“Great getaway from the resorts”

Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village
Ranked #65 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very relaxing airport hotel. Brand-new. Two-minute shuttle ride to the airport. Across the street is a plaza with several restaurants, shops, bank, car rental and supermarket. Could easily be used as a base hotel for daily holiday excursions, which I hope to do in the near future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank David-Eric
Noraima W, Assistant Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2016

Dear David-Eric

Thank you for your very detailed review of our hotel and the surrounding area. We hope you come back and stay very soon.

Regards

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Hotel itself is beautiful. Rooms are elegant and clean. Breakfast 'buffet' consisted of scrambled eggs, undercooked bacon, cereal, juice and coffee for $20.00 each!!! Total rip-off. The so-called 'buffet' should have been complimentary but even if they imposed a charge it most definitely shouldn't have been over $5! Was in shock when we got the bill!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank nancy183

Dear Nancy183;

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we are glad you liked our rooms, Our customers whitout breakfast included have to pay 10us dollars plus tax. We are sorry our breaksfast wasnt as you expected.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Noraima Whitmowth

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had some miles and points to spare--thought I would travel to Punta Cana, DR for some scuba diving. Was there for work from some but most to go diving. Most of the dive spots are farther away--20 minutes north in Bavaro but I wanted to use my SPG points to stay for the 5 nights I was there. Had a fantastic time. I was traveling alone so got to know the hotel service staff pretty well--they are awesome. Highlights included:

1. Great staff / service: Jose / Jean / Ileana were all great! I accidentally booked one of my nights wrong--was quickly corrected--thanks to Jose who helped check me in. Jean gave me some great recommendations for Dominican food at the Carbon restaurant nearby which was delicious--ended up going there twice. Ileana was able to give me great tips on different tourist spots in Puntacana area, including helping me coordinate my ride to the PuntaCana Ecological Park which was gorgeous. I would like to say I enjoyed the stay a lot more with all their help!

2. Puntacana breakfast: Great food--got to get some local Mangu--mashed green plaintains which was delicious. Manny--who manages the restaurant was very friendly and helpful as well. I would say it was a bit confusing sometimes what was included or not included on the menu since I was using my platinum points for the breakfast but the food was great--loved the fruit juices as well.

3. Accommodations: Spacious, wireless connection was solid--allowed me to conduct teleconference / business calls in my room without a problem. They also have computer / ability to print for a fee downstairs. Tried out the gym--small but not bad. The basics: treadmills, ellipticals, big screen tv, exercise balls, etc. Also free beer tasting at the bar. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank scintillation
Karen G, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for your very detailed review of our hotel and the surrounding area. You hit on all the major highlights of our property, location, complimentary wifi, free bottled water, the benefits of being a SPG member, and a staff that strives to serve you, our guest. We hope you come back and stay very soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

a very elegant business hotel, confortable stay, very expensive, decoration is very modern and pleasant to the eyes.. Food is good but too expensive. conference areas are well decorated.. Baths are also very modern.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JOSEFINA051

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is new, so it’s clean and bright. It’s only 1 mile from the airport which makes it convenient for overnight stays. They offer a free shuttle service but you are suppose to notify them of your arrival time because the shuttle is not automatically available at the airport. However, I did send them an email inquiring about the shuttle and I never received a response. Try calling from the airport if you have a phone or perhaps borrow from one of the tour operators. If you are unable to reach them, there are many taxi’s at the airport. Most of them will charge $10, that’s much too much. At the most negotiate $5. My taxi driver didn’t even want that because it was so close. But I paid him anyway.

Most rooms have showers but if you want a tub, just request one. However the exhaust fan is connected to the light source and it’s so loud, it’s impossible to take a relaxing bath with the lights on. Also, there is no water spout, so you must fill the tub from the shower head. The mattresses are super firm, but I like that. The w-fi is free and fast, but ignore the instructions, you won’t need to plug it in, just open your browser and type ‘guest’

They offer you a sample of the local beer “Presidente” at the bar, which is very good.
The food is decent and not terribly expensive by US standards.

The location is nice because there is a shopping square directly across the street. Some boutique stores and a few restaurants., as well as a grocery store. One restaurant looked very charming called Roma. Sorry I didn’t get to eat there, but the atmosphere was wonderful.

Also, if you rent a car, Avis and Hertz is directly across the street.

The staff was super friendly and accommodating. This was a nice find, I got a great rate on Hotwire $100/night

Room Tip: I only saw two rooms, both were the same except one had a tub/shower, the other only a shower.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank sspc

Thank you for your recent visit. We appreciate your feedback; it allows our establishments the opportunity to view things as our guests do when they are here with us. Thank you once again and we truly desire you will stay again during your next visit

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Amazing lighted rooms with great screens, beautiful in red I went with my family due to a layover flight an wanted to stay for an extra night. You can take adavntage of the resort and in 5 minutes be at playa blanca and the sand is as named white white. A cross the street you can fin restaurants and bars,we went while our kids were enjoying the pool. Great for a 24 hour stop.

Room Tip: We use two rooms ours with a king had only shower my kids stayed in a double which had shower and ba...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Turista2000

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Service was great, the rooms really clean, brand new hotel. really close to the shopping center, no noise, planing to go back next month. Parking good food, the bed was really great. i would really recomend this hotel for work or to get to know punta cana, great prices.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Alejandro G
Karen G, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Mr. Alejandro Gonzales;
We are very grateful and happy to read our first review on Tripadvisor, thanks for taking a few minutes to express your experience at our hotel, we hope to welcome you again shortly.