“Well Organized & Fun Excursion”

Amstar DMC Tours & Transfers
Ranked #16 of 72 Transportation in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Amstar DMC is a leading destination management company providing services to individuals, travel agencies, tour operators, corporations and meeting planners. With a track record of 28 years delivering exceptional experiences, Amstar serves in some of the world’s most beautiful spots: think Mexico, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica and Hawaii. From handpicked destination experiences to private VIP itineraries, plus a wide range of transportation options, we deliver the kind of experiences and service you and your clients need, stress-free. Our difference comes from our world-class service, delivered by a team of travel experts with a deep-rooted passion for travel and customer service.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was only in DR for 5 days so wasn't sure if I for sure wanted to do an excursion but am so glad we did this one. It was very well organized and although I agree with other reviews, it lasted a little bit longer than initially told it was well worth the time. They had plenty of staff there to help and to keep it all moving. It was my first time and it was a blast! I also enjoyed the info the guide shared about the country and learned about the culture a bit more. I loved the drive there as I was able to see some of the real DR. My only complaint would be I wish they would have brought up smaller groups, it would have went quicker and they could stick to their time line they promised better. Also, on one line they say you don't have to brake, hold on to the cable with your right hand...but you should hold onto the brake otherwise you'll swivel around and you don't want to do that, lol.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)
All reviews
"lobster"
"dominican republic"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Safe, professional, and worth every dime! 12 stations, over rivers, long zip lines! My wife and I and 3 other couples, 6 of us had never done this before! It was awesome! Staff is friendly and pay attention to every detail. The manger is awesome from Costa Rica and speaks English fluently, as do several of the staff, The trip from the resort is a tour of the Dominican culture and lifestyle. Rough mountain roads, and Dominican agriculture are a plus! Loved it!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

You zip on a total of 12 different cables. This is the 1st time either my wife or I ever ziplined. What an experience !!! One of the cables is over a 1/2 mile long and takes about a minute to traverse (30 miles per hour !! Another is over 300 feet above the tree canopy. All of the people working are very safety oriented and they make sure you are properly harnessed in before each zip. You zip from platform to platform and then walk to the next one. Be sure to prepare yourself for the most exciting time. I doubt if I will ever find another zipline that could match this one.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Bring something to put your belongings in, you have to leave everything in a big container. 12 lines and they go very fast. You have to clip your camera to your helmet, make sure the string is long enough so you can take pictures when you are not zipping. Bring tip money for the driver, tour person the bus and they zipping people. You get fresh fruit when you are done. It is very beautiful! Part of the ride there and back is on a very rough road.

1  Thank Cancunfirsttimer
Alexander J, Manager at Amstar DMC Tours & Transfers, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2016

Dear Cancunfirsttimer,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your zip line experience. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your excursion with us and would recommend us to the TripAdvisor community. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,