for non locals. Know the current exchange rate for pesos. Don't just pay whatever they tell you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank JB_4_Travels
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your memorable AlSol Luxury Village experience online. It is always an amazing feeling when our valued guests share so many wonderful comments about their vacation with us.

We are more than happy to learn that we actually fit exactly to what you were looking for you and that you enjoyed our beautiful scenery as well as the enthusiasm of our staff. All our team members are honored with your kind remarks and we are glad we were part of your unique experience. Reading your reviews it’s something that warms our hearts and drives us to improve every day.

We certainly will be ready to welcome you back to AlSol Luxury Village in the near future and we hope that your future stay is also as excellent and memorable as this one.

República Dominicana
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I'm delighted the service and food in this place. Special thanks to Sandy, Sandro and the special food of the Chef Gumercindo, which makes an excellent meal.

We recommend to visit this beautiful place, where you can have a relaxed day with the best care.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Marlenmot
It's an absolute pleasure for all of us at AlSol Luxury Village to read such a wonderful review. We want to sincerely Thank you. Your valuable feedback is very well received!

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

Thank you for preferring AlSol Luxury Village!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was very satisfied with the studio deluxe room. Luis, Alexander and Jesus were all great guys to have working there. I had an issue with the main gate security with allowing my guest that accompanied the trip with me to enter the premises on one occasion, although the resort security treated us kind the entire time. Luis took care of it and my guest was treated with the dignity and respect that she deserved. The main security gate guards need to realize that not every Dominican female that comes to the property is a "street chica". This was somewhat humiliating and discriminatory in a way but Luis assured that every thing was fine as he provided an email and letter to the main gate security staff. Juanillo Beach which is next to the Sanctuary is the best beach by far!. The only downside to staying at the property was that it was so quiet and empty. There seemed to be more people at the Sanctuary and there also seemed to be some activities going on as well. Although it was the slow season some sort of activity such as a disco should be open during this time so that there. The resort is very close to the airport. If you are looking for a peaceful relaxing vacation you will find it here. If you need a bit more entertainment and activities you will have to go off property to find it as there was nothing to do. Given that you will need to travel from the property for activities and entertainment I highly recommend getting a rental car as opposed to using the taxis. The restaurants in my opinion were a bit pricey if not on the all-inclusive option. I rented from an owner so I am not sure if the all-inclusive option was even available to me. I had a great time and do plan to visit Punta Cana again. I do plan to to come back in February. I just hope to see some improvements with the activities and entertainment so that I do not always have to leave to find something to do.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aubrey C
We would like to thank for posting a review on Tripadvisor about your experience at AlSol Luxury Village and for choosing our hotel to spend the weekend.

It has been a pleasure to have at AlSol Luxury Village as a repeat guest. It is so encouraging to receive positive comments on our facilities and culinary services.

We will share your comments with Luis and our entire team .

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in February.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol
#39 of 112 in Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection
Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville Don Pablo Collection

Been to Alsol Luxury Village? Share your experiences!