“Great staff, beautiful resort”

Alsol Luxury Village
Ranked #85 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My experience at this resort was stellar. It met all of my expectations and more. We arrived to first class service, which remained our entire stay. The staff was truly amazing and really made us feel comfortable and right at home. Any request we had, they made happen with a smile. A few of the staff members I must give a shout-out to were: Ynocencio (best bartender, personable, nice, accommodating), Sandy (drove us and picked us up from the beach every time we asked) and Carlos, Mateo, Hector and Jesus ((great waiters, always greeted us with a smile) .

The cleaning staff was amazing as well. Our room was always cleaned very nicely and none of our valuables were stolen as sometimes we forgot to put them back in the security box.

All-in-all I would recommend this resort to anyone who asked me where my best vacation has been thus far. I hope my review helps other couples looking for a romantic getaway as this place is the spot!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren F
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing your memorable AlSol Luxury Village experience online. It is always an amazing feeling when our valued guests share so many wonderful comments about their vacation with us.

We are more than happy to learn that we actually fit exactly to what you were looking for you and that you enjoyed our beautiful scenery as well as the enthusiasm of our staff. All our team members are honored with your kind remarks and we are glad we were part of your unique experience. Reading your reviews it’s something that warms our hearts and drives us to improve every day.

We certainly will be ready to welcome you back to AlSol Luxury Village in the near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at Alsol it was an experience of a lifetime. The room was breathtaking, the service was outstanding, the management has its pulse on the best customer service especially (Victoria Mendoza). I loved it and will return as many times I can.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank dulcebori
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

We would like to thank you for choosing AlSol Luxury Village as your honeymoon destination in Punta Cana and for taking the time to post a review about your AMAZING experience.

It was truly an honor to have you at AlSol Luxury Village! Please consider us your " home way from home". We hope to have the opportunity to greet you again soon at AlSol Luxury Village.

Our best wishes,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Alsol is truly a paradise!! I personally would like to thank again the entire staff for the exquisite service and in particular the following team who were very attentive: Rudy (reception), Managers-Jose and Alfredo, Chef Julio, Chef Richard, Mateo, Carlos, Jesus, Hector, Roinet, Alfredo and Innocencio. Looking forward to going back with my family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank nycns2013
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

We would like to thank you for choosing AlSol Luxury Village as your vacation destination in Punta Cana and for taking the time to post a review about your experience.Your valuable feedback is very well received!

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know Jose, Alfredo, Julio, Richard, Mateo, Carlos, Jesus, Hector and Roinert will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we invite you to return and experience AlSol Luxury Village again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked a second floor suite that was truly amazing. I added a photo of the view on here. The location was great too because it is only 15 mins away from the airport (PUJ).

The staff members that stood out from this experience are Innocencio, Carlos, Jesus and Matteo. We were always greeted with warm and welcoming smiles. They went above and beyond fulfilling their duties by sincerely initiating conversations and making sure we were enjoying ourselves.

This trip was memorable not because of how beautiful the establishment was, but because of the people that were part of it. If the staff were not so fun and welcoming, it would not be the same. I am telling everyone about this place and hope to see the same faces again next year.

Thank you all for making our summer great!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Mrjlpz
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

We would like to thank for posting a review on Tripadvisor about your experience at AlSol Luxury Village and for choosing our hotel to spend your vacation time with your girlfriend.

We are extremely pleased to read about your memorable stay and to receive your detailed feedback on your AlSol experience.

Thank you for sharing the picture with all of us, the magnificent view from your room truly confirms your comments.

I will make sure that Inocencio, Carlos, Jesus and Mateo read your comment. I am sure they will rave about it. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

At AlSol Luxury Village, Service is our Passion!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I visited Alsol with a gp of my girlfriends at the end of August. We wanted a quick getaway Labor Day weekend at a reasonable price. We almost thought that an all inclusive trip to the DR would exceed our budget, but luckily we found Alsol! Our trip cost about $110 per night per person, which I consider quite a deal for all that we got. Rooms only are also an option, and kitchens are a available. We arrived from the airport (got a little turned around cause our driver did not recognize the name Alsol. Apparently it's also known as Fishing Lodge Cap Cana). The folks at the desk were very friendly and we were greeted with a glass of juice on arrival - lovely. We were even able to split our bills on respective credit cards upon check in - convenient. We immediately headed to the pool bar to grab a snack. Can I just say that this property is gorgeous! It's huge, and there weren't many guest which made me feel I was in Paradise with just a few friends. The quiet was just what we wanted. We stayed in a 3 bedroom suite which was quite well appointed and had a full kitchen - the fridge was stocked with cold (non alcoholic) drinks. Due to the low number of guests only one restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch or dinner at a time, but the food was very tasty. We had a Dominican meal both nights we stayed, the second was specially arranged for us by Alfred, one of the managers. Rice, black beans, stewed chicken, tostones, sweet plantain and salad - so tasty! We are Caribbean-born so it certainly hirt the spot. Il Cielo, the Italian restaurant has such delicious food and overlooks a small pool and the marina for great views. The waiters (all male?) rotated from restaurant to restaurant and are quite pleasant - Jesus, Manuel, etc. Most speak English well. There are golf carts to take you around if needed and to the nearby beach - we liked the drivers Alexander, Mateo and Sandy. Sandy took us and was there promptly at the requested time for pickup. The beach is quiet and gorgeous, super calm and pretty shallow unless you go out a distance. There are beach chairs to lounge on. We saw a restaurant which we did not try. The 2 main pools are warm and refreshing. One has a bar and volleyball net. The other is even larger and looks like an oasis. Pool towels were available in the rooms. We contemplated visiting a nearby club for nightlife, which was a 15 min taxi ride away, but we felt too lazy to try. All in all it was one of my best vacations ever and I can't wait to return. Hoping to bring the family in early December before rates increase too much. I strongly recommend this hidden jewel!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Hottlikefyah
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

We appreciate your detailed review regarding your stay at AlSol Luxury Village. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and to see the results of the Passion that we all put in to serve our guests. We sincerely thank you for your valuable comments.

We are honored to read your recommendations and highlights of our excellent rooms, impeccable service, and helpful staff. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. Everyone at AlSol Luxury Village continuously strives to meet our guest needs and expectation.

We kindly ask you to write us before your next visit; it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back to AlSol Luxury Village .

With best regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our family stayed here for a week at the end of August and were blown away from the start. initially just seeing the property grounds, building and marina. What we were not expecting was the warmth and incredible hospitality from all of the staff at the resort.
Immediately we were greeted by Ruddy P who laid out the entire property for us, explained the suites and insured us of a fantastic holiday. Honestly, we were not sure what to expect as we had read comments on T.A, but any insecurities were laid to rest quickly.
The property itself is a gorgeus Mediterranean village set on a Marina with small shops, church,gym(which we used), pizzeria and spa.As well as several restaurants and pool bars. Our room was spacious with a kitchen, 3 baths, walk in closet and pool on our balcony. The beds were large and incredibly comfortable. We did do the all inclusive and was completely surprised. The food was prepared and presented restaurant style. There was not one disappointing meal throughout our stay. In fact, on several occassions we did request 2nd's and was graciously accommodated. We did get to know the chefs throughout our stay and they were always there to make sure we had a great meal. Chef Julio, managers Alfredo and Jose even arranged for a family dinner set aside the marina! Definitely not expected. Our afternoons post beach were spent at the pool next to Kokomo Grill. We were expecting typical bar food, but each day Chef Rychard had something special. Tostones w/steak, tuna tartare, steak tartare...always trying to make something special and you could tell he enjoyed making it for us. And cant forget the typical Dominican lunch that Manager Jose arranged for us, WoW. And i absolutely need to acknowledge the wait staff as they did whatever they could do to make us happy. Every morning we were greeted by Jesus and Matteo with a huge smile/laugh, always trying to make us happy. Carlos,Reinert(great Pina Coladas),Hector, Alfredo and Innocencio. The entire team went out of their way every time and exceeded our expectations for sure.They became part of our fantastic vacation. We have been travelling to PC for 10 years and this vacation was by far our favorite trip. Normally it is easier to post negative comments, but we went out of our way to recognize and acknowledge the incredible team that became so much a component of our wonderful holiday.
For sure this is not a "big box" resort, so if that is your taste look elsewhere. There are multple pools throughout. Large and small. The nearby beach is incredible and secluded. Once the word gets out on this property it will definitely become a popular destination. Thanks again to the entire team for making this a fantastic week!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank gary s

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at AlSol Luxury Village.

Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I have shared your wonderful comments with them! They had a pleasure in serving you and would be proud to do it again. Your review motivates them by reading that you highlight the excellent service and friendliness delivered by them to you and your family.

It would be a great pleasure for the whole team to welcome you again, and please do not hesitate to contact us in advanced for further assistance prior your arrival.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband Keith and I traveled with our friends Mike and Jessica August 15th-21st. Our rooms were gorgeous, I feel like we were the first people to stay in them?! the only item missing in the bathroom was a ledge for soap and toiletries, other than that, perfect accommodations.
The Italian restaurant and the buffet were awesome, the food was soooo good. I am still dreaming of the filet and homemade pasta, very, very delicious! The resort is VERY quiet and peaceful. The pools are perfectly cleaned and beautiful. There were times during our stay that we were the only people at the pool. (which is what we wanted). We did go to the beach a couple days to do something different. Sandy, our golf cart driver, was awesome. call him up and he is there in a minute to help you. Our bartenders were PERFECT! Raul and Roberto, cant ask for anything better. We made friends forever and really appreciated the genuine care and hospitality the staff treated us with. I also would like to commend the Salon staff. Best pedicure and romantic moonlit massage EVER! WOW!! i highly recommend. I did get my haircut at the salon too, WOW! great cut, perfectionist, I highly recommend him (I apologize, forgot your name if you are reading this review, blond hair, great shirts :)) This resort has a lot of potential. I feel we visited before it really takes off, very empty and almost deserted but I feel confident if they keep up the perfect hospitality, it will take off like Hard Rock. Special thanks to the guys at the front desk too, they really helped out with a booking error and saved the vacation for us!!! excellent customer service. See you all again soon! Jennifer and Keith Colson, Charlotte NC

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JenniferZiccardi
Victoria M, Manager at Alsol Luxury Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for trusting AlSol Luxury Village to host your vacation. We are thrilled to read your review, and to learn that we were able to exceed you expectations and most important that you were able to relax and enjoy your days with us.

We are honored to see that we were exactly what you were looking for, because you can be sure that we put all of our commitment and passion into the recreation of your memorable experience, it makes us feel proud all the good comments regarding the service, facilities, gastronomy and facilities you made in your review.

We look forward to serving in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino

Been to Alsol Luxury Village? Share your experiences!