“Had a blast, but it is expensive....”
Review of ORO Nightclub

and up
ORO Nightclub Party in Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 36 Nightlife in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: ORO Nightclub is the ultimate most exclusive nightclub of Caribbean. We offer the experience of a luxurious and vibrant nightlife, with the best shows, concerts & themed nights, international and local Djs and so much more to get you going all night long. We promise to be the highlight of your week, every week.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The "Common" areas are small; the club is small, so most of the nice places to hang out are reserved to people that buy a bottle. Bottles are between ~$300 and $1,200 USD (Yes, big bucks). The "small guy" opening the dance floor is amazing.

Overall I had a blast. It doesn't end very late (In Mexico, partying ends around 4-5 am in the morning. It was 2 am and it was almost empty). But the ambiance and the gals at the bar are friendly. Thursday - girls no cover (At least that was the case when I went).

2  Thank OmarTrujillo
There are newer reviews for ORO Nightclub

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed at the Hard Rock last from July 6 through 13th. Table service with a bottle of Goose was $300 list price PLUS a $102 resort/club fee tax for a grand total of $402. there is also an all you can drink option of $50 per person and I believe it was all you can drink from 11pm to 1am

Was with a group so we opted to go with table service as we werent sure how cramped the club would be and we wanted to have a good time with no issues. It turned out to be the way to go as we got a great spot to ourselves, behind the velvet rope. Security guard stood by us the entire time as well as a watress and bar hand full time. Nice bottle presentation and the unseal and pop the corks right in front of you so you know theres no bait n switch....Drinks were refilled immediately, service amazing.... Ladies in our party were escorted to the bathrooms by either the bar hand or Security everytime which was a nice touch I thought. Table service is simply great at this club, not only was the ice refilled 2 or 3 times throughout the night, but the individual mixers were refilled whenever they were down to half bottles, Not when they were empty. Can't say enough about how well we were treated here.

Resident DJ played a great mix of music, from latin, to reaggae, hip hop and finish off with Dance/House music.. The place was definitely pumping and the lighting, decor, and dancers really set the place apart down there. They had a staff member dressed in a full robot costume full of LED lights come out doing mr roboto on the tables and shooting fire extinguishers into the crowd...pretty awesome!

Now have to bring up a couple of negatives just to keep it real. 1st off: the $102 resort fee added to the $300 already being paid was a bit steep for a club in the D.R especially if you're already staying at the hard rock. But what I was really surprised at was the lack of flexibility at Oro when it came to prices. We're from NYC and not the type to bargain prices...but went back and reserved table/bottle service a second night during our stay and when I inquired about getting some free club passes from the promoters for some friends who didnt want the bottle service they turned me down flat. I didnt argue cuz its not worth it but cmon, we're spending alot of money at the club already and you cant throw us a couple of free passes for people? really? common sense here

Anyway, if you're looking to party and expecially if you're staying at the hard rock...then def check out ORO...might hurt your bank a little if you're not prepared but just save some of the blackjack winnings and put it towards a bottle...you wont be dissapointed.

Shoutout to my boy RONNIE at ORO A.K.A Mr Roboto!!!!

any questions feel free to ask

5  Thank TBrooklyn
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I went to scope out this place for my birthday next year. I was staying at the Hard Rock however, hubby and I was required to pay $20 total for admission. Due to staying on the property, we were not interested in paying more for the open bar.

I love the design of this club. The upstairs VIP section was plush!

I look forward to shutting this club down next year.

3  Thank FELICIA W
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Oro is pricey so I had my drinks at the hotel and left to the nightclub. It was AWESOME! The music was amazing and also the decor. I danced the whole night. The place was so packed you could barely walk through, though. Met a lot of amazing people. Honestly, one of the best clubbing experiences I've ever had.

2  Thank Hellodomrep
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Enough said! This place was great. anyone saying it wasn't is either sad they had to pay for something, they brought there girl, or no nothing about nightclubs! I went there opening weekend and it was insane. I loved it so much I am going back in July. See you in 3 weeks!

3  Thank Dom C